The Dish Network User's Resource
Archive of changes to the Dish Channel Chart for 2003:
- Temp channels 5 and 6 (7999 and 8099) came to life this morning (ANON)
with a static Dish Network Logo and Muzak "elevator music:" for audio. (Anon)
- WBQC-CA 25 (listed on channel 8355 by this list even though Dish Network
STILLLLL refuses to carry the channel) is moving to channel 38 on Jan 1, 2005.
The listing has been updated ahead of time. The new channel 38 will be
able to cover 70% of the DMA via OTA signal, however it is still a low power
channel and not eligible for Must Carry.
- Sirius channel 6004 has gone back to its regular programming and stopped
running Christmas music 24/7. It is also no longer available to AT60
subscribers. This channel is normally only available to AT120 and higher
- The Surius Gif Offer channels (907-916) are no longer showing Video stills
Selling Sirius Stand-Alone service. They now have the standard Dish
Network logo. EPG now says: "Tune to channels 6000-6099 for more Sirius
- Temp channel 1 (127) reportedly showing the Oxygen channel. (Anon)
This channel is not available to subscribers
- Temp channel 2 (134) reportedly showing Encore MoviePlex (Anon) This
channel is not available to subscribers
- 6 new "Temp Channels" are now being uplinked. Each appears to be a mirror
of an existing channel. They are the following (ANON):
- 127, TEMP 1, 110° tp 27
- 134, TEMP 2, 110° tp 1
- 136, TEMP 3, 119° tp 19 (Reported Mirror of Sundance Channel)
- 8489 TEMP 4, 110° tp 20 (Reported mirror of WLS, Chicago)
- 7999 TEMP 5, 119° tp 2
- 8099 TEMP 6, 119° tp 17
- Correction: none of these channels appear to be mirrors at this
- The "ELECT" channel has been fired up as well. (ANON) Though still
not available and not listed on the chart since it is a feature on channel
100, it would explain the "TEMP" channels. This is the 6 channels in one
"channel" seen previously for the Elections and earlier for the Olympics.
- The Pentagon Channel which was uplinked a couple of weeks ago on channel
9405 at 110° tp 27 was moved today to 61.5° tp 3 and 148° tp 15. It is
STILL not available to subscribers at this time. (ANON)
- The last remnants of CNN/FN have finally been removed from channel 206.
There was nothing uplinked, but the channel was still there but hidden until
- No changes made to the chart RUMOR ALERT from PR Newspaper
- According to the article linked above, Two new TV stations (low Power
from Aguadilla, PR) are going on the air:
- WSJP LP channel 30 on Jan 3 as a WB and UPN affiliate
- WPRU LP channel 20 on Jan 31 as a CBS affiliate.
- The stations supposedly will be available on Dish and DirecTV
though the article is very vague and I could have misread it: "Tanto WPRU
como WSJP podrán ser vistos por personas que cuentan sólo con la
programación local, clientes que tienen Adelphia, DirecTV o Dish Satellite."
- Translation program (though flawed) available here
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr then enter this web site in
the space provided http://www.vocero.com/noticia.asp?n=50312
- South Asia World is now available to subscribers a la carte for $4.99 a
month on channel 811 transponder 23 at 121°
12/15/04 (All changes by ANON)
is off the Air 11:59pm 12/15/04
CNN International Was used as filler programming on CNN FN. It is no
longer available on Dish. At midnight the switch was thrown and this channel
- Fox Sports Chicago is now gone from 421 transponder 17 at 119°.
It has been removed from subscribers last week since it no longer has any
major league games!
59 (Pax) Denver is now available to Denver Local subscribers on channel 8214
on tp 29 at 148°. Dish must ***BY FCC RULE** provide a free Dish,
free installation, and free equipment necessary to receive this and other
local Denver channels at 148° to Denver local subscribers. Call
1-800-333-DISH to get your free Dish. If the first words out of the
CSR's mouth aren't "When would you like to have the free dish installed?" Or
at least something to that effect and not trying to talk you out of it in any
way, call the FCC and report the non-compliance!
- KCSG TV 4 (Pax/CNN)
Cedar City is now available to Salt Lake City Local Subscribers on channel
8543 on tp 2 at 148°. Dish must ***BY FCC RULE** provide a free
Dish, free installation, and free equipment necessary to receive this and
other local Denver channels at 148° to Denver local subscribers. Call
1-800-333-DISH to get your free Dish. If the first words out of the
CSR's mouth aren't "When would you like to have the free dish installed?" Or
at least something to that effect and not trying to talk you out of it in any
way, call the FCC and report the non-compliance!
- KTPX TV 44 (Pax) Okmulgee is now available to Tulsa local subscribers on
channel 8929 on tp 2 at 148°. Dish must ***BY FCC RULE** provide a
free Dish, free installation, and free equipment necessary to receive this and
other local Denver channels at 148° to Denver local subscribers. Call
1-800-333-DISH to get your free Dish. If the first words out of the
CSR's mouth aren't "When would you like to have the free dish installed?" Or
at least something to that effect and not trying to talk you out of it in any
way, call the FCC and report the non-compliance!
- WGTV-TV 8 (PBS/GPT) Athens, GA (In Lieu of WXGA TV 8 Waycross, GA) is now
available to Jacksonville, FL/Brunswick, GA area local subscribers on channel
9058 on tp 16 at 110°
- Meridian, MS local ABC, CBS and NBC are technically available to
subscribers now. Chances are they cannot be ordered until 6am 12/16.
They are on channels 9302-9304. The local PBS affiliate is not yet
available, however the Jackson flagship station WMPN has been available to MS
subscribers for some time now on channel 9276 for $1.50 a month. It
might be included as part of the locals.
- Added web link to channel 812, American Desi
- Sirius Channel 6004 confirmed available to all AT60 and up subscribers
though the season. (ANON) This channel is playing nothing but Christmas
tunes until January.
- For those with FTA MPEG2 Receivers in the AR spot beam, check 110° TP 8
for 3 little surprises. (Anon)
- The Sirius Gift offer channels 907-916 are apparently no longer in Free
Preview mode, however they appear to ba available to all subscribers and they
are still available FTA to MPEG2 receivers. (ANON)
- The Pentagon Channel is now being uplinked on channel 9405 as a Public
Interest Channel at 110°. It is not available to subscribers yet. (ANON)
Abilities TV is now being uplinked to both 61.5° and 148° on
channel 9414. (ANON) This channel specifically aimed at those with all
types of disabilities is not yet available to subscribers, but will soon
be included with the public interest channels. (ANON)
- Channel 9632, a Business TV channel, is now available to subscribers at
- Channel 9979, an HDTV Test channel at 148° moved from transponder 14 on
E*2 to transponder 31 on E*1.(ANON)
- This is a couple of days old, but I'm including it in today's notes:
Record International, the Brazilian (Portuguese Language) channel (597 at
61.5° and 148° and 815 at 121°) is now in a Free Preview mode. (ANON)
12/2/04 (just catching up with notes, no substantive changes)
- Added a note to channel 6004. This Sirius Music Channel is now
playing Christmas Music 24/7 though the season. (Rob)
- Added a note to CNN/FN - CNN International that it will cease to exist as
of 12/15/04. (MH) CNN International is a different channel. The
CNN International that we see on channel 206 weekends is filler programming on
CNN-FN. CNN has been trying to get the carriers of CNN-FN to pick up CNN
International (a different 24/7 service) but there is no official word whether
Dish is going to do this or if they will just turn off the channel when CNN-FN
signs off for the last time.
- Channel 900 which is nothing more than a slate telling the subscriber they
are receiving a signal from 121° moved from tp 21 to 25.(ANON)
- Dish has consolidated all the Georgia Public Television Channels into one
channel mirrored all over the place. The following channels are now
mirrors of WGTV:
- 7336 WCLP TV 18 Chatsworth, GA (Chattanooga, TN) was at 105° tp 1
- 7486 WVAN TV 9 Savannah, GA was at 105° tp 14
- 7672 WABW TV 14 Pelham, GA (Albany, GA) was at 105° tp 17
- 7706 WCES TV 20 Wrens, GA (Augusta, GA) was at 105° tp 12 but never
available to subscribers and still isn't.
- UPDATE: WGTV (disguised as WCES) is now available to Augusta, GA
- 7882 WDCO TV 29 Cochran, GA (Macon, GA) was 105° tp 21
- 9058 WXGA TV 8 Waycross, GA (Jacksonville, FL) was never uplinked
before. The mirror is not yet available to subscribers.
- Gainesville Florida locals now uplinked to tp 3 at 121° on channels
7790-7796. Gainesville only has ABC, CBS, Fox and PBS. These are
not yet available to subscribers.
- WTVY TV 4 CBS Dothan, AL is now uplinked to 105° tp 16 on channel
7926. This is right next to the Panama City locals. This is not
yet available to subscribers. It is unlikely that this channel will be
available in the Dothan market any time soon. However it could become
available to Panama City very soon under the "old" law.
- KPXC TV 59 Pax Denver is now uplinked to channel 8214 transponder 29 at
148°. It is not available to subscribers at this time.
- KTPX TV 44 Pax Okmulgee/Tulsa, OK is now uplinked to channel 8929 tp 2 at
148°. It is not yet available to subscribers. This channel number was
once "reserved" for KRSC TV 35 though it never was uplinked.
- BTV channel 9631 moved from tp 21 to 25 at 121°
- BTV channel 9632 was uplinked to tp 25 at 121°.
- Fox Sports Net Chicago has been removed from Dish Network's line-up as
advertised. Comcast Sports Net Chicago will become available by 4/1/05.
In the mean time it is reported that Chicago subs will get the Regional Sports
Pack as part of AT60+ and higher until CSN Chicago debuts. Remember that
the RSN package is STILL subject to the same blackout restrictions as before.
- HITN is temporarily off the air due to a transponder failure on the source
C-Band satellite. Programming on that satellite transponder is being
moved to another location, but at this time, HITN (channels 9401 and 843) have
a slate stating: "This program is experiencing technical difficulties.
Please Stand By." (ANON)
- UPDATE: as of 7:45pm Eastern, this channel returned. The Satellite
(Intelsat Americas 7) was declared a "loss". The source signal is now on
Intelsat Americas 13. (ANON) To be clear, at no time was any Dish
satellite in any kind of trouble here. Dish receives many channels via
satellite before they send them to us. It was the source satellite that
died, not a Dish satellite.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY
- A message on the EPG on channel 421 says that Fox Sports Net Chicago is
leaving the Dish line-up on 11/29/04. The plan is to begin broadcasting
Comcast Sports Net Chicago on channel 429 ASAP, but at the very latest on
4/1/04. Added a red background and note to channel 421.
