Changes to the Dish Channel Chart Aug 1, 2000 - Dec 31, 2001
The Dish Network User's Resource
Archive of changes to the Dish Channel Chart:
New Year's Eve
- Added footnote 3 again for Grand Rapids locals.
- Many channels added to LIL packages. Changed background color and package info. One surprise is Minneapolis' UPN. (Nevermind..Dish updated their web site--it's on 110) According to Dish Network's locals page, it requires a special Dish and Receiver. Presumably coming from 129° but not sure. Orlando and LA show no changes so far. More to come, but I've got a party to go to...Will update more tomorrow!
- No substantive changes...Looks like all 110 and 119 must carry channels are up on the satellite. I removed the green backrounds from the channels “known” to be uplinked.
- Take that back...Seems like WNPB PBS Morgantown (Pittsburgh), and WPTO PBS Oxford (Cincinnati)have been confirmed sighed at 61.5° The channel numbers are still in question.
- According to a Tennessee News article, Dish and Younf Broadcasting have kissed and made up. KRON, WKRN and KCLA should be coming on Dish by 1/1/02. Amazing what losing a network affiliation will do for a company.
- Charlotte PBS channels in right place, but satellite locations were reversed according to Dish's web page. WVTI is listed at 61.5 and WUNC at 119. Makes sence since Dish will be using WUNC instead of local repeaters in Charlotte and Asheville and it will be on 119 in Raleigh (Home DMA for WUNC). Still not sure about Transponder number on WUNC in all three cities. Guessing it will boil down to one location for all three cities.
- Added “mustery stations” in nearly every market including Philadelphia
- Updated Dallas locals to include switching around the Telemundo and independent stations. I guess the Techs at Dish didn't realize that Telemundo is switching stations in Dallas the first of the year! :-) Also, KERA (which is the primary PBS affiliate) appears to be going in the wrong spot. KDTN Denton affiliate (run by KERA) appears to be going in the primary PBS slot. (Larry R.)
- Philadelphia independents have been confirmed uplinked to Telstar 7 (TS7) (JH)
- 148° lit up like a Christmas Tree early morning. Locals for Salt Lake City, Seattle, Houston, San Antonio, Phoenix, Sacramento, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Kansas City, lots and lots of L.A., Albuquerque, lots of San Francisco and Denver. (JH)
- WPBA Atlanta and KRON are listed now in Dish's web site.
- Many 8000 block channels are now available to view. Removed the 8000 block advisory
- No substantive changes...Changed back ground colors of uplinked channels in the 8000 block and added them to the “local” package in their respective cities. Some channels that were listed as uplinked are not though place holders for them do exist. (Sean F.)
- Removed “Hometeam” from channels 19 and 43 in Cleveland and changed their web page link.
- Received an e-mail from KDOC LA that they will be on channel 8018 starting Jan. 1.
- Detroit mystery station at 8037 changed to WADL as the most probable candidate (Mike B.)
- Tampa Mystery station was in a Univision slot so Univision affiliate added. Thanks to some help from the contributor, also added several probable 8xx7 independents in Boston, Raleigh, Charlotte and a few others.(Katies4Evr)
- Bad news for those waiting for Grand Rapids DMA locals. I've received an e-mail from one of the local channels. In part it says “The expected Dec. 21, 2001 launch date delayed until at least late January 2002.” Changed listing accordingly. The good news is some must carry channels popped up today.
- Channel 100 Disappeared off the grid today. It actually moved to channel 101 and channel 101 (FYI) as it was is no more.
- Lots of locals added to 61.5. Will try to figure out actual stations as info becomes available. The channel numbers are correct (JH)
- Charlotte and Asheville UNC TV uplinks were dropped today. (JH) No surprise. UNC said they were having trouble getting signal to Dish.
- Fixed EPG on KTWB (Jeff F.)
- No changes or additions today except I had to “break off” the 8000 block channels bracketed by the statement “The 8000 block channels are not yet “visible” on Dish Network receivers. Subscribers who get local channels will be able to see their “block” on or before 1/1/02.” I really didn't want to break the grid, but the number of e-mails I've received asking me why they couldn't see these channels was getting out of control. I ALWAYS appreciate e-mails, but
it was obvious that the grid was misleading people. I apologize for providing incomplete info.
- Changed Seattle “Mystery Channel” 8617 to KONG-TV. Unconfirmed, but follows the pattern. (Jeff F.)
- UPDATE 12/21/01KONG confirmed on channel 8617 (Sean F)
- Added WLTV (8838) and WCVI (8839) to the Miami listings (Sean F)
- Lots of transponer changes at 61.5. (JH)
- From transponder 7 to Transponder 4: channels 9945-9956
- From transponder 4 to Transponder 7: channel 9443 (HDTV)
- From Transponder 27 to Transponder 13: channels 960, 961, 998 and HDTV channel 9428
- From Transponder 12 to Transponder 15: channels 207, 565, 9502-9507, 9581, 9590, 9599, 9660, 9680 and 9692.
- From Transponder 8 to Transponder 23: channels 533-538 and 9416-9418
- From Transponder 13 to Transponder 27: channel 9442 (HDTV)
- One transponder change at 148°. HDTV channel 9440 moved from tp 10 to TP 3.
- The following “mystery channels” added (most seem to be narrow-band Data channels) 567, 581, 582, 9501, 9595 and 9587. All originate from either 61.5° or 148°. (JH)
- Channel 594 (ORT Russian channel) removed. It's no longer listed on uplinks or program guides. (JH)
- ABC and NBC 8000 block channels channel numbers in NYC and LA corrected.
- WPVI Phiil incorrectly labeled as KPVI (John S)
- Channel 502 Last chance PPV has moved to channel 525. (Larry)
- Many of the PPV channels have moved around. All the PPV channels have been shuffled around except 516, 519, 521, 523, 533-535.
- More 8000 block info: KMEX, KXTV added to the grid in “mystery channel” slots. WUNG Charlotte was placed incorrectly at channel 8656 when it should have been at 8662 and WTVI place at 8656. KCAL moved from a “Mystery Number” to channel 8007. (Billy)
- PBS has been removed from channel 850. It is still at 249 (119) and 825 (61.5).
- Made several corrections to the grid in the 8000 block. Mostly obvious channel misnumberings and uncorrected cut & paste editing errors. This is what happens without a WYSIWYG editor to me. Thanks to John and Steve for sending me most of the corrections.
- Added web link for Colours TV channel 9407 (Michael)
- Channel 449 (Sports Alternate 4) removed from grid (Steve)
- Added channels known to be coming in the 8000 block. Green backrounds should come on or before 1/1/02. Yellow backrounds= channel's lauch may be delayed due to technical reasons. Reb backround=announced dispute and channel will not be carried at this time. Possible negociations ongoing.
- Kansas City, Minneapolis, Dallas, San Diego, Orlando, Tampa, Portland, Seattle, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Boston, Sacramento, San Antonio and Salt Lake City added to 8000 block. All at 110° (JH)
- New York and LA Locals added to the 8000 block at 119° (JH)
- Channels 9406, 9407 and 9417 (StarNet, Colours and SafetyNet) became active today two days before the announced date.
