3900 Software History
The Dish Network User's Resource
Officially 7-31-07 on Dish's page.
- support minor changes in the network information table structure¹
- Allow customers to change channels when an Interactive TV message pops up on the screen
- Change spelling on the pay per view screen when you select to purchase a pay per view movie
- 105 and 121 listed on the pointing screen.
- “Peak angles” option that shows the pointing angles for SuperDISH as well as Dish 300 and Dish 500 (these are selected from another menu at the bottom) for the zip code entered.
- VCR setup option (menu option 7) listed on the Installation/Setup screen. The 3900 has no IR components and no timer options were added.
Status: Resolved P230
- Interactive Enhancement On/Off feature
- transparent bars
- “Green” Dish 500 card ready writing on Sys. Info screen
- When going quickly through channels up and down it might skip a channel when reversing direction
- behind the scenes changes in the way Interactive TV works.
- The channel bar at the top of the screen is now entirely transparent, formerly had non-transparent blue sections.
- TV Enhancements. According to the brief description, it is a complementary interactive service offered by networks that allows you to participate in polls, games, etc. for certain shows. You'll know that a program has TV Enhancements when an icon appears on your screen.
- 129° support, 50 switch checks
- New audio selection is heard exiting from the Alternate audio menu.
- Per Dish sources
- User observations
- New to this version
- May have been present in earlier versions
Do you know what's new or different? Tell the EKB