- Channels 907-916 became available yesterday to all subscribers.
These channels are mirrors of several Sirius audio channels along with a
"slide show" of sorts selling the Sirius stand-alone service as a Christmas
gift. (ANON, Rob)
- Channel 311 (Cinemax West) was incorrectly listed as being on transponder
7 at 119°. The correct transponder is 13. (RT)
- Channel 982, the Holiday Music Channel is now available to all active Dish
receivers and FTA to MPEG receivers. (ANON, Anon, DBSOgre, JD, Rob -
Thank you all!)
- Channel 792 Doordarshan India is now uplinked to Tp 23 on EchoStar 9 at
- Channel 810 Asia FM is now uplinked to Tp 23 on EchoStar 9 at 121w.
This is a South Asia FM radio channel in Hindi and other languages.
- Channel 982 The Holiday Music channel has made its annual return to the
line-up. It is not yet available to subscribers. This year it has
been uplinked to Tp 8 at 119° (ANON)
- Channel 8164 WFMZ independent station in the Philly market
(Allentown) was moved from Tp 20 on at 61.5° to Tp 6s13 on EchoStar 8 at
- Channel 8543 KCSG, Pax/CNN affiliate in the Salt Lake City market
(Cedar City) is now uplinked to Tp 2 at 148°. This channel is not
available to subscribers at this time. (ANON)
- 8938 WFFF Fox Burlington, VT was moved from Tp 6s13 to Tp 4s13 on
EchoStar 8 at 110. (ANON)
- Channel 9175 KQUP UPN affiliate in the Spokane, WA market (Pullman)
is now uplinked to Tp 27 at 148°. This channel is not available to
subscribers at this time. (ANON)
- Meridian, MS local ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS locals are now uplined to
channels 9302 to 9308 on Tp 2 at 105°. These channels are not available
to subscribers yet. (ANON)
- Test channels 9505 (OTST9), 9945 (ETC7), 9946 (ETC8) and 9986 (ETC6) have
been removed from Tp 23 at 148° (ANON)
- Dish Network and Comcast Sports have inked a deal for
carriage consent for Comcast Sports WEST (Sacramento. Channel 409 at
110° is now available to area subscribers with AT60 Plus and higher
subscriptions. (MH) No word on CSN
- South Asia World is now uplinked to channel 811 at 121° transponder 23.
(ANON). This is likely the new CNBC channel specifically dealing with
South Asian (Indian) financial news. How is the Rupee doing against the
dollar today? :-) This channel is not yet available to subscribers.
- Channels 907-916 inclusive have the same Sirius Audio channel uplinked to
it, however the EPGs descriptions are all different. (ANON) These are
not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- The two Daystar local channels remaining on the system (Dallas KDTN
8415 and Indianapolis WDTI 8460) have been completely removed from the
system. (ANON) For the last few weeks these channels only had slates on
them telling subscribers to tune to channel 9408. These channels are
still listed on the chart as (14) just in case they ever pop back up, (again).
- Channel 9405, which had a slate telling subscribers about the Daystar
issue on Dish, has been removed from the system (ANON)
- Open TV channel "ATOOL" was uplinked to channel 9509 at 110° tp 23. (ANON)
- SET MAX is now available to subscribers on channels 612 and 793 at
61.5°/148° and 121° respectively. (ANON) Package info is as yet unknown.
This info will be filled in as soon as it is available.
- German TV (that is the name of the channel) is now on the EPG and
presumably available to subscribers on channel 725 at 121°. (ANON)
- WUNU Lumberton, NC (or rather a mirror of WUNG Greenville, NC posing as
WUNU) is now available as part of the Florence/Myrtle Beach locals
package on channel 7845. (ANON)
- KFTY, independent station in Santa Rosa, CA, is now available as part of
the San Francisco locals package at 148° channel 8239. (ANON)
- Dish changed the call letters on the EPG for what used to be KULC PBS
Ogden, UT to the new call letters KUEN. (ANON)
- KTFQ, Telefutura station in the Albuquerque TV market was finally
added to the Albuquerque locals package on channel 8824 by
order of the FCC. (ANON) This must carry
dispute has been raging for over a year. The FCC Finally ruled on 9/7/04
giving Dish 75 days to pick up the station. 64 Days later...shazam!
Just like magic.
- ETC7 and ETC8 added to channels 9945 and 9946 respectively; and ETC6 was
added to channel 9986 at 148° transponder 23 (ANON) These are technical
channels and not available to subscribers.
- Channel 7583 KVIA ABC El Paso is now available
to local subscribers. (ANON)
- The freeview of the 6 "election channel is over. Removed the "freeview"
from the notes from Comedy Central, MTV, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and C-CPSAN.
- ABN (Africa Broadcasting Network) is now uplinked to channel 749
transponder 23 at 121° (ANON)
- TARA TV (from Bangladesh) is now available to subscribers A La Carte
on channel 805 at 121° (ANON)
- Correction: TARA TV is from India. This station
has Bangla (or Bengali-same thing) language programming. The language is
spoken in the Indian state just east of Bangladesh as well as the country of
- SPT TV (from Portugal) is now available to subscribers A La Carte on
channel 817 at 121° (ANON)
- Channel 424 CCSN (Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic) has been renamed a
slightly less cryptic "CSNMA". (ANON)
- Channle 9466 which was briefly named HDEV2 (HD Event 2) is now called
- Dish has done some housekeeping. The following channels that were
never released to the public have been removed from the system (ANON).
They are still listed on this chart without channel names or satellite info in
case they are eventually added again. However there is no sign these
channels exist in the system right now. They are all labeled (14) now.
- 7257 WRJA PBS 27 from Sumpter, SC was REMOVED FROM Tp 5 on AMC 2 at
- 7409 WICD 15 secondary NBC affiliate from Champaign, IL was REMOVED FROM
Tp 16 on AMC 2 at 105w
- 7589 KCOS PBS 13 in El Paso was REMOVED FROM Tp 6 on AMC 2 at 105w
- 7671 WVAG UPN 44 Valdosta, GA was REMOVED FROM Tp 17 on AMC 2 at 105w.
- 7673 WSST 55, independent station from Cordelle, GA was REMOVED FROM Tp
17 on AMC 2 at 105w
- 7815 KMCT 39, religious station from West Monroe was REMOVED FROM Tp 19
on AMC 2 at 105w
- 7881 WGNM UPN 64 in Macon, GA was REMOVED FROM Tp 21 on AMC 2 at 105w
- 7944 KPTB 16 religious station in Lubbock and KXTQ-CA 46 Telemundo
affiliate in Lubbock were REMOVED FROM Tp 16 on EchoStar 2 at
- The following Sirius Music channels were shuffled around today. They
all remain at 119°: 6001, 6008, 6009, 6010, 6014-6017, 6020-6024, 6029,
6031, 6040, 6064, 6071.
Election Day 2004
- Channels 540 and 541 have had an EPG name change from NHL to PPV.
- WGTW in the Philadelphia DMA became a TBN owned and operated station back
on 10/1. I finally got around to changing the link and affiliation info
on the chart thanks to an e-mail inquiry.
- The "Great Wall" Chinese language package channels free previews have
disappeared like magic! ..Blah! Blah! The following channels are
now only available with their respective packages: 676, 677, 679, 680, 681,
686, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 706, 707 and 708. (ANON)
All these channels are only available at 121°.
- Comcast Sports Network West is now being uplinked to channel 409 on tp 24
at 110°. It is not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- Comcast Sports Network Chicago is now being uplinked to channel 429 on tp
17 at 119° . It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- The "Sports" channel 460 moved from tp 24 to 31 at 110° (ANON)
- HD Event 1 and 2 are now being tested on channels 9465 and 9466 at tp 13
at 110° . They are not available to subscribers yet. (ANON) Rumor
has it that HDTV1 will have Dallas Mavericks games within their LOCAL area,
and HDTV2 will have NBA TV HD.
- KOOD, PBS affiliate in the Wichita-Hutchinson, KS TV market is now
available to local subscribers at 105° on channel 7057. (ANON)
- A mirror of the Greenville, NC UNCTV/PBS (WUNC) repeater is now bing
mirrored on channel 7845 at 105° for the Florence/Myrle Beach TV
market. This mirror is not yet available to subscribers.(ANON)
- WUNM, Greenville, NC TV Market UNCTV/PBS (WUNC) repeater has moved
from tp 19 to transponder tp 14 at 105° (ANON)
- Channel 136 (ALERT) has been removed from tp 24 at 110°
- Sony Entertainment TV MAX has been added to 61.5° and 148° channel 612 on
tp 18 and 11 respectively (ANON)
- Sony Entertainment TV MAX has been added to 121° channel 793 on tp 23
- German TV (that's the name of the channel) has been added to channel 725
on tp 23 at 121° (ANON)
- Sirius channel 6044 was removed a few days ago from the subscriber system.
Today it was removed completely from Dish and replaced by channel 6045 "Shade
45". This is the
Eminem channel. Transponder stays the same: 21° at 119° (ANON)
- Channel 9508 called VODAP is now being uplinked to transponder 26 at 110°
- Yet another "SOON" uplinked to channel 9941 tp 3 at 110°.
- Free preview channel 599 is now available at both 148 and 61.5 to all
subscribers. (ANON) This channel will showcase international channels
available only at 121°.
The following are changes reported to me on 10/25 but I did not have time to
change the chart until now
- Channels 107 Comedy Central, 160 MTV, 200 CNN, 205 Fox News, 209 MSNBC and
210 CSPAN are now in free preview mode. (ANON). These are the
channels which are now available in the Open TV application showing all six
channels on one screen. This is intended to allow the viewer to sample
from a variety of election coverage views and styles. Comedy Central
will be lampooning the elections as usual while bringing results. MTV
has "Rock the Vote". CNN, MSNBC and Fox a variety of political
viewpoints and C-Span will have coverage from local stations around the
country as well as campaign headquarters.
- Mun² channel 838 is now available on AEP and AT180 as well as all the Dish
Latino packages. (ANON) Mun² is a channel much like SíTV though there is
some Spanish language programming on Mun². This channel is aimed at the
second & third generation Latino from age 16-35. Just a little aside
here, Mun² is a sister network to Telemundo which is now owned by NBC..