- Changed Footnote 12 to be more general.
- The following channels were marked “orange” and footnote 12 added since they may be discontinued as of 1/1/02. Fox Sports Arizona, Detroit, Midwest, North, Northwest, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, South, Southwest and West.
- “Coming 12/15/01” added to channels 9406 and 9407
- “Safty Net comming 12/15/01” added to channel 9417
- The following channels changed transponders: 259, 632, 9983, 719, 744, 769, 794 and 815
- Channels 9406 and 9407 added to grid. (Billy)
- The following channels changed transponders on 119: 181, 270, 234, 238, 118, 200, 303 and 519 (JH)
Pearl Harbor Day + 60 Years
- Miami, San Fransisco, Philly, Cleveland and Atlanta added to 8000 block (Atlanta is speculative except WATL) (JH)
- The following channels changed transponders on 110°: 828/8494, 819/8495, 707/8830, 732/8831, 757/8832, 782/8833, 716/8220, 741/8221, 766/8222, 791/8223, 832/8227, 149, 179, 192, 193, 870/8150, 887/8151, 884/8152, 891/8153, 701/8810, 726/8811, 751/8812, 776/8813, 459, 816/8205, 876/8510, 883/8511, 890/8512, 897/8513, 820/8515, 830/8304, 711, 736, 761, 786 (speculation on the last four--8300-8303) (JH)
- A little ironic here...TV Japan removed from 119° on channel 639. The channel was scheduled to be removed from 119 on 12/4
- Footnote 2³ removed since it dealt specifically with TV Japan at 119°
- Channels 4000-4005 removed from grid since they no longer show up on an scan.
- Another shoe dropped today. According to this page on Dish Network web site, Antenna (Channel 604) will be dropped from 119° as of 2/15/02. (Steve)
- Footnote 2¹ added again.
- The RAI web page on Dish no longer shows channel 600 or the availability of the channel at 119°. Footnote 2² changed.
- Austin, Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Nashville, Birmingham, Denver and Pittsburgh locals are now mirrored on the 8000 channel block. (JH)
- This will teach me to go on vacation just before SHVIA rules hit!
- Phoenix, Charlotte, St. Louis, Greenville/Spartanburg and Raleigh locals added to 8000 block (J.T.L., JH)
- The following channels have moved from 110° to 119°: 717/8320, 742/8321, 767/8322, 792/8323, 833/8327, 840/8750, 843/8751, 846/8752, 849/8753, 724/8450, 749/8451, 774/8452, 799/8452, 826/8594, 722/8590, 747/8591, 772/8592, 797/8593, 839/8180, 842/8181, 845/8182, 848/8183 (JH)
- The following channels changed transponders at 119°: 448, 100, 253, 490, 222, 224, 225, 227, 228, 240, 262, 306, 449, 9499, 9601, 9602, 497, 213, 261, 310, 332, 414, 428, 493, 620, 633, 634, 937, 940, 941, 947, 948, 949, 405, 421, 510, 139, 170, 450, 501, 417, 446, 432 (JH)
- The following channels changed transponders at 110°: 175, 999 (JH)
- The following channels moved from 119° to 110°: 514, 515, 516, 517, 521, 522, 523, 524. (JH)
- Finally able to add some changes. Unfortunately the first change was to add footnote 12 and adding the note to ABC Family (formerly Fox Family) and ESPN Classic. It appears they will DISappear come the new year.
- Transponder changes to the following channels happened over the last couple of weeks: 447, 497 and 9411 (JH)
- Made a correction to a “change note” on 11/10. I had listed that footnote 2² was removed. In reality it was footnote 2¹. (Olga)
- As promised Holiday Music has made it to Dish on channel 982. First song I heard was NOT secular. There may be some hope this year.
- Removed BBC World Service radio from channel 982 since it is being used for Christmas Music.
- Added channel 982, Holiday Music announced on Charlie Chat as coming 11/14
- Fox Family officially became ABC Family today. Also changed the web link.
- Zee TV and TV Asia 119° listings (610 and 612) removed. They were scheduled to be removed from 119° on October 30th. They are still available at 148° and 61.5°
- Removed Footnote 2¹ since it deals specifically with Zee TV and TV Asia's most recent change listed directly above.
- Benny Hinn's Health and Healing Network was added to channel 9708 today. Daystar is still on as well (9713)!
- Removed La Familia from grid.
- Removed “Comming 11/1/01” from Enlace TBN. As announced, Enlace has replaced La Familia. (Just a week late)
- Changed Transponder info on Channels 9991 and 9992. (JH)
- Looks like Grand Rapids locals are as sure a thing as any unofficial channel addition information gets. Dropped the (9) footnote and added “Coming 12/21/01”. The information comes from highly placed sources at both Dish and one of the Grand Rapids stations. It also holds with the rumor that at least one more local market would be added before the end of the year. As always, things can change between now and 12/21.
- Removed the channel numbers from Grand Rapids channels since there is no real leak on this info.
Lots of changes today. None of real concequece to programming. Thanks to Peter Smith and John Hotsenpiller for the information.
- Changed transponder info on: Bloomberg @61.5°, KTLA, WPIX, All 61.5° PPVs (533-538), Data5 (565), MegaCosmos and ERT @ 61.5, TV Japan @ 61.5°, iSHOP and SAH @ 61.5°, Both BSN's (917), Both DISH4's (998), PBS You, Maharishi (9645) @ 61.5° and R-300
- Removed the following channels from the grid since they no longer appear to be uplinked or listed on any guides: PPV Sports 470-475, Data “Channels” 560-563 and 566, and BTV channel 9623 and 9624.
- Added the following channels to the grid: DATA5 @ 61.5 (565), Open TV CSA, LUDI and DHOME at 110° (9510-9512), WINK1, OTEST & OTST2 at 61.5° (9581, 9590 & 9599), DATST, DATA2 & DROP at 61.5 and 148 (9660, 9662 & 9680), TST01-TST29 (9945-9959 & 9961-9971), and finally, LSTST (9987)
- Added Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Michigan locals to grid. According to THIS page on WZZM's web site, these locals will be up in “November”. Though others have stated December. Channel numbers are not necessarily correct. These channels were added as “rumored” channels (9)
- Changed GEMS epg name to MUN2.
- Added “Record International” to grid (Portuguese) to channel 597 (JH)
- PPV channels 526-529 have gone AWOL! Removed from guide. (JH)
- Sky Angel officially announced via the news letter that Enlace from Costa Rica will be replacing La Familia as of November 1st.
- According to the Sky Angel Newsletter I just received in the mail today, Benny Hinn's “Health and Healing Netork” will be coming in November. There was no channel number or web site given. My guess is this channel will replace Daystar.
- KPLR (WB) St. Louis now available to St. Louis LOCAL DMA Subscribers.
- Added “soon to be ABC Family” to Fox Family's name. The sale of this channel from Fox to ABC/Disney was made final today.
- Removed The Early Childhood Network (TECN) from channel 9417. This channel has been replaced with a P.I. channel test card and elevator music.
