4000 Software History
The Dish Network User's Resource
- Corner-case where sometimes after a reset the receiver would display the 019 smartcard error pop-up erroneously¹
- Allow all 61.5 transponders to be input in the point dish / signal screen¹
- Rewording for the blacked out event pop-ups¹
- Filter out duplicate channels when 148 and 61.5 satellite locations are in the same installation¹
- 34 check switch instead of 26²
- Support for cascaded switches²
- All locals appear in EPG even without additional dish²
- Source (DBSTalk)
- More blackouts²
Workaround: power cord reset
- Occasional “flashes to black” that last less than a second. the audio never stops though. These are random and happen on all three birds, varying from none to every half hour.
- occasionally when you change the channel, the picture and sound black out for a second the way they're supposed to, then the same channel reappears for 3 to 20 seconds. During this time the receiver will not accept any other commands (not even from the front panel). Then the picture and sound black out again then I get a “Cannot find channel xyz on transp xx on xxx satellite” message for several seconds and THEN it changes channels normally.
- occasionally when changing channels, the picture and sound go out normally then it returns to the same channel for just a flash. Then the new channel appears with the audio WAY out of sync. (about 10 seconds video to audio delay). If you let it go, it will correct itself over about a 5 minute span. If you change the channel up and back down it will be okay.
- occasionally when changing channels, the receiver tells me it cannot see the satellite and it's “acquiring signal”.
- occasionally when tuning to a channel it will remain with a black screen and no sound for up to 20 seconds before a picture will come up. During this time it is possible to change the channel up to another channel aquire that picture and sound and change channels back to the one that was staying black and it would pop up normally
- occasionally when tuning to an audio channel, audio channels sound as if being played off of a vinyl album on a McDonald/BSR turntable with a worn out “blue” Sure stylus and worn out cartridge. Changing the channel up and back down will clear it up.
- occasionally when turning off the receiver, it does not want to turn off. It will turn itself back on instantly. It's like a stuck key on the remote. But it happens on the front panel. After a few minutes, it will turn off normally.
- The TV/Video toggle no longer works. You cannot get the receiver to allow any pass though RF signal. Luckily for me, I don't use this feature. I discovered this when I couldn't figure out why there was so much RF interference on the feed from the receiver in the family room to my bedroom. I pressed the TV/Video button quite by accident and SHAZAM! perfect picture. Pressed it again and a slightly fuzzier picture, but quite watchable.
- Loss of signal when getting program info; can't show info screen²
- Per Dish sources
- User observations
- New to this version
- May have been present in earlier versions
Do you know what's new or different? Tell the EKB