In Spanish Mun² is pronounced Mundos (worlds). This channel used to be
GEMS TV before it was purchased by Telemundo. Then Telemundo was bough
- KSWO ABC Affiliate in Wichita Falls, TX / Lawton, OK is now available to
subscribers on channel 7860 (ANON)
- The dozen Daystar channels discussed on the 10/20 changes are actually
slates stating that Daystar is available to subscribers in those cities on
channel 9408. Channel 9405 is only visible to subscribers that can no
longer get Daystar on channel 9408 since their local area does not have a
Daystar affiliate. Info from
THIS THREAD at
- Added footnote 15 to explain the availability of Channel 9408 since it is
too complicated to cover in the space provided in the chart.
- Daystar has been removed as a Dish Network public interest channel (9408).
There is an info screen about this on channel 9405 at 110° tp 27.
- KTNW PBS affiliate in Richland, WA (Yakima TV Market) is now
available to locals subscribers on channel 9372 Tp 6 spot 1 at 110°. (Karl)
- Added to the chart and in the EPG stream on transponder 15 but not yet in
the Dish System tables are several mirrors of Daystar. The mirrors are
on channel numbers 7327, 8207, 8333, 8383, 8415, 8460, 8600, 8622, 8783, 8899,
8909, 9359 and the mirror still exists on 9408. These channel numbers
are not available to subscribers nor are they in the main Dish system at this
time. These are mirrors in the individual transponder EPG stream.
These mirrors are in lieu of carrying the local affiliates but also adhering
to the Sky Angel settlement. (Anon / ANON)
- Channel 8600 which is now listed as the Daystar clone was listed as the
local PAX affiliate, but that channel was never uplinked. The listing
was over two years old off of the old Dish Player "hidden guide".
- A free preview channel of 121° international content is now being tested
at 61.5° and 148° on channel 599 transponders 12 and 1 respectively. (ANON)
- The SPT TV Portuguese channel is now uplinked to channel 817 tp 23
- KFTQ Telefutura affiliate in the Albuquerque TV market is now
uplinked to channel 8824 tp 6 spot 26 at 110°
- Some housekeeping at 121°. (ANON)
- Youngstown locals (7830-7834) moved from transponder 23 to 7
- Channel 7773 moved from tp 14 to 22
- Channel 7112 moved from tp 7 to 14 and joined the rest of the Albany NY
- A promotional channel called "SOON" is now being uplinked in the same
channel range as many test channels. Channel 9940 is on tp 3 at 110°.
- Channel 1 Bangladesh is now available to subscribers at 121° channel 806.
- Added a new channel to the chart. This channel is NOT uplinked at
this time, however there is a press
release on the channel's web site. The new channel is "SPT", a
Portuguese (from Portugal) channel with quite a bit of Super Liga soccer
games. (jp) The channel is listed with the other Portuguese language
channels after channel 816.
- Updated several links on the website. (katsios)
- WKPT and WAPK (7615 & 7620), ABC and low power (CA) UPN affiliates in the
Tri-Cities area are now available to Bristol, TN/VA locals
- Lubbock, TX Local ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, UPN and PBS are now in the
subscriber tier on channels 7938-7943. (ANON) Chances are these
channels cannot be ordered until tomorrow at 6am EDT
- KCHY the new NBC TV low power station in Cheyenne, WY is now
available to Cheyenne locals subscribers on channel 7802.. (ANON)
- Chinese channels Phoenix, CCTV4 and ATV (580, 581 and 598) are now in free
preview mode along with all the other "Great Wall" package channels at 121°
- The MLB Extra inning package channels (626-639) were hidden for the
season. Channel 625 remains as a sentry for the winter. (ANON)
- The NBA League Pass channels (562-572) are now visible to receivers.
Preseason action starts this week. (ANON)
- A ton of transponder swaps happened overnight (ANON)
- BBC America (135), The Outdoor Channel (153), MTV2 (161), Cinemax West
vacated transponder 20 at 119° and moved to transponders 12, 10, 4 and 13
- NYC Superstations WPIX and WWOR (234, 238 and 8104, 8105) left the "superstation
tp" 15 at 119° and moved with the rest of the NYC Locals at 119°
on tp 20
- Angel One (262) was removed from transponder 11 and replaced on tp 15 at
- All the content of transponder 2 at 61.5° moved to transponder 20 at
61.5°. This includes the " minor" locals from Philadelphia
(8158-8166), Greenville SC (8186 & 8192), Cleveland (8520 & 21)
- The contents of transponder 12 at 61.5° moved to transponder 16 at
61.5°. This includes "minor locals from Tampa (8697-8702), Louisville
(9102 & 3), Buffalo (9131 & 2), Roanoke (9284 & 5).
- No Arizona University House moved from transponder 10 to 20 at 119°
- HDTV channels 9443 and 9483 (HDTV3 & CBSHD) moved from transponder 20 to
2 at 61.5°
- Hidden test channels 9947, 9948 and 9951-9962 moved from transponder 16
to 12 at 61.5°
- Channel 9507 (ITVG) has been added to transponder 17 at 119°. It is
not visible to subscribers (ANON) This channel range is usually reserved
for Open TV applications.
- Updated a ton of hyperlinks thanks to Chad and DBS Ogre.
- As part of the Hyperlinks update, finally got around to changing the call
letters of KADY to KBEH on the Santa Barbara listings. (DBS Ogre)
- Channels 265 and 884 (CCTV9 and CCFES) are now in the free preview mode
for all subscribers. (ANON)
- The free preview on the Elite Super-Pack exclusive channels is now over.
Channels 766, 769, 770 and 774 are now only available in the Arabic Elite
Super Pack.. (ANON)
- A la Carte channel Noursat 772 is no longer in the free preview mode.
- After 11 months and 4 days of free preview, MBC channel 670 at 61.5°/148°
is now only available with the Arabic Elite and Elite Super packs. (ANON)
- WPMI TV 15 (NBC) in Mobile was showing WXIA-TV 11 Atlanta programming.
It appears this was only done for a brief time due to the hurricanes that kept
threatening the area and finally struck. At this time the station is
back to local operation. (Rob)
- Changed the listing on channel 194 from Discovery Home & Leisure to the
correct name of the channel "discovery home channel". (Chad)
- Updated the web link on Fox Sports Florida (Chad)
- Added a web link to the Men's
channels which is in the "shopping mall" portion of the DN line-up but
actually shows some real programs. (Rob)
- Mirrored channels 667 CCTV9, 668 CCFES were removed from the system today.
These channels were launched last week on channels 265 and 884. (ANON)
- The G4TTV and FS World mirrors on 877 and 890 were removed. These
mirrors were never assigned transponders. (ANON)
- TARA TV, a Bengla TV service is now uplinked to tp 5 at 121° on channel
- Channel 1 (Channel i) Bangladesh is now uplinked to tp 6 at 121° on
channel 806. (ANON)
- Test Channels 6250 and 6251 have been removed from the system. (ANON)
- KTNW TV 31 PBS Richland, WA(Yakima) is now uplinked to transponder 6 spot
1 at 110° on channel 9372 (ANON)
- WMTW (ABC) in Portland, ME is now available to local subscribers on
- Added channel 9466 to the chart. According to the channel listings
on the Dish Network web site (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/programming_guides/index.shtml
then select Dish HDTV from the drop-down menu)
NBA HD is supposed to be here eventually. The program listings show only
"sign off". (Chad) This channel is not even uplinked at this time.
For this reason it is being listed as an (8)
- Added KTNW TV 31 PBS Richland, WA (Yakima TV Market) to the spot reserved
for channel 9372. An e-mail contributor has informed me that he has
received confirmation that this station is planned to launch on Dish Oct 20.
However this is a delayed date. They were originally supposed to launch
in September. (CR) This channel is not yet uplinked to any Dish
- Updated many web links over the last few days and changed the name of
channel 119 from "A&E Biography" to the correct name "The Biography Channel"
- Note: With over 2500 links on this page alone, it is nearly
impossible for me to check these on a regular basis. If anyone reading
this page runs into a dead or misdirected link, please do not hesitate to
e-mail me at
email@example.com . I would appreciate it. It you
wish to remain anonymous, just say so in your e-mail and Anon you will be.
- The new Chinese Channels uplinked on 9/15 are now available in free
preview mode on channels 676, 9, 679, 686, 694-697, 699-701, 706 and 707 at
- China Central Television 9 (English) is now available to most if not all
all subscribers on channel 265. (Post on DBSTalk.com) This channel is a new Public Interest channel and will continue to be
available to all AT60 and DL2 and higher package level subscribers. It
is also available as part of the new Great Wall and Great Wall Plus Packs.
- China Central Television Spanish/French is now available to most if not
all subscribers on channel 884 (Post on DBSTalk.com). This channel is a new Public Interest channel and will continue to be
available to all AT60 and DL2 and higher package level subscribers. It
is also available as part of the new Great Wall and Great Wall Plus Packs.
- Terre Haute local CBS, NBC, Fox and Illinois PBS are now available
to subscribers. (ANON) CSRs may not be avle to process your order until
tomorrow 6am EST.
- Channels 9413 and 9414 (Educating Everyone and FamilyNrt) disappeared from
the EPG today.
- Channel 7736 labeled as GCTI (UPN in Greenville, NC) is now
available to all Greenville, NC locals subscriber. (Post on DBSTalk.com)
- Alternate Sports Channel ALT 5 has been removed from the EPG. (ANON)
- Radio Maria in Polish and in Italian have been removed from channels 664
and 658 tp 26 at 61.5 and channels 735 and 729 tp 6 at 121 (ANON)
- KOOD PBS in Hayes, KS (Wichita TV Market) is now uplinked to channel
7057 transponder 16 at 105. This channel is not yet available to
- WAPK UPN in the VA/TN Tri-Cities`is now uplinked to channel 7620 tp 2 at
105. This channel is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- KFTY independent station in Santa Rosa, CA (San Francisco TV Market) is
once again uplinked to transponder 27 at 148. This channel is not
yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- The two new PPV sports channels became visible in the EPG to all
subscribers on Friday 9/24. They were used for ESPN Game Plan yesterday.
(ANON) Sorry I didn't update this on Friday, but my main computer blew
up! (I blew it up actually). And it took me til today to get the
time to configure my laptop to take over while I work on my old POS system. (TNGTony)
- Two new Sport PPV channels have been uplinked to channels 465 and 466 at 110° tp 24.. Not available to subscribers yet (ANON)
- Terre Haute local CBS, NBC, Fox, Indiana and Illinois PBS uplinked to 105° tp 24 on channels 7901-7906. (ANON) There is no ABC affiliate within the Terre Haute TV market.
