3700 Software History
The Dish Network User's Resource
Covers the combined Model 2700/2800/3700.
This was on Dish Network's software page but never appeared in the stream.
- Check switch updates for upcoming system changes¹
- Turbo QPSK support (SD)¹
- Extend EPG timeout from 3 minutes to 10 minutes¹
- Updated duplicate channel filtering algorithm for cases where channel content is different¹
- Check switch SW21 3 Sat Cascade not displaying correct switch matrix in some cases¹
- Tuning locals from 105° ²
Status: Resolved Rolled back to P834
- Allow all 61.5 transponders to be input in the point dish / signal screen¹
- Rewording for the blacked out event pop-ups¹
- Update “DISH-On-Demand” PPV purchase text to “Pay-Per-View”¹
- TV Guide logo on EPG²
- Filter out duplicate channels when 148 and 61.5 satellite locations are in the same installation¹
- Timeout and retries for pop-ups 003, 004 switch error, and 120 out of area spotbeam¹
- Discuss (DBSTalk.com)
- Improves the video quality to prevent freezes and black screens
- Updates copyright language to 2005
- Change to the frequency the receivers will call out to report PPV purchases
- another Switch Layout for the Superdish (ALT config in the Check Switch Screen)
- Local mapping
- “DISH500 Card Ready” is back on the System Information screen.
- The dish pointing screen has been changed dramatically. Looks like SuperDISH support has been added...orbital slots listed are now 61.5, 105, 110, 119, 121, 129, and 148.
The “DISH 500” button has now been replaced by a “Peak Angles” button. This screen now lets you choose which system you have (Dish 300, 500, or Super Dish) and it gives you the angles.
The dual signal strength bars used to point Dish 500 seem to be gone. You now have to peak each orbital slot by choosing the
one you want to peak on the main screen.
- On the peak angles screen the skew is shown as “???” even when you choose a Dish 500 system
- About 10% of the time when changing channels, it takes up to 10 seconds for the audio and video to come on. Doesn't seem common to any particular channel.
- Remove local channel mapping
- Local channel mapping
- Dish500 Card Ready
- ch 0 lockup.
Status: Resolved P768, P769
- intermittent lock up when using the channel up/down keys
- Per Dish sources
- User observations
- New to this version
- May have been present in earlier versions
Compiled from user reports on DBSTalk.COM, SatelliteGuys.US, and news://alt.dbs.echostar. Send any additions to BobaBird.