- Added UWTV (University of Washington TV) to channel 9404. This P.I. channel was left vacant when FamilyStar was pulled a few months back. (Steve/JH)
- Changed web link on Grand Canal Latino (Gregory)
- Apparantly GEMS TV (622) has changed their target audience from Hispanic Women to Hispanics 18-34. Their name changed in the Process. Changed the name GEMS TV to “Mun2” (Play on words--Mundos or Worlds). Also changed the web link.
- Lots of transponder changes. Some of these may not be “New”, but they are new to this list. Special thanks to Peter for sending me a comprehensive list of 110, 119 and 148 channels, transponders and sat locations:
- At 110°
|From TP||To Transponder||Channel #|
|21||15||708, 733, 758, 783, 840, 843, 846, 849|
|22||31||700, 725, 750, 775, 870, 877, 884, 891|
|31||22||494, 9400-9405, 9413|
|3||9||414, 937, 940, 941|
|8||10||322, 327, 420|
|14||3||100, 490 (Mirrors)|
- Added Transponder info to channels 476, 477, 589 (at 148°) 947, 9001 and 9611.
- Removed Lucent Vision from grid since it no longer appears on Lyngat or other on line guides
- Removed Transponder information from the following channels listed in hidden guide but no longer uplinked: 127, 136, 158, 197, 211, 253, 818, 831, 982 and 825 (At 148°) (Peter)
- For some reason Swiki has not been letting me update the Excel spreadsheet companion to this page. I've decided to move that to a more reliable area. The link at the top of the page was updated and the spreadsheet is “new” as of today.
- Changed EPG ID on Channel 225 from B&F to TBFC. (Steve)
- Somehow the 61.5° listing for BVN (678) was erased. Restored listing.
- Added (9) footnote to the 148° listing of BVN (678). This channel has been reported as uplinked, but it is not on Lyngsat and I have been informed it does not show up on a subscribed receiver at 148° (Don B)
- Added Arirang Korean TV to channel 653 on grid at 148°. (Peter)
- Added Arirang Korean TV to channel 653 on grid at 61.5° (JH)
- Changed web ling on Liberty (9716)
- A massive transponder swap at 61.5° (JH):
- Moved from Transponder 2 to 29
- 608 TV Polonia, 615 RTPI, 645 Al Jazeera, 662 Polskie 1, 663 Polskie 3, 665 Al Zikr, 690 iShop and 998 Showroom Promotions.
- Moved from Transponder 3 to 2
- 9621, 9622, 9623, 9624, 9650, 9651 Business TV, 9641 BTV/Educational, 9981 ETC, 9982 ETC2 and 9993 Special 3.
- Added transponder info to HDTV2 (9442) (JH)
- Added RSSM, SB110 and SB119 at 61.5° (JH)
- Added the following channels as “Rumored” for the lack of a better catagory: 154, 298, 306, 560-566, 4000-4005, 9499-9504, 9680, 9983, 9988-9990. None of these are “real” channels. They seem to be uplinked, but cannot be received by customers. (Peter)
- Changed/added satellite info on channels 251, 259, 999 and 9499-9504. (Peter)
- Added EPG listing of “LBN” on channel 9717 (finally)
- Channel 630 MTV-S (MTV Spanish) had a name change to MTVES (MTV Español) (Steve)
- By request, city's name added to “local” package info. It only took 6 months and the WNET (237) confusion to get to it, but it got done! :)
- Added WNET PBS New York. Available only to NYC Locals subs (Not Dishnets distant locals) as of afternoon 10/5/01
- Updated Enlace TBN listing. See 10/2 changes.
- Added “Enlace” (Spanish) to grid just below La Familia (9720). Very little official info is currently available other than this channel will be coming to Sky Angel 11/1/01. This is according to the Enlace home page. Possibly Enlace will replace La Familia TV Network.
- UPDATE 10/6: Enlace TBN Will be replacing La Familia Network on Nov 1.
- Added Open TV channels (9502-9508) reported on Lyngsat. These “channels” have not been reported as available to the public by anyone as of yet.
- Added Open TV link to the grid.
- HRT 1 removed from grid since it no longer appears in Lyngsat
- Removed “mirror” barker channels from channel number 134, 299 and 401. (Steve)
- Added “(DD)” to Starz West (351).
- Removed “in the Clear” note from Fox News and CNN HN. As of Today thay are no longer FTA. (Tom)
- Added “cut-off” date for TV Japan at 119°. Reportedly TV Japan will be leaving 119° on 12/4/01. (Roy)
- Added “In the Clear (Temp)” to program info on Headline News (202) and Fox News (205). These channels were placed in the clear on 9/11 temporarily.
- Added transponder information to channel 616. Transponder information at 148° is an educated guess. (Hans)
- Added web link to The Israeli Network (Ogre)
- Free Preview of Pak TV (Prime TV) was over on 9/11--rather ironic--removed preview info (Ogre)
- Added update to footnote 2²
- Added The Israeli Network to channel 656
- Changed footnote 2² to show that Dish will be removing these channels on Sept 27th.
- Returned grid to normal color scheme
- Liberty Network replaced FamilyNet on Sky Angel Service (9716)
- Temporatily changed grid colors and added programming changes
- Added listing for Liberty Broadcasting. This channel will be replacing FamilyNet (9716) beginning 9/12.
- Hot Zone is now available on channel 493. Channel 499 is listed as “Hot Zone (493) has replaced Pleasure”. Added Transponder info to Hot Zone.
- The nasty rumor has come to pass. Both Beauty and Fashion (225) and The Men's Channel (223) have been added to Dish. The next step is to start an 'America's Top Shopping Channels' package where Dish pays you to take the package, but you are forced to watch the shopping channels!
- Removed GRTV from grid. Channel 217's paid programming is just that. It's not a particular network.
- Removed The Health Network from grid (254). Looks like Discovery Networks bought the channel and will fold it into Discovery Health.
- Added Hot Zone (493) to grid. Rumor on both DBSForums and DBSTalk has Hot Zone replacing Pleasure (499) tomorrow some time.
- Removed the “Free One-Fifty” channels from the grid (279-290). The Freeview is over.
- Added a nasty rumor to the grid. Reportedly there will be two new part-time shopping channels added to all subscribers Sept 5. Channels 223 and 225. The Cattle auctions are over so the “Men's shopping Channel” will replace that on channel 223 from 110°. And on channel 225 “Fashion and Beauty” will be selling us all sorts of beuty aides. I must note that even though I dislike shopping channels, these are “mirrors” of BTV channels (9600 range) that already exist.
- Added “new” preview channels to grid. This week we have Bloomberg, Discovery Civilization, Outdoor Life Network, Discovery Home, Biography Channel, Style, Encore True Stories, Fox Movie Channel, WAM and Boomerang.
- Added GRTV back to grid. This infomercial channel is now sharing channel 217 with Gem Shopping. GRTV seems to be on 10am-8pm weekdays.
- Changed running time on Gem Shopping from 8pm-6am M-F and Sat & Sun to 8pm to 10am M-F and Sat & Sun.
- Removed the “(DD)” from Starz West. According to this story Starz west was to be DD yesterday. According to reports, it is not as of yet.
- Removed channel IDs from free preview channels 280-289. “New” free preview channels should be added Thursday.