- 10 "VOD" channels showed up in the "test" channel range. They are all called "VOD" or Video on Demand. They are all currently mirrors
of PPV Movie channels in the 500 range. (ANON)
- 28 channels added to the 14000 channel number range. (ANON) This area is generally reserved for "Open TV" applications which are only accessible through channel 100 on Open TV capable receivers. They are also not shown on this list for that reason. These channels mostly seem to have Local Digital channels' program listings for west coast stations. They are not yet available to subscribers.
- Radio Greece, ERA and ERA
Sport radio services (721-723) are now available to subscribers from 121°.
- Clarksburg-Weston, West Virginia CBS, NBC, Fox as well as Morgantown, WV PBS stations are now available to Clarksburg-Weston local subscribers on channels 7911-7915 at 105°.
- Interesting side note here. WNPB is a station licensed to Morgantown, WV. That city is part of the Pittsburgh Television market. According the the FCC's interpretation of the SHVIA of 1999, technically, EVERY PITTSBURGH
LOCAL CHANNELS SUBSCRIBER should now be entitled to a free SuperDish 105, Free installation and Free equipment necessary to receive all their local channels at 105°, 110° and 61.5°! I'm sure there is a legal loop-hole here that Dish is trying to thread, but a complaint to the FCC upon first denial should clarify the issue. If anyone tries this, please inform of the results. (Tony)
- Another small point...currently Dish has WPNB uplinked to 110° in the Pittsburgh locals range, but it's not
available to subscribers.
- Unconfirmed, but reliable report states that Dish and WKPT Kingsport ABC (Channel 7615 - Bristol TV Market) have struck a deal for retransmission consent. (Charlie) Look for this channel to become available within a week or two.
- Post on DBSTalk.Com states that WLAE, Secondary PBS - and LPT network station in the New Orleans TV market (7696) will become available within 60 days.
- WPMI TV (NBC) Mobile (7352) is currently showing WXIA-TV 11Atlanta content (Rob)
- Channel 104 (Bingo TV) is now a mirror of channel 9900. (Rob)
- Dish seems to be testing some transponders and have mapped several channels FTA to these transponders. Currently CCTV4, 9 and 11 at 121° on channels 681, 694 and 699 are reported to be available on three different locations and the Wausau locals along with Albany's UPN (transponder 7 at 121°) is
also being mapped apparently to transponder 32. (Peter) These channels are visible with an MPEG2 FTA receiver only and are not part of the Dish system at the moment. For this reason they are not included in the dishlist.
- Bingo TV ( channel 104) moved from transponder 31 to 26 at 110° (ANON)
- D500 channel 9900 moved from transponder 1 to 26 at 110° (ANON)
- Columbia, MO CBS affiliate KCRG is now available to local subscribers on channel 7451 (ANON)
- Test Channels 9947, 9948, 9951-9962 which were airing content FTA to non Dish MPEG receivers have had their content removed. (ANON)
- A TON of new Chinese (Mostly Mandarin) channels are now in testing at 121° with two of them mirrored on 110°. These are not available to subscribers at this time. (ANON)
- 667 CCSPF ADDED TO Tp 26 on EchoStar 6 at 110w China Central TV Spanish/French
- 668 CCTV9 ADDED TO Tp 26 on EchoStar
6 at 110w China Central TV English
- 676 JIATV ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Jiangsu International TV From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 677 SHANG ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Shanghai TV From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 679 PHNIN ADDED TO Tp 27 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Phoenix InfoNews From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 686 BEJTV
ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Beijing TV From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 694 CCTV9 ADDED TO Tp 27 on EchoStar 9 at 121w China Central TV English
- 695 CCSPF ADDED TO Tp 27 on EchoStar 9 at 121w China Central TV Spanish/French
- 696 CCMOV ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w China Movie Channel From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 697 CCENT
ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w CCTV Entertainment From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 699 CCOPR ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w CCTV Opera Channel From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 700 GUAND ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Guandong TV From China. Language is Cantonese.
- 701 FUJTV ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Fujian TV From China. Language is Fujian.
- 706 SHANX ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Shanxi TV From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 707 PACVI ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Pacvia TV From China. Language is Mandarin.
- 708 HUNAN ADDED TO Tp 17 on EchoStar 9 at 121w Hunan Satellite TV From China. Language is Mandarin.
- As predicted UPN in Greenville, North Carolina is now being tested. It is listed as GCTI
on channel 7736 transponder 21 at 105°. This is actually WCTI DT 48.3. It is not yet available to subs.(ANON)
- Lubbock, TX local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN, PBS, Religious independent and Telemundo are now uplinked to channels 7938-7946 at 148° transponder 16. They are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Health TV (HLTV) is the latest public interest channel to be removed from Dish. Channel
9405 was removed from 148° and 61.5° today.(ANON)
- The free preview on several OTHER Chinese channels at 121° will be ending in the next few hours. These are channel 682-688. (ANON)
- CentroAmérica TV is now available to Dish Latino Subscribers on channel 834. (ANON)
- WSKY TV is now available to Norfolk locals subscribers on channel 7296. (ANON)
- KPOM changed its call letters to KFTA
on channel 7497.(ANON)
- KTMO Telemundo in Amarillo, TX is now available to Amarillo locals subscribers on channel 7686 (ANON)
- WTBU (8460) channel 69 in Indy changed its call letters to WDTI finishing the transformation from a secondary PBS to a full time repeater of Daystar. (ANON)
- NTV channel 804 from Bangladesh is now available A La Carte to subscribers from 121° (ANON)
- From the "Boy, that was quick" department: WDAZ TV 8 Grand Forks (Devil's Lake, ND) is now available to all Fargo locals subscribers on channel 7420. (ANON)
- Arabic package info updated on channels 758-781
- WDAZ TV 8 (ABC) from Devil's Lake (still in the Fargo TV market) is now uplinked to 121° transponder 9. Apparently not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- WDAY TV (ABC) in Fargo, ND is now available to Fargo Locals subscribers on channel 7412 (ANON)
- The Locals free preview channels (just info slates) have been removed from channels 125, 196, 197 and 198. (ANON)
- Apparently College Sports Television is testing at 110° transponder 15 channel 152. It is not yet available to subscribers.
- Armenia TV is now testing at 121° transponder 5 on channel 905. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Looks like National Broadcasting Net. , Noursat TV, Al Arabiya TV, ART IQRAA TV and New TV (770-774) are now
in either free preview mode or available to subscribers of the Arabic package. There is no info about these channels on the Dish web site yet. (ANON)
- Idaho Falls locals are now available to subscribes at 148° on channels 7740-7746. (ANON)
- Panama City locals are now available to subscribers at 105° on channels 7919-7924. (ANON) Under current law, it is very difficult for anyone in the Panama City area to get CBS. The CBS affiliate in the neighboring TV Market,
Dothan, AL, has its transmitter in the PC market. But by current law Dish cannot just "pipe it in" to PC subscribers.
- Gary Indiana PBS station WYIN has been added to the Chicago locals package on channel 8502 at 61.5°. (ANON) Anyone with the Chicago locals package wishing to get this station can call Dish and ask for their FREE dish with FREE installation and FREE equipment to tie in to their existing system. By law Dish MUST provide any Chicago local subscriber with
the equipment necessary to see all their local channels available on the system.
- Boston area Telemundo affiliate WNEU is now available to Boston Locals subscribers at 110° on channel 8779. (Ditto what was said in the point above) for Dish 500 and dish at 61.5° since Boston has several locals at 61.5°. To receive all the Boston locals one needs a Dish 500 and a dish pointed at 61.5°.)
- The 5 new Arabic channels (770-774) were turned over to the subscriber tier today but are still hidden in the EPG. The channels include National Broadcasting Net. (Lebanon), Noursat TV, Al Arabiya TV, ART IQRAA TV and New TV (Lebanon) (ANON)
- The FCC has granted KTFQ's petition for Must Carry against Dish Network. Dish has 75 days to uplink and make available
this station's signal to subscribers after the station provides Dish with a "good quality signal". Dish claimed that the former owner, Pax and Dish had a deal for the station to be excluded from the market and the new station owners assumed that obligation. The Station and the FCC disagreed. Added station listing to the most likely channel number 8820
- Program Note No actual changes to the chart. All Florida Local Channels are now free to air to provide local coverage of the impending hurricane and emergency information. The channels are not available to Dish subscribers outside of Florida .(Anon). The channels will likely go back to subscribers only after the current emergency has passed.
- Correction: The channels are not FTA, they are available to most subscribed Dish Network receivers within available Florida
- PPV Sports channel 459 moved from transponder 22 to 24 at 110° (ANON)
- PPV Sports Channel 460 moved from transponder 27 to 24 at 110° (ANON)
- PPV Sports Channels 463 and 464 made their annual return just in time for Game Plan Football on transponder 22 and 27 respectively at 110° (ANON)
- Three Greek radio channels are now testing (not yet available to subscribers) on transponder 16 at 121°. The channels are Radio Greece (721), ERA - 5 (722) and ERA Sport (723) (ANON)
Bangladesh is now testing and not yet available to subscribers on channel 804 on transponder 27 at 121° (ANON)
- American Desi, an English language channel targeted to south Asian viewers is now testing on channel 812 on transponder 6 at 121° (ANON)
- CentroAmérica TV is now testing and now testing on channel 834 transponder 16 at 110° (ANON)
- Clarksburg / Weston, WV local CBS, NBC and Fox, and Morgantown PBS are now uplinked to channels 7911-7915 transponder 10 at 105°. This is
not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- The new "Altitude Sports Network" is now available to subscribers on channel 410. (ANON) However, the channel does not begin programming until 9/4 at about noon Mountain Time.
- The "Card Exchange" channel on 199 is now available to targeted subscribers only. (ANON)
- The 2004 Summer Olympics are now history and so are the free Olympics channels Dish offered. The following channels have been removed from the EPG (ANON):
- 147 Olympics Highlights is gone from transponder 24 at 110°
- 148 & 9425 (OLMPC) NBC HD Olympics channel is gone from transponder 19 at 110°
- Channel 9910 which housed the Olympics Showcase channel featured in the Open TV receivers has reverted back to an SKDL channel. This is one of the home channels to the
major league sports packages.
- The Free previews of TVGC (102), USA (105), Bravo (129), CNBC (208), MSNBC (209) and Telemundo East (835) are now officially over. (ANON) However as of this moment (12:09 EDT 8/31/04) I am still receiving Telemundo East though I am not a subscriber to Dish Latino!
- UPDATE...at exactly 12:30am EDT 8/31/04, Telemundo was removed from my EPG.
- Two Dayton local channels swapped affiliation today to return the way they were decades ago.
