DishPRO 301 Advance Info
The Dish Network User's Resource
The DISHPro 301 is a cost-effective satellite receiver that incorporates all
of the standard DISHPro features into a sleek, slim line chassis design.
DISHPro 301 uses the DISH Interactive user interface (powered by OpenTV) and
offers interactive capabilities that enhance your television experience.
- DISH Interactive (powered by OpenTV software) Electronic Program Guide (EPG),
User Interface (UI) and interactivity capabilities. Associated features
include: Interactive applications such as Instant Weather with more
applications coming in the future via satellite download
- Instant Weather
- Access weather instantly on channel 9500
- Weather conditions for nearly 1,000 U.S. cities, ski areas and national parks
- Five day forecasts updated every 12 hours
- Current weather updated every hour
- Favorites list for storing one local city and 5 additional cities
- User-friendly, on-screen guidance for navigation using the remote control
- DISH Instant Weather is FREE to Dish Network subscribers
- Updated EPG
- 2 EPG display options:
- Full-Screen EPG: displays 6 lines of channel listings with current time, date and channel number
- Picture-in-Guide EPG: 1/2 screen displays 4 lines of channel listings,
1/4 screen current time, date, and channel number, 1/4 screen TV picture
- Increased channel storage in four user-definable favorites lists
- Instantaneous current and next program extended information: no more
waiting for the information to download from the satellite, info is stored in
the receiver's memory for instant retrieval
- Separate locks for adult and PPV channels
- Infrared (IR) Blast - allows receiver to send IR commands to a VCR to activate and stop recording of a program.
- Enhanced Event Timers - programs the satellite receiver to automatically
tune to a program at a designated time for viewing or to command a VCR to
record selected events.
- On-Screen, Interactive Electronic Program Guide (EPG) - easily access TV listings with touch of remote control
- 2 Day EPG - view programming information 2 full days into the future
- Page at a Time Scrolling - allows rapid scrolling through the EPG, one full page-at-a-time
- Program Information - by pressing the “Info” button, you can instantly access program information, such as start time, ending time, and when available, a brief description about the program.
- Transparent Info Pages - allows continued viewing of a program while information about the program is displayed
- Convenient channel navigation using:
- Themes Lists - access channels by category
- Themes List categories include: Movies, Sports, News/Business, Family/Children, Education, Series/Specials, Music/Arts, Religious
- Favorites Lists - access a grouping of user selected channels
- Favorites List categories include: All Channels, All Subscribed channels (All Subs), and four user-defined lists with increased channel storage
- Music Titles - this music channel feature displays the title, artist, album and label of the song being played
- V-chip Type Technology - provides Parental Control over access to programming based on Channels, Ratings and Content
- Software Upgradeable via Satellite - allows receivers to automatically receive software upgrades via satellite when available
- Program Banner - allows channel surfing using transparent channel banners superimposed across the bottom of the screen, while the program being viewed remains unchanged.
- Impulse Pay-Per-View with On-Screen Purchase Summary - easily order PPV programs via remote control, with the ability to conveniently view recent purchases.
- Closed Caption Support - when supported by the program, dialogue is scrolled across the bottom of the screen.
- User-Selectable Receiver Diagnostic Testing - convenient tool for troubleshooting problems
- One-Touch Channel Return - jumps back and forth between the current channel being viewed and the previous channel
- Alternate Audio (Alternate Language Support) - allows selection of various audio languages when supported by the program.
- MPEG-2 DVB Compliant Technology - compliant with industry standards for DBS digital television broadcasting
- Dish Antenna Aiming screen based upon user ZIP code
- Dish Antenna Peaking (Signal Strength) via Audio Tone and 2-Color Bar Graph
Front Panel Features
- 3 Buttons: Power, Cursor Up, Cursor Down
- IR Sensor
- IR Blast emitter
- Light indicator: Green light indicates receiver is on; no light indicates standby mode.
- Smart card receptacle and door
Rear Panel Features
- Satellite Antenna Input
- TV Antenna/Cable Input
- 1 set Composite RCA-Type Video Outputs
- 1 set RCA-Type Stereo Audio Outputs
- 1 S-Video Output
- RF Modulated Output: Outputs satellite source on channel 3 or 4, or passes through a connected antenna/cable feed to the television
- Phone Jack
- 2 pronged power cord
- 1.5 Infrared (IR) Database Remote Control (33-Button “Blue Button” Remote Control) - allows comprehensive operation of the satellite receiver and can be programmed to operate most up to three additional components, such as TV's and VCR's.
- The remote control included with the DP301 is the same model as included with the Model 3900.
- Dimensions: W: 14-15/16" D: 10" H: 1-3/4"
- Weight: 4.98 lbs.
- Color: Matte black
Pack-out, Pricing & Availability
- Standalone DISHPro 301 (Part # 103631) $149
- DISHPro 301 System #1, 301-22B (Part # 103475) $199
- DISHPro 301 Receiver
- DISH 500 dish antenna
- Twin LNBF
- Assorted cables
- DISHPro 301 System #2, 301-22A (Part # 103491) $ TBD
- DISHPro 301 Receiver
- DISH 500 dish antenna
- 2 Dual LNBF's
- 2 SW21 Switches
- Assorted cables
Warranty on the DISHPro 301 receiver, parts and labor is valid for one year from date of sale. If the equipment fails within the first 30 days, the customer will receive a new replacement. Outside of 30 days they will receive a refurbished receiver or parts replacement. If the product is out of warranty, it will be replaced for a charge. There are some items that are not covered under warranty, including replacement of lost or damaged Smart Cards, installation of the system, cosmetic damage, damage due to
lightning, electrical surges, fire, flood, or other acts of Nature, accident, misuse, abuse, repair or alteration by other than authorized factory service, improper or neglected maintenance. If the customer has an extended warranty, damage due to an electrical surge is covered. Other restrictions apply.
- Front Panel Reset - the unit can be reset by holding the Power button on
the front panel for approximately five seconds. (same as model 6000)