- Added channel 999 to grid listed as RTLR in the hidden guide. Educated guess...“Retailer channel”
- Added DD to Starz West. According to Sky Report it will be going DD on 8/27 and Dish was specifically mentioned as a carrier of the DD signal. See the article here
- Grouped the progam packages in what I hope is easier to find columns. I know packages will be much easier to group now in excel. Feedback is as always appreciated and welcome!
- Added “new” free preview channels. This weekend we have Fox Sports World, Discovery Wings, The Outdoor Channel (Not OLN), Soap Net, Do It Yourself, Great American Country, The Movie Channel (west), Encore (west), Hallmark Channel (formerly Odyssey) and Nick Games and Sports.
- Looks like DD has arrived on HBO east and west. I have received numerous E-mails that DD programming has begun tonight. (Unconfirmed)
- Update...Looking at the number of posts on A.D.E., DBS Talk and DBSForums it's a safe bet that HBO is indeed in Dolby Digital as of this evening.
- Corrected satelite info on channel 9413. (Dennis)
- Removed channel IDs from channels 280-289. “new” preview channels will appear Thursday.
- Removed “The Racing Network” channels from grid. These channels went dark at the source on 7/30/01
- Added “new” free preview channels. We're into reruns...Golf Channel, Speedvision, CNN-SI, History International, Discovery Science, VH1 Classic, Encore (West), Love Stories, Boomerang and Discovery Kids.
- Prime TV (Pakistan) is now available on Dish as of 11:20 AM EDT. It is indeed the British channel. Removed Pakistan TV and link from the listing and changed the programming information to “Free Preview thru 9/11/01”
- Changed transponder info for Prime TV on both 148 and 61.5 (JH)
- Changed Channel number on CBS-HD channels from 9426 to 9453 for the east and 9454 for the west.(Varios contributors)
- Added BTV channel 9621 from 148. (JH)
- Changed transponder info on iShop at 148° (690) (JH)
- Removed channel IDs from channels 280-289. “new” preview channels will appear Thursday.
- Added “Free Preview thru 9/11/01” and “A la Carte” to programming notes on channel 616. The press release calls it Pakistan Television, but refers to it as PTV. Tomorrow we shall see if it's the feed directly from Pakistan or if it's a British feed called Prime TV. BTW Happy Independence Day to all Pakistanis out there! I believe it's 3:10AM the 14th there now!
- Changed “3/29/01 Launch Delayed Indefinately” to “Coming 8/14/01” on channel 616 “Prime TV”. This channel was originally listed as Pakistan TV and later changed to Prime TV. However the channel name may not be correct. The only thing that is sure is that a Pakistani channel is being added to channel 616 on the 14th.
- Removed Channel 221 Product Information Network (PIN) from grid. Channel was removed from EPG at about 5PM EDT today.
- Temporary channel assignments of the Arabic channels at 119° (650-653 and 668) removed from grid.
- Added list of this weekends previews (280-289) to the grid: Bloomberg, Discovery Civilization, Outdoor Life Network, Discovery Home, Biography Channel, Style, Encore True Stories, Fox Movie Channel, WAM and Boomerang.
- Changed web link on MTV2 (161) from M2Europe.com to MTV2.com (Keith)
- Added update to footnote 2*. Channels 650-653 and 668 have been reported turned off at 119°. They are mirrored and still active at 148 and 61.5 on different channel numbers.
- Changed channel 9772 from Voice From Jerusalem listed in the EPG to the actual channel name “Voice of Hope” which originales from Jerusalem. (JH)
- Added web link to channel 9772 (JH)
- Changed Fox Movies (133) web link from the old FxM site to the correct Fox Movie Channel site. (Keith)
- Added channel 9300 D500 to grid listed in the “hidden guide”. My guess is Dish originally wanted to put the channel at 9300 then changed their mind and put it on 9900 instead. like what happened to Wisdom (199 originally planned now on 264). But since I'm not certain, in the interest of completeness...
- Added AUD20 to list. It has been listed in the Dishplayer hidden guide since I've owned it. This channel once housed holiday music. It may again.
- Changed EPG name of Hallmark Network (185) from old Odyssey listing ODYSY to new HLMRK
- Removed channel IDs from channels 280-289. “new” preview channels will appear Thursday.
- Changed CBS High definition channels to KCBS and WCBS since it was mentioned on the Tech chat that the CBS HD channels would be coming from NYC and LA.
- Changed the names and web link on channel 185. Odyssey officially changed its name to Hallmark Channel today. The Faith and Values Network (which chaned its name to Odyssey several years ago) is still part of the line up.
- Added “All Day” to the 4 new PPV channels
- Changed WRAL-DT to CBSHD (JH)
- Added channels 526-529. Starting Tomorrow morning they will be additional PPV movie channels from 110°.
- Added this weekend's free preview channels (280-289) to the grid. They include: Fox Sports World, Discovery Wings, Ourdoor Channel, Soap Net, DIY, GAC, TMC West, Encore West, Odyssey (Hallmark), and Nick GAS.
- Moved Exstacy (496) from TP13 @ 110° to TP5 @ 119
- WMMU channel 9772 on Sky Angel was replaced by The Voice from Jerusalem
- Channel 9900 added replacing channel 253 that is no longer on the EPG
- Added note to “The Racing Network”. It ceased operatons on 7/30/01.
- Removed channel IDs from channels 280-289. “new” preview channels will appear Thursday.
- Removed the 148° listings of RFI, RTPI, TV Polonia, Radio Polskie 1 and 3, BVN, TV5 and Radio Maria Spanish, Italian and Polish since they do not appear in Lyngsat or Dishnetwork.com (Steve)
- Changed the EPG name on Fox Sports North from the old MSN to FOXN (Steve)
- Changed the package availability of the Seattle nets from “local” to “Dish Nets”
- Changed the Dish Nets footnote to reflect the fact that Seattle channels, though available nation wide, cannot be purchased a la carte like the other Dish Nets cities'.
- Added Free Preview channels 279-290. These channels will be changing every week for the next several weeks. Currently in preview mode: Golf channel, Speedvision, CNN-SI, History International, Discovery Science, VH1 Classic, Encore (West), Encore Love Stories, Boomerang and Discovery Kids.
- Added an update to footnote 3 (Ogre)
- Added “Hallmark Channel” to Odyssey channel. this channel will be changing names next week.
- Changed channel 981's EPG name from CD 31 to CD 32. (Mazur)
- Added sub-note 4* since I have received numerous e-mails from people caliming to receive “Destinations” only to find that when the channel is selected they are actually listening to New Country and the listing is just there, the programming is not available.
- Changed footnote ***. Sky Angel will not block out Familyland (or any other channel) at the customer's request. Most receivers now have the capability to block out 4 digit channel numbers so it is not necessary.
- Changed channel 9404 from Family Star Learning Network to Public Interest Channel test card. Sometime between 6pm and 8:23pm EDT this channel switched over confirming yet another rumor begun by BH. (7 for 7!)
- Added Open TV channel 9499 to grid
- Added note to FSLN (9404). The network is rumored to be going off the air or at least off the Dish system 7/19 (Ogre, BH and other sources from the net)
- Added channel 589 to grid. Soccer and Cricket. My guess is that Dish moved channel 546 shown in the hidden guide and listed in Lyngsat to 589.