WKEF 22 (7427) which was an ABC affiliate then became an NBC affiliate is now an ABC affiliate again. WDTN 2 (7475) Which was originally an NBC affiliate (as WLWD) became an ABC affiliate is now an NBC affiliate again. (Post by BFG on DBSTalk.com)
- ESPN is no longer FTA on channel 9947 at 61.5°. The test channel is still listed in the EPG, but there is no apparent content (ANON)
- Charlottesville, VA local CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS are now "technically available" available to subscribers on channels 7929-7933. The official launch is likely tomorrow morning. (ANON)
- KBLN TV 30 (Rel) Great Pass, OR is now available to Medford, OR Locals subscribers on channel 7651 (ANON)
- A new "Card Exchange Info" channel was added to 199.(ANON) It is only visible to specific, targeted subscribers. (Anon)
- 13 new encrypted "test"
channels were added to 148° transponder 20 on channels 6700-6712. (ANON) Looks like Dish is testing a compression scheme to shove 13 video channels per transponder. The current maximum is 12 unique video channels per transponder.
- The two remaining info slates telling people that their locals had moved from 105 to 121 on channels 7139 and 7285 (Boise and Madison) have finally been removed. (ANON)
- WPXL Pax affiliate in New Orleans is no longer being uplinked to channel 7697 transponder
29 at 121°. (ANON) The station is still listed on teh chart, but the sat info has been removed.
- WWTV CBS channel 9 (7751) became available to Traverse City locals subscribers last Friday (Ron/ANON)
- Channel 7731, WCTI ABC in Greenville. North Carolina is now available to locals subscribers. (ANON). My guess is it will not be long before the UPN sub-channel is uplinked...this is only a guess.
- Several local channels moved around on 121 early this morning. (ANON) :
- Channels 7112 (WYNA), 7135-7141 (Boise Locals) and 7530-7533 (some Flint locals) moved from transponder 7 to 10 at 121°
- Channels 7210-7216 (Wausau locals) moved from transponder 10 to transponder 7 at 121°
- Channel 7590 apparently has K48IK, a low power repeater of KYTO Telemundo 48 Las Cruses, NM as content. According to reports at www.lyngsat.com this is the parent TV station. However I have received a report that this is the repeater nearer the POP. It also explains why channel 7592 shows KYTO. Channel 7590 is not in the main EPG, but it is a PID on the transponder.
- The Altitude Sports channel (a Denver based regional sports network) is now being uplinked to 119° transponder 21. This channel is expected to launch Sept. 5 on Dish (ANON)
- RFD TV (9409) moved from transponder 21 to 14 at 119° to make room for the Altitude channel. (ANON)
- TV 5 USA and Radio France International are now being uplinked but not yet available on 121° transponder 27 on channels 731 and 732. These services are currently available at 148° and 61.5° (ANON)
Missoula, MT info screen letting subscribers know that the locals are no longer at 105° has been removed from channel 7124 at 105°. The slate still exists for other "moved" markets. (ANON)
- KCHY LP is apparently uplinked to channel 7802 transponder 21 at 148°. (ANON) This is a new NBC affiliate in Cheyenne, WY expected to go on the air soon. This channel is not yet available to subscribers.
- WNEU Telemundo affiliate in the Boston TV Market (Merrimack, NH),
is now being uplinked to channel 8779 transponder 6 spot 13 at 110°. (ANON). This is a third satellite location for this market. The channel is not yet available to subscribers.
- Two Mandarin (Chinese) language channels were turned over to the subscriber system today. Both Videoland and PTS (692 & 693) are now available to subscribers. (ANON) It is unknown whether these channels are being added to an existing package, if they are a new package or if they are being sold a la
carte. There is no info on the Dish web site yet.
- KPTF channel 7685, an independent religious station out of Farwell, TX, is now available as part of the Amarillo, TX locals (ANON)
- New Orleans local ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS 12, WB, UPN, Fox and religious independent stations have moved to the subscriber system and will be available to subscribers within hours on channels 7688-7695 at 121°. (ANON) The status of PBS32 and the Pax affiliate is unknown. They remain uplinked
but not available at this time.
- CCM, the new contemporary Christian music channel on Sky Angel channel 9755 is available to subscribers. (ANON). The channel description says "Today's Christian Music Radio". The web link was also updated.
- After listening to this channel while updating this chart and associated web pages, they play good music in between the commercials. There are a TON of commercials! WAY, WAY too many commercials. Listening from 3pm-4:30
est it was 3 songs, then 5 minutes of commercials, 3 songs and news then 5 minutes of commercials then three songs and 5 minutes of commercials and so on. I thought I was listening to a Jacor Station here in Cincinnati! (TNGTony)
- The "ET" channels 682-687 are now in Free Preview mode at 121° (ANON)
- A slight correction to the second changed from 8/13. Though this site is not meant to cater to hackers, testers, gray marketers or people who get service without paying, I have received enough e-mails about this that I included the fact that channel 9910 is not visible to "Legitimately subscribed and unaltered Dish Receivers" as opposed to ALL dish receivers.
- Changed note 13 about my
favorite pet peeve with Dish. Dish and WBQC apparently had discussions about carriage. 2005 at the earliest. This is good news. At least Dish now acknowledges the fact that the channel exists! Remember "At least 2005" does not mean Jan 1, 2005. It means POSSIBLY sometime in 2005. There are 365 days in that year and then again it's only a possibility, not a certainty.
- Channels 148 and 9425 (NBC HD Showcase) became available to all Dish subscribers with an HDTV Receiver in these TV Markets (Which TV Market are you in? Click HERE). This is one channel that is mirrored to both channel numbers.
- I neglected to put in the 8/11/04 changes that the Olympics Showcase Channel, an Open TV feature on channel 100 became available to all Dish Network
subscribers. This channel is on channel 9910 and is currently available FTA for MPEG2 Receivers. It is Available to ALL Dish Subs that have receivers with Open TV as an application on channel 100. Dish Receivers can not "See" channel 9910.
- The 6 "Olympic" channels were turned to "Free Preview Mode" along with The TV Guide Channel. These are channels 102 (TV Guide), 105 (USA Network), 129 (Bravo), 147 (NBC Olympic Highlights), 208 (CNBC), 209 (MSNBC) and 835 (Telemundo) (ANON)
- The Albany, NY info screen letting subscribers know that the locals sere no longer at 105° has been removed from channel 7110 at 105°. The slate still exists for the other 4 "moved" markets. (ANON)
from Taiwan has been added to channel 692 at 121° tp 27. It is not yet available to subscribers. At this point it is not certain which of the several Videoland channels is uplinked. (ANON)
- PTS, presumably the Public Television Service from Taiwan has been added to channel 693 at 121° tp 27.
- WJWJ PBS in Savanna which has been uplinked for some time on tp5 105° channel 7487 has been removed from the system. (ANON) The listing remains on this list, but the satellite info
has been removed.
- WYIN TV 56 PBS in Gary, IN has been uplinked with the rest of the Chicagoland area "minor" locals on transponder 27 at 61.5°. It is not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- Panama City, FL locals are uplinked to channels 7919-7924 at 105° tp 10 (ANON)
- Charlottesville, VA locals including room (blank slates or test pictures) for the two new network affiliates are uplinked to channel 7929-7933 (ANON)
Broadcasting Radio has been removed from the Sky Angel Line-up on channel 9761. (ANON)
- CCM has been added to channel 9755 in the slot left vacant by the removal of Bible Broadcasting Radio transponder 32 at 61.5°. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Norfolk, VA (Tidewater Area) local "big 7" networks are now available to subscribers on channels 7289-7295 at 105°. (ANON) WSKY is uplinked (or at least there
is a spot for WSKY on the satellite) but it is not yet available to subscribers.
- Channels 148 and 9425 have changed EPG names from OLYPC to OLMPC. (ANON) These two high definition channels are definitely mirrors of each other.
- Two new test channels added to 61.5° on channels 9947 and 9948. At the same time test channels 1-12 (channels 9951-9962) moved from transponder 18 at 148° to transponder 16 at 61.5°. The interesting thing is most of these are FTA. (ANON). The
FTA Status is strictly for MPEG 2 FTA receivers and does not apply to Dish Network receivers. Look at listings for the content of the channels as I type this. This may change the instant it is read by DN
- At some time in the very recent past, the Sirius Audio Channels were encrypted and no longer available to FTA listeners. (Rob)
- Added hyperlink and planned EPG name to channel 410 (Altitude sports network). (anon)
- Added a listing for Altitude Sports & Entertainment on channel 410. This channel is not uplinked yet, but it was announced as planned for 9/4/04. This is a regional sports network for the Colorado / Mountain area.
- WKAQ Telemundo in San Juan is available now with the San Juan local channels. (ANON / DBSTalk / Dish web site)
- Yakima PBS affiliate is a repeater of the Seattle station. The changes over the last week had to do with the spot beam configuration since the southern reaches of Washington and northern Oregon have been having signal problems. The channel has changed its logo from KCTS Seattle to KCTS/KYVE.(K)
- A channel "snuck up" on me. WMWB (7094)
in South Bend Indiana which started testing in May is available to subscribers according to an e-mail report I received yesterday. The report says it has been available for some time. (Dan)
- Boise, ID (7135-7141) and Madison, WI (7280-7286) local channels finally removed from transponders 2 and 10 respectively at 105°. These channels are still available to subscribers on the same channel numbers at 121° (ANON)
- Norfolk, VA area local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, WB, UPN, PBS and Independent station now uplinked to channels 7289-7296 on tp4 at 105°. These channels are not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- Idaho Falls / Pocatello local ABC,
CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS stations now uplinked to channels 7740-7746 on tp 6 at 148°. These channels are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- KPTF, religious independent from the Amarillo, TX TV market is now uplinked to transponder 10 at 148° along with the rest of the area locals. It is on channel 7685 and not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- KYNE PBS Yakima which was uplinked only last week to channel 9370 has been removed from transponder 3 spot 3. (ANON).
The listing remains in the chart with no satellite info for now.
- Israeli TV is now available to subscribers on channel 711 at 121°. (ANON) This channel has been available for some time at 148° and 61.5°
- UPN in South Bend, IN is now available to local subscribers on channel 7095 or 30. (ANON) It is listed as ESBT on the program guide. This is the digital sub-channel of WSBT-DT 22. (--mandatory rant to follow--And Dish STILL refuses to carry WBQC Cincinnati...looks
like now the only reason is that it is a lonely independently and locally owned TV station so it gets the shaft from this satellite carrier! Even DirecTV carried WBQC Cincinnati!--end mandatory rant--)
- Some San Juan, PR locals are now available to subscribers on channels 7781-7786. The stations now available are WKAQ 2 Telemundo, WAPA 4, WIPR 6 PBS/Instructional TV and WSJU 30. (ANON) A little review. Of 17 unique TV stations on the island, 6 are being uplinked.