- Removed “Coming to AT50 7/18” on 161 (MTV2) This channel is reported to be now available to all AT50 and higher subscribers.
- Added footnote info about international channels at 119° (2)
- Added Web Link to VH1 Classic (Steve)
- Removed *Rumor* from the “coming 7/18” statement. Though there is no official statement from E, there are enough independent reports of many, many CSRs and reps from E saying the same thing. IT STILL MAY NOT HAPPEN, but it looks like it's for real. (Ogre and many other e-mail contributors)
- update...An official press release posted on Dish's web site this morning.
- update...Sometime between 5:12pm and 11:48pm EDT today while I was at the remaining ¾ of Riverfront Stadium watching yet another losing effort by my beloved Reds, this channel appeared on the guide.
- Changed transponder info from TP13 to TP 9 at 110°
- Changed ID from the Dishplayer's VH1CR to VH1CL used on all other receivers.
- Added HD channel on 9426. Chances are it is WRAL-DT, but this is uncertain at this time.(JH)
- Changed web link on BVN-TV (678) at 148°. I changed the link on the 61.5° listng as listed on the 7/10 note but missed the 148 link. As Homer Simpson might say: “DOH!” (Hans)
- DL2 removed from packages in which VH1 is available. VH1 was never available in Dish Latino Dos package. (Hans)
- Unfortunately I was forced to add a Copyright statement and have begun the process for legal and enforceable copyright status to the list. I've never minded having people copy the list as long as credit was given to the EKB in the form of an acknowlegement or a link back to the parent site. Unfortunately some like to plagiarize. (That means taking credit for other's work) The information contained in this page is widely available and in the public domain. My words and work are not. Again, if anyone
wishes to republish this list I have no problems whatsoever as long as credit is given where credit is due by providing a link back to the source, the Echostar Knowledge Base as I credit other's work whenever I use it as a foundation for my own. (TNGTony)
- Web link updated on channel 678 (BVN-TV)(Hans)
- Channel 223 started broadcasting today. Added web link. Looking at the web site this looks temporary. It also is a “mirror” of BTV channel 9612 so no additional bandwith has been taken by this channel.
- Added some rumor information. MTV2 will be added to AT50 and VH1 Classic will be added to AT150 on 7/18. The voice of the rumor is Bob Haller. It has been independently reported by others. Take it for what you will. Bob is 5 for 5 since March.
- Added channel 223 “SALE” to grid. Another part-time Shopping channel!
- Added “grid” name to WRAL-DT on channel 9426 (JH)
- Changed Transponder info on HBO HD (9440)(JH)
- Changed Value Vision name to new name Shop NBC (228) and changed web link to new url (www.shopnbc.com from www.vvtv.com)
- Added WRAL-DT listing to channel 9426 reportedly in testing
- Changed Showtime 3 name from SHO3E to SHOCS
- Added transponder info to channel 9709 and removed “Coming 6/13”. Channel is now available to Sky Angel Subscribers.
- Changed web link on TNN and CMT (166 and 168) to correct web sites.
- Finally got around to making the satellite info changes that happened last Wednesday 6/6/00 in the evening.
- PPV Channels channels 514-517 and 521-524 moved from Echostar 5 transponder 15 at 110° to Echostar 4 Transponder 5 at 119°
- The following are all at 119° on Echostar 4:
|Channel Names||Was on Transponder||Is now on transponder|
|CNBC, WGN Superstation (239)||4||19|
|FX, History Channel, ESPN2||5|
|Game Show Network, CSPAN, CSPAN 2, QVC, PPV channels 502 and 512||5||4|
- “Ala Catre” removed from programming package info on channel 9717 Catholic Familyland. Currently this channel is only available with the Dominion Sky Angel package. (Buddy)
- Additional info added to Superchannel/TBN listing. It will be on channel 9709 and will be available on Sky Angel starting June 13 according to Sky Angel Update 6/11/01.
- Added some sat info to channel 9001 “BYSHO” to grid. (JH)
- Fox Sports North note changed. Channel 436 is FSNorth Minnesota. FSNorth Wisconsin seems to be on channel 447 when the programming differs from the Minnesota feed. (JH)
- Bob Jones University channels (9741 and 9742) removed frm grid. Dominion had previously announced that this service was being dropped 5/31/01. They came off the grid today.
- (12) footnote removed since it delt with the BJU channels.
- Added channel 9001 “BYSHO” to grid. This channels showed up on a “hidden guide” scan 6/2/01.
- Added channel 9441 HBO HD West(8) again. Several on line guides have this channel again
- Added complete name to channel 603 ERT (Ellinki Radiophonia Tileorassi)
- Changed name of Fox Sports Minisota (fromerly MSN) to the latest and greatest name Fox Sports North.
- Changed GAC to black lettering. “Coming 5/31/01” changed to “Available as of 4pm edt 5/30”
- Showtime 2 has been renamed Showtime Too. The guide info changed to “SHOTO”
- Updated Web links on OLN (151) and TV Asia (612 & 613) (Email Contribution-NG)
- Added Channel's EPG names and moved footnote markers to “programming packages” Column
- Removed WTBS from channel 230 because it no longer shows “local” WTBS programs.(Ed)
- Note added to WJSU. WBMA-LP is the ABC affiliate in Birmingham however Dish is using the full power repeater in Anniston. (Ed)
- Excel file link added to the top of the list. Also Excel viewer link added.
- Removed “Coming 5/18/01” from Birmingham locals
- Changes made to the “locals” footnote. It appears that only the Dish Net cities can now be purchased from outside their rispective DMAs.
- Changed name of WGN Entertaining America to current name of cable channel WGN Superstation. (Ed)
- GAC (168) footnote changed from (8) to (Coming 5/30/01) Announced on Charlie Chat May 14th.
- Name “Rural Free Delivery” TV disputed by several sources. Removed from listing until I hear it from God himself! :-)
- Added name of RFD TV to list (9409) “Rural Free Delivery TV” (Involuntary)
- Removed (1) footnote from channel 227. Popped up on EPG (“off air”) Last night. (5/2/01)
- Changed (1) footnote on Birmingham Locals to (Coming 5/18/01) Charlie Ergen said “We are launching our 36th LIL market, Birmingham, 5/18” during the Q1 Conference call at 1:10pm 5/3/01).
- Added America's Collectibles Network to grid (227) Will be sharing bandwidth with BTV. (JH, BH)
- Angel One (262) “moved” to transponder 3 (JH)
- TV Globo (596 Moved to transponder 18 (JH)
- Added 690 and 691 to grid at 148 and 61.5 (Ogre)
- Pakistan TV name changed to proper name of channel Prime TV. Link corrected (JH, Ogre)
- Added Birmingham locals (715, 740, 765, 790) (Numerous e-mail contributions, thank you)
- “Special” channels added (9991-9993) to grid. (Ogre)
- Several additions/corrections to grid following a scan of the “hidden” DishPlayer channel list No substantive changes. HBO HDTV shows on channel 9441 on guide as “HBOHD” as well as the correct channel 9440.
- “(9)” added to TV Polonia and Polskie Radio channels and PBS (825). Channels not listed on DN web site nor Lyngsat and unavailable to subscribers. (E-mail Contribution) However on a scan of 148° channel numbers reserved for these channels do appear.
- Fox Sports Mid Atlantic (HTS) renamed to its latest name Comcast Sports Mid Atlantic and hyperlink updated (E-Mail contribution)
- Added HBO, Show & PPV HDTV Added to 148° (JH)
- Changed tp info on Fox Family (JH)
- Shop At Home mislabled as the new ShopNBC...ShopNBC will be the new name of Value Vision.(Ogre)
- NYC Locals removed from 61.5°. Reportedly no longer there. (E-Mail Contribution)
- Changed transponder info on Style, Fox Movies, PIN, CCN, FamilyStar (JH)
- Changed satellite names from Echostar to E to save a little room in the grid.
- Changed Transponder info on HDTV demo channel (9443)(JH)
- PPV Sports channels 459-464 returned to grid. They are now coming from 110°
- PPV Event channel added to 61.5° on channel 538
- TBN affiliate to be added to Sky Angel Placed on channel 9709 but this may not be correct. See the Sky Angel Programming Page
- Added several 61.5° duplicate channels on the 148° satellite and added several transponder info to 148 channels.(JH)
- Removed “Coming 4/4” from WPWR (819) Channel now being offered to Chicago Locals subs (Not Chicago Dish Nets Distant subs)
- WE/IFC split info changed to reflect that they will continue to be a split channel.
- WE name changed back to Romance Classics since Dish will have its own feed of WE labled Romance Classics.
- Footnote (13) changed to provide a more permenant record of what happened these last few weeks. AARRRGH!!!!
- DD Promo channel reinserted into grid (9480). Confirmed still available to dealers only. (Several E-Mail Contributions)
- DD Promo transponder info changed from 11 to 9 (JH)
- Austin Locals Added to channels 706, 731, 756 and 781.
- Removed from channels 221, 601 and 605
- Added (13) footnote concerning IFC/Romance(WE) split to channel 131 and footnote list
- Added transponder info to WPWR (819) (JH)
- Pakistan TV (616) “launch delayed indefinitely”
- Removed DD Promo channel (9480)
- “Starz! BET Movies” name changed to “Black Starz” (355)
- Sports PPV channels 470-477 added again since they still appear on the “Hidden Guide”.(JH)
- AT150 freeview channels removed from grid.
- “Coming 3/29” added Pakistan TV (616)
- Removed “Coming 3/15” from WATL (830)
- Removed from sports and movie guides
- Removed Sports PPV channels 459-464 no longer on EPG
- Removed Sports PPV channels 470-477 (8) No longer listed on on line guides.
- Added WATL (830) to grid. (E-mail Contribution and JH)
- Removed icon from Pakistan TV (616)
- Added “To be discontinued 3/31” on WE (131).
- Added “24-7 4/1/01” on IFC (131)
- Removed rumored IFC 24/7 channel from 126.
- Added AT150 freeview guide here (Added channel and transponder info 3/13) My apologies to Bob Haller for doubting his information
- Added WPWR UPN 50 Chicago (819)
- Changed/Added transponder info to the following channels at 148°: 580, 613, 614, 640, 998. (Dish receivers are likely to misreport transponder information using standard signal test meathod at 148°) (JH)
- Added rumored channel to grid ORT Russian channel (594)(Several E-mail contributions)
- Added another channel to America's Top Shopping Channels package on channel 221
- Changed transponder info on Antenna (605), and TV Asia (613), Al Jazeera (645) and RTP (615) at 61.5°. (JH)
- Added satellite info to Pakistan TV(1) (616)(JH)
- Removed Sun TV from grid. (JH)
- Removed icon from ch 9705 (over 1 month old)
- Changed transponder info on channels 425 & 426 (JH)
- Added footnote “(3)” to WKRN and KRON and added (3) to footnotes (again).
- Added transponder info to TV Japan (640) @ 148° (E-mail contribution)
- Removed icon from some channels.
- Transponder info changed on the following channels:
- From tp 1 to tp 5 channels 112, 137 and 144
- From tp 1 to tp 7 channels 178 and 319
- From tp 1 to tp 19 channel 230
- From tp 4 to tp 5 channel 116
- From tp 5 to tp 1 channels 234 and 238
- From tp 5 to tp 4 channel 118
- From tp 5 to tp 15 channel 235
- From tp 7 to tp 15 channel 232
- From tp 8 to tp 1 channels 241, 243, 245 and 247
- From tp 8 to tp 10 channel 328
- From tp 9 to tp 14 channel 490
- From tp 11 to tp 15 channel 262
- From tp 11 to tp 16 channel 132
- From tp 15 to tp 5 channel 120
- From tp 15 to tp 16 channel 168
- From tp 17 to tp 6 channel 205
- From tp 19 to tp 15 channel 236
- Added Transponder infor to RAI@61.5 (E-mail contribution)
- Added TV Japan to 148 (E-mail contribution and verified on Dish's Web Page)
- Moved GAC back to channel 167 (E-mail Contribution)
- Added iShop to grid on channel 229
- Added channels 601 and 605. Antenna and RAI will be moving off of 119° in the months to come.
- Removed (9) from 148 mirrors of ERT and MEGAcosmos. Confirmed on 148° by Dish Net web page
- Changed channel 139 to the correct channel name (“Sports” not “Movie” guide)
- ON PPV's 3 minute movie giude added to channels 103, 134, 139 and 299. Mirrors of Channel 500.
- On PPV's 3 minute Sports Guide added to channel 411. Mirror of channel 501 & 450
- Sports Alternates channels 1-4 now mirrored on 446, 447, 448 and 449. (Channel 451-454 will be moving to 446-449 Feb.28)
- Added Pakistan TV (616) because it is listed in TV Grid
- Added Dish Netwok's Address Broker shortcut form to grid.
- Several 61.5° channels changed transponders recently. Changing info as it becomes available.
- Added Transponder info to channels 646-649 from 148°
- Added Sports Channels shortcut and Zip Code guide.
- Removed “Coming Feb 7” from channel 9705 and transponder info added.
- Transponder info changed on many BTV channels (9600 range), Future TV, Sony Entertainment TV and BSN
- HDTV2 removed from grid since it will no longer appear on Lyngsat.
- Moved GAC from channel 167 to 165. Reported by several alt.dbs.echostar readers to be listed at 165 on the “hidden” dishplayer guide.
- Changed Arabic Package info and added links.
- Removed (9) from Arabic 148° channels. Dish Website verifies 148° location.
- Added the “new” icon on receintly added channels.
- Added KWGN to grid at 829.
- Removed the “(1)” from KTVD (816). Channel is available to Denver DMA
- Added new channels 646, 647, 648 and 649 to grid.
- Added “3 Minute Sports and Events Guide” to grid (450). Mirror of “ON PPV” Channel 501
- Added “a la carte” to Familyland (9717)
- Added TVU to grid (9705) coming Feb 7
- Added KTVD to grid since it is now listed on lyngsat(816)
- Fixed a few broken links.