Of those 6, 4 are available today.
- UPDATE--It has been confirmed by a real subscriber ordering locals in San Juan, this package INCLUDES the ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox New York City affiliates.
- UPDATE- Make that 3 out of 17 unique local channels. For some reason, WKAQ 2 Telemundo has been pulled from the San Juan locals. There is no other information other than it has been removed from the package for now.
- KYTX CBS in the Tyler, Texas TV market is now available to
local subscribers on channel 8881. (ANON)
- Yakima, WA Fox channel listed in the EPG as KFFX (an Oregon station) is now listed as KYCU, the proper name of the LOW POWER Fox station in Yakima. (ANON) The content of the station has been KYCU's since the channel became available to subscribers some time back. (Karl) Listing and hyperlink changed to reflect true content.
- Tapesh 2 channel 754, a Farsi channel is now available to subscribers at 121°. (ANON)
- Greenville / Washington / New Bern, NC local NBC, CBS, Fox and PBS are now available to subscribers on channel 7732-7737. (ANON) Local ABC is currently in a retransmission dispute with Dish. The guess is over carriage of the UPN digital sub-channel.
- WSBN in Norton VA is now available to Tri-Cities locals subscribers on channel 7621. (ANON)
- KYVE PBS Yakima is now uplinked to channel 9370 transponder 3s3 at 119°. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
HD Olympics channel uplinked to channels 148 and 9425. At this time it is uncertain whether these are 1 mirrored channel or two separate channels. Both channel numbers are uplinked to 110° tp 19. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Test channel "TSID2" added to channel 6251 on transponder 21 at 119°(ANON)
- Missoula local channels 7120-7126 were removed from 105° tp. 2.. They have been mirrored on the 121° satellite for some time now.(ANON)
Dallas information slate letting people know about the Dallas networks moving off of ConUS beam to a spot beam has been removed from channels 8399 and 8412. (ANON)
- Correction on transponder changes listed on the 7/21 update: Channel 449 did not move from transponder 24. It is still there. Channel 459 moved from Tp 24 to 22. (ANON)
- (from 7/23) - KMVU TV (Fox ) in Medford, OR is now available to local subscribers on channel 7647 (ANON/anon)
- (from 7/23) - KFFX TV (Fox) in Yakima, WA is now available to local subscribers on channel 9368 (KR / ANON/anon)
- (from 7/24) - KFDA TV (CBS) in Amarillo, TX is now available to local subscribers
on channel 7678 (ANON/anon)
- (from 7/24) - Channel 7225 KDL, Springfield cable-only UPN channel has been reported to be low power TV station K15CZ channel 15 in Springfield, MO. (ANON) There is a web site listed for this channel, but as I type this the site comes up as non-existant. The address found is http://www.upn15tv.com.
- Charleston, SC locals are now available to subscribers on channels 7886-7891 (ANON)
- Montgomery, AL locals are now available to subscribers on channels 7850-7856 (ANON)
- WNEO PBS station just outside of Youngstown is now available with the Youngstown, OH locals on channel 7834 (ANON)
- WSEC PBS Jacksonville, Il is now available with the Champaign, IL locals on channel 7408 (ANON)
- WNYA UPN is now available with the Albany, NY locals on channel
- Mabuhay TV, a Tagalog (Filipino) language network, is now available to subscribers on channel 712 a la carte. This channel is at 121° and requires a SuperDISH or equivalent. (ANON)
- NBC Olympic Highlights channel has been added to channel 147 on transponder 24 at 110°. It is not yet available to subscribers. This channel is a mirror of "SPORT" channel 459 (ANON)
- Channel 449 (ALT 5) moved from transponder 24 to transponder 22 at 110°. (ANON)
460 (SPORT) moved from transponder 24 to 27 at 110° (ANON)
- SPORT TV channels 463 and 464 have been removed from transponders 22 and 27 respectively. (ANON) They are on their annual hiatus!
- Israeli TV is now uplinked to channel 711 at 121° transponder 9. It is not yet available to subscribers at this location (ANON) However, it is available on channel 656 at 148° and 61.5°.
- South Bend local WBND (7090) and WMWB (7094-not yet available) have moved from transponder 6 to
transponder 14 at 105° (ANON)
- A channel labeled ESBT has been uplinked with the South Bend, IN locals on channel 7095 transponder 14 at 105°. It is not yet available to subscribers. This is WSBT-DT 22.2 UPN"Michiana" (ANON) No, it is not a High Definition channel
- The Albany NY locals (channels 7105-7111) have been removed from 105°. (ANON) These channels are still available on the same channel numbers at 121°. The same thing will be happening
with Missoula, Madison and Boise soon.
- WFAA, KTVT, KXAS and KDFW, the Dallas network channels on 8400-8403 have finally moved from ConUS transponder 16 at 110° to Spot Beam transponder 8 spot 6 at 110°. (ANON) These channels are still available as distants to qualifying subscribers in areas able to receive Spot 6 which is most of Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma.
- HBO HD channel 9456 moved from Tp 19 to Tp 13 at 110° (ANON)
- SHO HD channel 9460 moved from Tp 19 to Tp 17 at 110° (ANON)
channel 9905 has been removed from transponder 26 at 110° (ANON)
- Channel 9910 (SKDL1) now has some interesting content. It is a test for an Open TV feature called "NBC Olympics Showcase". It has 6 TV screens showing 6 different channels simultaneously. 1) NBC (currently showing Dish logo), 2) MSNBC. 3) CNBC, 4) USA Network, 5) Bravo and 6) Telemundo. The options on the Open TV feature continue: 7) TV Guide 8) Dish Home and 0(Zero)) Exit. (ANON)
- looks like John H at DBSTalk.com has also seen the new service (not yet available to
subs and has posted a link to a screen capture in THIS THREAD
- This channel also has 6 "Alternate Audio" tracks. See the SAP page for details.
Normally this kind of news is not reported here because this is not intended as a public service to hackers. However, this channel is currently FTA but not available to customer's Dish Network receivers, so it's fair game. :-) (TNGTony).
- Channel 227 has been renamed JTV (Jewelry TV by ACN). It was formerly called ACN (ANON)
- Channel 9603 has also had a name change. It was called MCN2. It is now called DNBS. (ANON) The guess is that it stands for Dish Network Business Services, though some people have a different designation for the BS! :-)
- HRTV (Horse Racing TV) is now available to all AT60 and higher subscribers on channel 404 at 119°. (ANON)
- Kuwait TV is now available and in free preview
mode on channel 769 from 121° (ANON)
- All 10 full power New Orleans locals are being uplinked to 121° transponder 29 on channels 7688-7697 (ANON)
- 6 of 17 San Juan, Puerto Rico local channels are being uplinked to 110° transponder 4 spot 15 (Caribbean) on channels 7781-7786. (ANON)
- Wichita Falls, TX/Lawton, OK local CBS, NBC and Fox are now available to subscribers on channels 7861-7863 at 121° (ANON) Apparently, Dish and the ABC affiliate have not come to
a retransmission consent deal.
- Macon, GA ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are now available to subscribers on channels 7877-7882 at 105°. (ANON) No word on the UPN affiliate also uplinked, but not yet available to subscribers.
- When the 4 new SIRIUS music channels Wednesday, Ch 6063.was changed as well. It used to be "Planet Dance,". It is nNow it is called "Area 63." The format is "Trance/Progressive." (HTGuy from DBSTalk)
- Channels 156 and 919 have come to life with the "infomercial" audio only channel for Sirius Music Service in the 6000 channel range. (ANON)
- A Tagalog language channel (Philippines) is now being uplinked to channel 712 transponder 5 at 121°. (ANON) It is presumably Mabuhay TV. However, this has not been verified. The channel apparently does not have a web site.
- Added another test channel to the 6000 range. TSID has been added to channel 6250 Tp 21 @ 119° (ANON)
- WNYA TV 51 Pittsfield, MA (or WNYA LP 15 Albany) UPN from the "capitol area" has been uplinked to channel 7112 transponder 10 @ 121°
- Charleston local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN and PBS channels have been uplinked to channels 7886-7891 transponder 24 at 105°
- The four new Sirius Music Channels have been made available to subscribers. (ANON)
- 6013 = All Elvis....The KING LIVES!
- 6025 = Underground Garage Rock...Album Oriented Rock!
- 6061 = Breakbeaks/Old Skool Hip-Hop
- 6097 = Vacation Music, a mish-mash of mellow tunes.
- Florence/Myrtle Beach local ABC, CBS, Fox, UPN, and South Carolina
PBS became available today on channels 7838-7843. (ANON) There is no NBC affiliate in this market. The current law prohibits Dish from importing another affiliate and only those who live outside the grade B signal strength of ANY OTHER NBC affiliate qualify to receive a distant NBC affiliate. The locals are $4.99. No word on when or if WUNU Lumberton, NC (WUNC TV repeater) will be available.
- WYTV 33 ABC affiliate in Youngstown, OH (Channel 7830) is now available to local subscribers. (ANON)
- The three Chinese language channels that came on line at 121° yesterday (689, 690 and 691) are now part of a new package called the "Chinese Variety Pack". It sells for the low, low price of $27.99 a month or 308.89 a year. See Dish Network Web Site for details HERE
- It took a month and two days, but the EPG name of channel 191 was finally changed to reflect the channel's new name. Tech TV and G$ merged to become G4-Tech TV (original name, isn't it?) on May 28th. The EPG for channel 191 was changed from "TECH" to "G4TTV" today. (ANON)
- Channels 493 and 499 had another EPG name change. from ULTXX to ULTIM (ANON)
- Update: The channels actually changed names from Spice Ultra XX to Spice Ultimate. (anon)
language channels 689 (TTV), 690 (CTV) and 691 (CTS) are visible in the EPG and apparently available to subscribers. (ANON) Package information is not yet published.
- Another new Arabic channel, this time from Kuwait. Kuwait TV is now uplinked to channel 769 transponder 26 at 121°. It is not yet available to subscribers.