- Added channels reported to be broadcasting from 148° (mirror of 61.5°)
- Rumored Milwaukee locals removed since the rumor had them coming late December and there have been no mention of them since.
- Removed channel 990 (LDS Radio) from grid. Moved to channel 980
- “Locals” added to KTLA and KWGN. These channels are now available as part of their respective DMA package.
- Changed all references to the basic package from AT40 to AT50. Officially the name change is effective 2/1/01.
- Added “a la carte” reference in the footnotes.
- Removed Showtime free preview Info channels (104, 113, 123, 198, 313)
- Changed Romance Classics to new name “WE” Women's Entertainment.
- Changed KJZZ network affiliation from “UPN” to “Ind.” KJZZ Salt Lake City dropped UPN affiliation and is now an independent.
- Added temporary “Showtime Free Preview Info” channels to 313, 198, 123, 113 and 104.
- Added channel 981 “Hawaiian Music”
- Added Channel 980 “LDS Radio” new location
- Added “moving to 980” on LDS Radio channel 990
- TV Japan moved from tp 2 to tp 10 @ 61.5°
- Added “(Mono)” to the appropriate audio only channels
- “Locals” added to package info on WPIX and WWOR. These channels are now available as part of the NYC Local DMA package.
- Removed channels 981 “Holiday Music” since it no longer appears on EPG.
- “All Day” added to all PPV channels except “Last Chance” (502)
- Added package info to chanels
- Added OTA channel numbers to locals listings
- Added web links to WUAB and KSAT
- Updated web links on KDNL and KGTV
- Added 5 public interest channels (9404, 9405, 9409, 9417 & 9418) to grid
- WGNX (736) changed to new call letters WGCL. Web site updated (wgnx site still active as well.)
- Added web lincs for ETC (494) and Cine Latino (631)
- Research TV (9400) renamed “Research Channel” and web link added.
- Educating Everyone (9413) moved from 61.5° sat to 110° sat.
- HBO Latino satellite info updated. “(Coming 12/13/00)” removed.
- Satellite info changed on NTV and NTV Plus.
- Changed transponder info on many Local Network channels.
- HBO Latino added to grid on 309. Announced on the Charlie Chat by Mr. Egren himself to be launched at 5pm 12/13 to “All HBO subscibers”.
- Channels 9404-9409(1) removed from grid since they are no longer on Lyngsat.
- Changed transponder information on the following channels: 546, 585-588, 614, 617,619, 660, 665, 705, 730, 755, 780, 917, 9413, 9416, 9428, 9430, 9641, 9881 and added 9882.
- Changed satellite info on HTV and Telemundo (629 & 620)
- “(DD)” added to Showtime east and west (318 and 319)
- “Coming 11/29” removed from BVN. It is now available. Full name of network added to listing
- AT150 promotional channels (104, 113, 123, 139, 198, 231 and 306) and Freeview channels (275-299) removed from grid. Freeview ended sometime this afternoon.
- BVN has been reported to be coming 11/29 @ 5pm for $9.95/mo. Footnote changed from “(8)” to “(9)”.
- Sat info changed on channel 9641 from TP 25 to TP 4
- “(Coming 11/22 @ 5pm)” removed from E! Style (115). Renamed with proper channel name “Style”. Sat. info updated.
- Anyone who complains they were never told that there was a free preview will be shot! Channels 104, 113, 123, 139, 198, 231, 253 and 306 are currently being used to promote the free preview on channels 275-299. All the listed channels are mirrored so only one channel's bandwidth is being used. All the preview channels are also mirrored so no additional bandwidth is being used.
- Holiday Music Channel (secular) activated on channel 981. Holiday music channel listing on 947 removed.
- Channel line-up for the America's Top 150 FREEVIEW inserted in grid temporarily
- “(Coming 11/22/00 @ 5 PM)” added to E Style (115)
- “Returning 11/22/00 @ 5pm” added to Holiday Music (947)
- Milwaukee Locals added to grid and are reported to be coming soon. The channel assignment on this grid (704, 729, 754, 779) is not necessarily correct.
- Albuquerque/Santa Fe Locals added to grid again. Reported to be starting today at 2pm.
- Alb. Locals Confirmend added to Dish programming line-up and sat. info updated
- NFN (217) footnote changed from “(1)” to “(8)”
- Mega (602) changed to proper name of U.S. channel “MEGAcosmos”. Web link corrected.
- Wisdom moved from speculated channel 199 to actual channel 254 and “(Coming 11/15)” removed.
- name changed from Fox Sprts Alt 4 to Sports Alt 4 on 454. Satellite info added
- The Health Network (254) and BBC Radio (982) added again since they appear on several on-line guides.
- Changes to BTV channels (9621-23 and 9650)
- Web link added to R-300 Bowling Radio. Amazingly enough it is a Rock radio channel devoted to, of all things, BOWLING!
- Fox Sports Alternate 4 (454) added.
- Channels 115, 127, 158, 163, 167, 197 and 211 returned to grid since the still appear on several online guides and the DishPlayer “hidden” guide. The foonote on these channels was changed from “(1)” to “(8)”
- Lots of channels removed since they no longer appear on Lyngsat.com. They include the following:
- E-Style (115), Ovation (127), Trio (136), Much Music (158), VH1 Classic (163), Great American Country (167), Goodlife (197), News World International (211), HBO Zone (308), ActionMAX (313), ThrillerMAX (314), Atlanta Networks @ 61.5° (706, 731, 756, 781), BBC World Service Radio (982) and Doordarshan World.
- The Health Network (8) (117) removed since it no longer appears on any on line guide.
- Soccer TV (1) (546) added again to grid since it STILL appears on Lyngat.
- Colors added/changed on grid. Red is channels not available at this time. Green is for channel coming soon.
- “(1)” Changed to “(Coming Nov. 15)” on channel 199.
- Channel 254 (Vote info) removed from grid
- “(coming 11/8/00)” removed from Channel 149 and transponder info added.
- “(Nashville)” removed from TNN. Now called The National Network.
- Channels 225 GRTV, 250 Info, 546 Soccer(1) and 800 Info removed from grid.
- Web Links updated on channels 240, 253, 455-477, 490, 500-537, 580 and 9428
- Dallas Locals sat info changed from TP 13 to TP 8
- Sacramento Locals sat info changed from TP 29 to TP 26
- Channel 149 “(9)” changed to “(Coming 11/8)”
- Web site changes for Fox RSNs and name changed on MSC and HTS to “new” names.
- More transponder changes. See 10/26 changes
- Fox Sprts World added to grid on 149. Rumored to be coming 11/8
- Satellite info verified and added to PPV Channels
- Satellite information removed from channels 502-525 until it can be verified.
- Many channels changed transponders... More than likely they were changed in the early morning hours of 10/26/00. See 10/26 changes.
- Lots of channels changed transponders early this morning. Listed below are just some of them (More changes to come when I have time to check all the channels.)