- The 4 info channels telling people that their locals are moving from 105 to 121 are no visible to affected subscribers. Channels 7110, 7124, 7139,
7285. Once again the markets affected are Albany (NY), Madison, Missoula and Boise. (ANON)
- KRII, secondary NBC affiliate in the Duluth TV market is now available to subscribers on channel 7581 (ANON)
- Dallas Distant Network info channel 8399 and 8412 are now visible to affected subscribers. (ANON) Dallas network channels will no longer be available to subscribers outsider the Dallas Spot-Beam. Current Dallas distant network subscribers who live outside the Texas spot-beam will
have the channels turned off within a few weeks. Most of Texas and parts of OK will be unaffected.
- WBNA, religious independent in the Louisville TV Market, is now available to Louisville locals subscribers with a dish pointed at 61.5° (ANON). If you do not have a second dish pointed at 61.5° and are a Louisville local subscribers, you can call Dish Network 800-333-3474 and ask for your free dish and installation to receive this channel. By FCC ruling, Dish must provide any equipment
and installation necessary FREE OF CHARGE to anyone wishing to receive all their local channels*. *see 61-5prog.htm
- Another open TV application became available on channel 100. "TRAVAV"
- Chinese language channels 689, 690 and 691 have been turned over to the subscriber tier (ANON) and will probably become available to subscribers within a day or two.
- KGWN CBS Cheyenne ((7801) is now available to local subscribers. (anon)
- KWSD WB Siouf Falls (9237)is back on the air. The EPG istill says OFF air at this time, but is expected to return to normal soon. (Anon)
- The 4 new Sirius channels (6013, 25, 61 and 97) now have audio but no song title information. They are not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- KWSD is currently showing a test pattern, and just a few hours ago, the program info changed to "Off air" status. (Anon). Added "(OFF AIR)" to channel 9237.
- In the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose TV Market, KCSM (PBS) San Mateo (8235) no longer operates on channel 60. It has moved to channel 43, and is digital only (43-01). Programming is unchanged, except for the addition of KCSM Jazz-TV on 43-02. (Jim T). This channel is still mapped to Channel 60 on Dish
- The identity of the 4 new Sirius audio channel has been revealed. Thanks to e-mails from ANON, anon and a post on DBSTalk by Darkman. None of the channels are broadcasting audio yet and are not available to subscribers at this time.
- 6013 - SIRIUS Elvis Radio - All-Elvis! (The Official Radio Station of Graceland.. from Elivis' early years to his comeback, It's all about The King of Rock 'n' Roll!) (No sound yet)
- 6025 - SIRIUS Undergrnd Garage Garage Rock (The collest rock
'n' roll records ever made. We don't care if they're 50-years old or 50-minutes old. Produced by Little Steven.) (No sound yet)
- 6061 - SIRIUS Boombox - Breakbeats/Old Skool (A mix of party breakbeats and old skool from artists such as Fatboy Slim, De la Soul, Chemical Brothers and A Tribe Called Quest.) (No sound yet)
- 6097 - SIRIUS Vacation - Vacation music (A mix of tropical, calypso, reggae, Hawaiian and other music you'd hear on an island Vacation) (No Sound yet)
- 4 new Sirius audio channels are uplinked. No real information available as to the content. They are not yet available to the public and are uplinked to channels 6013, 6025, 6061 and 6097 at 119° transponders 4 & 12. (ANON)
- KYTX CBS Nacogdoches, TX (Tyler market) is now uplinked to channel 8881 transponder 10, spot 8 at 110°. (ANON) Changed footnote from (9) to (1) and added satellite info to listing.
- Amarillo, Texas local NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS are now available to
subscribers on channels 7677-7683. Local CBS KFDA is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON) Station is owned by Panhandle Telecasting Co.
- Youngstown local CBS, NBC and Fox stations now available to subscribers on channels 7831-7833. Local ABC is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON) Technically there is no PBS affiliate in the TV market. The PBS affiliate in the area is actually licensed to a town in the Cleveland/Akron TV Market. The ABC Affiliate is owned by Chelsey
- Joplin, MO local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS have been turned over to the subscriber tier and will presumably be available to subscribers Thursday. (ANON) They are not yet listed as available on the Dish Web site (10:50pm EST).
6/19/04 (Two weeks' worth of changes listed today)
- Added Amarillo, TX ABC CBS NBC Fox and PBS to the chart on channels 7677-7683. Transponder 10 at 148° (ANON 6/9)
- KTNC Azteca TV 42 (Concord, CA) which is available as part of the San Francisco locals package is now mirrored on channel 8641 in the Sacramento package. The channel is not yet available to subscribers (ANON 6/9)
- Channel made available to Sacramento local subscribers 6/16 (ANON)
- KTVG, Fox in the Lincoln, NE TV market is now available to subscribers
on channel 7553 (ANON 6/9)
- KHGI secondary ABC in the Lincoln, NE TV market is now available to subscribers on channel 7557 (ANON 6/9)
- Albany, Georgia NBC,Fox and PBS now available to subscriber on channel 7668, 7669 and 7672. (ANON 6/9)
- Quincy, IL local CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are now available to subscribers on channel 7711-7716 (ANON 6/9)
- Monroe, LA local ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, UPN and Fox are now available to subscribers on channels 7809-7814 (ANON 6/9)
- Flagstaf local FamilyNet
station now available on channel 8334 to all Phoenix locals subscribers (ANON 6/9)
- Reno local WB station is now available to Reno locals subscribers on channel 9004 (ANON 6/9)
- Toledo local Fox WUPW was listed as channel 3, Dish has changed this to the actual channel number 36. (ANON 6/10)
- TV Guide Channel is now available to all subscribers on channel 102 from 110°. (ANON 6/16)
- Channels 156 and 919 are now being used as an info channel for the Sirius channels. It has been
reported that the channels are available to subscribers, however they are not visible on my system with AEP, so they are listed as (1) until more information is received) (ANON 6/16)
- HotZone on channels 493 at 110° and 499 at 148° are now Spice Ultra XX (FW 6/16, ANON 6/16)
- Three new Chinese channels added to the system at 121°. These channels are not available to subscribers yet. They are TTV, CTV and CTS all from Taipei, Taiwan. They are uplinked to transponder 27 on channel
689-691 (ANON 6/16)
- Three new Arabic channels have been uplinked to 121° transponder 26. They are Al Arabiya, IQRAA and New TV and are on channels 772, 773 and 774 respectively. They are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON 6/16)
- K TV free preview on channel 796 ended (ANON 6/16)
- WLMT TV 30
(UPN) Memphis moved from transponder 12 to 22 at 61.5° (ANON 6/16)
- KRII TV Chisholm, MN (Mostly a repeater of Duluth's NBC) is now being uplinked to 110° channel 7581. Not yet available to subscribers. (ANON 6/16)
- Cable-only Fox station on channel 7713 has changed names from GEMFX to XGEM. (ANON 6/16)
- Montgomery, AL local channels now uplinked to 105° transponder 20 channels 7850-7856 (ANON 6/16)
- Wichita Falls,
TX local channels now uplinked to 121° transponder 28 channels 7860-7863 (ANON 6/16)
- Joplin, MO local channels now uplinked to 105° transponder 21 channels 7868-7873 (ANON 6/16)
- Macon, GA local channels now uplinked to 105° transponder 21 channels 7877-7882 (ANON 6/16)
- WNNE TV secondary NBC in the Burlington, VT TV market finally became available to subscribers on channel 8943 (ANON 6/16)
- WKMJ Louisville moved from transponder 22 to 12 at 61.5° (ANON 6/16)
- WBNA, religios
channel in Louisville is now uplinked to channel 9103 at 61.5° transponder 12. (ANON 6/16)
- Another "OTST" channel added to channel 9505 at 148 transponder 23 (ANON 6/19)
- Channel 9595 which was a test channel for "DHELP" moved and became a new Open TV application. Since I do not list Open TV aps (in the 19000 channel range) removed the listing from 9595.
- Augusta Georgia local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and South Carolina PBS are now available to subscribers (ANON)
- Toledo, Ohio local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and independent are now available to subscribers (ANON)
- Channels 7110, 7124, 7139 and 7285 which are still unavailable to subscribers and show that the local channels in this range are moving from 105° to 121° were mislabeled and listed on the wrong satellite. These channels are all one mirror and are actually on transponder 2 at 105°, not 110° (ANON - anon)
- Channels 796 (K TV) and 803 (UDAYA) are now in free preview mode at 121° (ANON)
- The TV Guide Channel is now uplinked and testing on channel 102 on transponder 11 at 110° (ANON)
Georgia locals are now uplinked to 105° transponder 12 channels 7700-7707 (ANON)
- Greenville / Washington / New Bern, North Carolina local channels uplinked to 105° transponder 19 channels 7730-7737 (ANON)
- Youngstown, Ohio local channels now uplinked to 121° transponder 23 channels 7830-7834 (ANON)
- Florence / Myrtle Beach, South Carolina locals now uplinked to 105° transponder 20 channels 7838-7843 (ANON)
- Kondattam TV (Tamil language channel) (796) has been turned over to subscribers. It is still hidden in the EPG for non-subscribers.(ANON)
- Udaya TV (Kannada language channel )(803)has been turned over to subscribers. It is hidden in the EPG for non-subscribers (ANON)
- KMPX Dallas was listed as (1) not available to subscribers, however the channel has been available for a few weeks. Corrected the information. (Larry R)
- Ary Digital (channel 621 at 61.5 / 148 & 746 at 121) is now called Ary Digital USA and now has a dedicated web site (Ary Digital USA) (ANON)
- This list has shown channels 8335 as unavailable to subscribers for some time. However according to http://ekb.dbstalk.com/sdlocaldetail.htm, several posts at DBSTalk.com and an e-mail from (Anon) today, this station is and has been available to subscribers for some time!
religious TV station in El Paso (7590) is no longer being uplinked to 105° tp 6. (ANON) Removed channel and satellite info from listing, but left other info on the chart, just in case. Changed the footnote to 14
- Al Zikr Radio (665) moved from tp 29 to 6 at 61.5°, from 19 to 1 at 148, and channel 780 from transponder 21 to 20 at 121° (ANON)
- Two new channels added to the Arabic channel block at 121°. Channel 770 now has NBN (Presumably National Broadcasting Network from Lebanon) and channel 771 has something called TELLU. Unknown what this channel is at this time. Both are on transponder 26 and neither is available to subscribers at this time. (ANON)
- UPDATE: Thanks to the
many people who emails on this: TELLU is actually Télé Lumière. This is a Catholic ministry channel in Arabic.