- From Transponder 1 to Transponder 5
- From Transponder 5 to Transponder 1
- From Transponder 8 to Transponder 2
- From Transponder 8 to Transponder 10
- From Transponder 9 to Transponder 3
- From Transponder 11 to Transponder 8
- From Transponder 13 to Transponder 2
- From Transponder 14 to Transponder 8
- From Transponder 14 to Transponder 21
- From Transponder 17 to Transponder 2
- From Transponder 21 to Transponder 12
- From Transponder 21 to Transponder 14
- 340, 342, 350, 352, 353, 355 and 356
- On 10/28, the following changes were recorded:
- From Transponder 2 to Transponder 13
- From Transponder 3 to Transponder 9
- From Transponder 3 to Transponder 14
- From Transponder 4 to Transponder 5
- From Transponder 5 to Transponder 4
- From Transponder 5 to Transponder 16
- From Transponder 6 to Transponder 18
- From Transponder 8 to Transponder 10
- From Transponder 9 to Transponder 14
- From Transponder 10 to Transponder 11
- From Transponder 11 to Transponder 16
- From Transponder 12 to Transponder 8
- 270 and 322
- From Transponder 13 to Transponder 8
- From Transponder 16 to Transponder 5
- From Transponder 17 to Transponder 6
- From Transponder 18 to Transponder 6
- On 10/30 the following changes were recorded
- From Transponder 8 to Transponder 10
- From Transponder 10 to Reansponder 21
- Channel 902 removed from grid (moved to 9622)
- E-mail address for reader input changed
- “(Coming Soon)” removed from channel 240 and satellite info updated
- Web link updated on channels 551 and 552
- Web link updated on channel 240
- Satellite info added to ETC Channel 494.
- Channel 240 added to grid again. (Distant Networks are to be cut off to any unqualified subscriber in accordance with a recent court ruling.)
- Transponders 2, 6, 10, 12, 14, 18 and 20 changed from Echostar 2 to Echostar 6
- “Changes” archive set up here to unclutter this page a little. The three most recent dates that changes are made will remain on the list page. All others will be archived.
- Sources, credits and the “Bibliography” also moved here.
- America's Voice (Ch. 216) removed from grid.
- (3) footnote removed.
- Nick (West)(1)@ 61.5° and Dish Info 9(1) @ 119° removed from grid since they no longer appear on Lyngsat.
- Sat. info. changed from Echostar 1 to Echostar 6 on transponders 9, 13, 17 and 21.
- ? removed from tp 3, 8 and 11.
- (9) removed from GEM ch. 217.
- “(Coming Soon)” removed from LMN and Satellite info added to LMN (109).
- “(9)” changed to “(1)” to reflect the Lyngsat listing of 308, 313 and 314.
- Ch 254 added to grid.
- Ch 240 (1) and Albuquerque Nets (1) removed from grid since they no longer appear on Lyngsat.
- LMN (Coming Soon) added replacing rumored Oxygen (9) ch 109.
- Ch. 463, 464 and San Antonio Nets added to grid
- “(Coming Oct 2)” changed to “(9)”
- Conflicting reports about launch date. General concensus “Delayed Indefinitely”.
- “(Retrans problem)” removed from 845 and 759.
- “Retrans Prob” Footnote removed (again).
- PPV DD, All Day and LTBX changes
- Grid error fixed.
- Footnote 6 modified to include a link to the EKB HDTV Page.
- Track Power (581/582) removed from grid.
- HBO Zone, ActionMAX and ThrillerMAX added to grid again.
- (3) added to America's Voice ch 216.
- (3) footnote changed.
- Channel Korea (654) removed from list.
- “(Test?)” removed from HD-PPV channel.
- Transponder info changed on channels:
- 9404-9409 from tp 6 to 31.
- 724, 749, 774, 799 from tp 31 to 6.
- HD-PPV (Test?)channel added.
- The Health Network moved from channel 254 to 117. Web Link added.
- Satellite info changed:
- from Echostar 1 to Echostar 6? (This is not a certainty at this pont) on tp 3 and 11.
- from Echostar 2 to Echostar 6? on tp 8.
- “(National)” added to TNN.
- Footnotes (1), (All Day) and (LTBX) changed.
- Web Link added to DD World and KTV.
- (13) added to SA Home Schooling channels.
- (13) footnote added.
- All Day, DD, LTBX info added to grid upon request. Footnotes added.
- Pittsburgh 61.5° nets removed.
- Transopnder info changed at 119°:
- ch 501 from tp 09 to 03
- ch 504 from tp 21 to 8
- ch 506, 507 and 511 from tp 10 to 8
- Transopnder info changed at 61.5°:
- ch 532-535 from tp 24 to 25
- Transponder information changed on a slew of channels. At the 119° location:
- Ch 350 from tp 2 to 21.
- Ch 352 from tp 3 to 21.
- Ch 340 and 353 from tp 8 to 21.
- Ch 342 and 356 from tp 10 to 21.
- Ch 405 from tp 10 to 2.
- Ch 105, 114, 116, 132, 142, 171, 176, 202, 957, 958, 960, 961 and 976 from tp 11 to 16.
- Ch 355 from tp 12 to 21.
- Ch 461 from tp 14 to 10.
- Ch 241, 243, 245, 247, 262 and 9411 from tp 16 to 11.
- Ch 101 from tp 21 to 12.
- Ch 505 from tp 21 to 10.
- Ch 635 and 636 from 21 to 1.
- At the 110° Location:
- Ch 632 from 18 to 25.
- Ch 9400-9403 from tp 6 to 31.
- At the 61.5° location:
- Gem Shopping Network added to channel 217 as a rumored addition. (It has been reported that on Gems programming 9/13 channel 216 it was announced that Gems would be 24/7 on 217 within 30 days.)
- Transponder change on channel 133 from 19 to 11.
- Transponder info verification date changed.
- Channel 9443 changed from “HDTV 3” to “Dish HDTV Demo Channel”.
- Transponder info on ch 9443 changed from “3” to “??”.
- Discovery People (Discontinued by Discovery Networks 9/1) removed from Line-up.
- Ashville spelling corrected to Asheville.
- “(8)” removed and some satellite info added to Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville locals.
- Cincinnati Nets added replacing Miami nets 61.5° mirror.
- “(Retrans Problem)” added to NBC Greenville and Cincinnati.
- Retrans problem footnote added again.
- “Coming Soon” removed from Odyssey.
- Oddysey moved from speculated channel 198 to actual Dish channel 185 and satellite information added.
- “(8)” removed from SET (Hindi) and Satellite info added.
- Channel 999 removed.
- Channel 580 added.
- WGBH @ 61.5 removed.
- Chicago and Washington, D.C. Nets 61.5° mirror removed.
- BTV (900, 901 and 904-906) removed.
- Channel 9622 BTV added.
- ZD TV changed to Tech TV.
- “Coming Soon” on Odyssey changed to (Coming 9/5/00).
- “(9)” removed from Odyssey. “Coming Soon” added.
- “(Retrans Problem)” removed from WTVF CBS Nashville.
- Retrans footnote removed.
- “(12)” added to Trackpower.
- “(12)” entered into the footnotes.
- “(3)” Footnote changed.
- Boston and Dallas Nets 61.5° mirror removed except WGBH
- “(1)” removed from Nick Gas
Dish Channel Chart