- Looks like Dish is about to free up the space on the 105° satellite that has been used up by Albany, NY, Missoula MT, Boise ID and Madison WI. Dish has set up a mirror of an info channel on channel numbers 7110, 7124, 7139 and 7285. Right now it is in the clear to MPEG2 receivers, but not visible to Dish receivers. It is only showing a dish logo at this time. (ANON) Guess: soon it will be showing that the channels are leaving 105° for good. All these cities have been mirrored
at 121° for months.
- WKBS Cornerstone TV in the Johnstown-Altoona Market (7472) has been removed from the satellite (110° tp 4s13). (ANON)
- Quincy, Illinois local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox , PBS and TBN affiliates are uplinked to channels 7710-7717. They are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON).
5/25 changes continued.... (Sorry for the 4 day delay in info. My "real" life was a little too busy to update this chart further)
- Toledo local ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and Religious Independent stations have been uplinked to channels 7820-7826 (ANON)
- Monroe, LA local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN, PBS and religious independent stations are now uplinked to channels 7809-7815 (ANON)
- KTLF TV 4 in Flagstaff Az is now uplinked to channel 8334 at 119° (ANON)
- KREN TV 27 (WB Reno) is now being uplinked to channel 9004 at 119° (ANON)
- Iowa City ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and Iowa PBS stations are now available to local subscribers.
- UPDATE...that should have read Sioux City, IA. Iowa City locals have been available for some time now. (TonyM)
- KAZW LP 14 (Azteca) in Yakima TV market is now available on channel 9373 to local subscribers. This is a repeater of a KAZW TV 9 in Walla Walla which is also in the same TV market. (CR, Anon, ANON)
- The Sirius Music Channels are available to all Dish Latino Dos and Dish Latino Max subscribers (GZ)
- TNT HD officially became available to HD Pack subscribers at 5pm today, unofficially it became available at 10:30 am. This channel is at 110° transponder 13 channel 9420. (Half the world e-mailed me on this one...thanks everybody!)
- The HD Events channel disappeared today. Reportedly it is still at 148° as one of the test channels, but it is no longer available to subscribers.
- Local channels are now available in Rockford, IL. (7542-7545) ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox for $5.99. PBS National add 1 buck, UPN and WB Superstations add 3 bucks.
- Local Channels are now available in Wausau, WI (7210-7216) ABC-CBS- NBC Fox and PBS for $5.99
- Cheyenne local ABC, Fox and PBS (7800-7805) are now available to local subscribers for $4.99. The CBS/UPN affiliate in NOT in this package at this time. Most of this market qualifies for
a distant NBC affiliate from Denver, Atlanta, NYC, LA or Chicago for an additional 1.50 each (two maximum by law) and WB+UPN Superstations for $3
- Medford, OR local ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS (7644-7650) are now available to local subscribers for $4.99. No word on the Fox affiliate in the area.
- Channels 7315-7319 moved from transponder 4 to transponder 22 at 105° (ANON)
- The Sirius Music Chanels are HERE! Channels 6001-6099 are now active with the Sirius Music Service. These channels are available to all with AT120 and higher. Unknown what level of Dish Latino they are available on if any at this time. (Jim D, ANON, Larry R)
- Added channel 6073 to the listings. For some reason I missed "Swing Street" (Swing and Big Bands) in the Sirius line-up. Thanks to DBSOgre for the heads-up.
- Channel 169 had an EPG
name change today. It was NOGIN. It was changed to include the night time service called "The N" So now the EPG reads NOG/N. (ANON)
- The monaural Muzak Music channels (920-949) are now hidden in the EPG unless they are subscribed. (ANON) Perhaps step 1 in removing them all together from subscribers?
- The following local cities' locals have been turned over to the subscriber tier and are "technically available". CSRs will most likely NOT be able
to take orders until Thursday morning IF and only IF they are officially released to subscribers.
- Wausau / Rhinelander, WI (7210-7216) ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS)
- Rockford, IL (7542-7545) ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox)
- Medford, OR (7644-7650) ABC, CBS, NBC and OPT/PBS. The local Fox and Religious Independent have not been turned over yet.
- Cheyenne, WY (7800-7805) ABC, Fox and Nebraska PBS. The local CBS (the only other station in the market right now) has not been turned over yet.
has become KBEH TV (ANON) and is now a Spanish, Indy. The changed happened Monday according to the "Ventura Star (Mi Estrella) (The article is in Spanish)
- G4 and Tech TV will officially merge on 5/28/04. The name of the new channel will be G4TechTV (wonder how much the person who came up with that name got paid?) Added a note to channel 191 which is not Tech TV.
- It appears that TNT HD will be available on channel 9420 starting with the Western conference NBA Finals. (Post on http://Satelliteguys.ud)
- Added TEST 1 To transponder 13 at 110° channel 9420. This is an HDTV transponder so looks like a new channel may be on the way. (ANON)
- The Pappas' Owned Fox and WB stations (9143 & 9144) in Omaha are now available to local subscribers.
- The Pappas owned WB affiliate (7269) in Greensboro is now available to subscribers.
- The Pappas owned LOW POWER (I'll skip my rant today) Fox affiliate (7303) in Bakersfield is now available to subscribers.
- The Pappas owned CBS affiliate (7584) in El Paso is now available to subscribers.
- The Pappas Owned Fox and WB affiliates (8968 & 8969)
in Fresno are now available to subscribers.
- The Pappas owned WB affiliate (9414) in Des Moines is now available to subscribers.
- Kairali TV, a Malayalam language channel is now testing at 121° transponder 26 channel 796. (ANON)
- UPDATE: A correction...Channel 796 is not Kairali TV. It is Kondattam TV. This is a Tamil Language channel.
- Udaya TV, a Kannada language channel is now testing at 121° transponder 26 channel 803, eh. (ANON)
- WBND channel 7090 (ABC South Bend) moved from transponder 2 to 6 at 105° (ANON)
- WMWB the low power WB affiliate in South Bend is now testing on channel 7094 transponder 6 at 105°.(ANON)
- Medford, Oregon local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and Rel. Ind. are now uplinked to channels 7644-7651 on transponder 10 at 148°. These channels are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
TV Azteca in the Yakima TV market is now being uplinked to channel 9373 transponder 3 spot 3 at 119° (ANON)
- NHL Center Ice channels 541-558 have been hidden from the subscriber EPGs until next season. (ANON)
- Peoria Local ABC CBS NBC Fox UPN & PBS (7750-7756) are now available to local subscribers
- Providence local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN and PBS (7770-7776) are now available to local subscribers.
- The second channel 930 that was on transponder 4 @ 119 has been removed. this was the reason that some people were hearing Sirius Hits 1 on some receivers. (ANON)
- Updated the Excel Spread Sheet companion to this web site. See link below on the Dishlist. It is current as of today. Basic text only for simplicity and manageability.
- Added Tapesh2 back to the grid. It has been on channel 754 transponder 5 at 121°. Unknown whether it really went away on 2/4/04 as stated in the "changes" But the net result is that it is there now. Thanks to (anon & ANON) for the info.
- It has been confirmed that Dish and Pappas have reached an agreement for retransmission of the stations listed in the 5/5/04 changes. Fox 42 and WB 15 in Omaha should become available to subscribers sometime next
- I have received two independent reports that Dish and Pappas have reached an agreement. The following station has been confirmed as coming soon by one of the reports: Fox 42 in Omaha. The following stations should also be coming soon:
- WB Omaha, WB Des Moines, Fox and WB Fresno, CBS El Paso, Fox Bakersfield, WB Greensboro, and Fox Lincoln. There is a possibility that the second ABC in the Lincoln TV Market is affected as well.
- KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE UNCONFIRMED REPORTS.
I JUST RECEIVED TWO OF THEM INDEPENDENTLY.
- It seems I misread some of the information I received yesterday. Kids' Stuff and Reggae Rhythms (6011 and 6030) are indeed uplinked. So that leaves 4 music channels missing: Universo Latino, Mexicana, Tropical and World Music (Horizons).
- UPDATE: This afternoon Dish added the remaining 4 audio streams. Again, they are not available to subscribers until 5/20/04
- Sioux City, IA local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, Iowa PBS and Nebraska PBS are now being uplinked to channels 7190-7196 on transponder 13 at 105°. (ANON)
- Rockford, IL local ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox now being uplinked to channels 7543-7544 on transponder 13 at 121°.
- WEND, PBS Norwich CT. is now longer being uplinked to channel 7777 along with the Providence/New Bedford locals. Some one may have realized that this channel is not inside that market. That channel is
in the Hartford TV Market. (ANON)
- Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE local ABC, CBS, Fox and PBS are uplinked to 148° transponder 21 channels 7800-7805 (ANON) This market does not have fthe air NBC, WB or UPN stations. However a low power NBC affiliate is expected to light up this summer on channel 13. This channel is listed as a (9) in along with the rest of this markets locals.
- Channels 7999 and 9399 (LOCLS) have been removed from transponder 18 at 119°.
ME local CBS, NBC, Fox PBS, UPN and WB are now available on channels 7341-7346 (ANON)
- WDCQ (PBS) Bad Axe, MI is now available to local Flint subscribers on channel 7539 (ANON)
- KTYO (Telemundo) is now available to local El Paso subscribers on channel 7592 (ANON)
- Columbus/Tupelo, MS local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are now available to subscribers on channels 7760-7766 (ANON)
- WCIU (Ind) Chicago is now available to local chicago subscribers on
channel 8497. (ANON)
- The Sirius channels are now testing (Not available to subscribers until 5/20) in the 6000 channel block. All the channels currently have the same channel name "SIRI" (ANON)
- UPDATE: Added the channel names to the Sirius music block. The Sirius music channels missing from the Dish line-up are ANYTHING with a world beat or touch of latin america, Reggae Rhythms, Universo Latino, Mexicana, Tropical and World Music (Horizons). Also missing is the children's channel
"Kids Stuff". These channels could be added at a later date, however they are missing NOW and it is not a good sign.
- La Crosse / Eau Claire WI locals are now available to subscribers.(7720-7726)
- Syracuse, NY local CBS (7626) is now available to subscribers (ANON)
- Wausau / Rhinelander, WI local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are now uplinked to 121° transponder 10 on channels 7210-7216. They are not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- Channel 7486 listed in the Dish guide as WVAN PBS in Savannah, GA was a mirror of the Atlanta PBS affiliate at110° transponder 16. It is now WVAN Savannah sharing transponder 14 at 105° along with the other local stations from that city.. (ANON)
- WTVN CBS in Syracuse is now being uplinked
along with the rest of the Syracuse locals on channel 7626, transponder 3 at 121° (ANON)
- Syracuse, NY ABC, NBC, Fox, WB and PBS (7625-7631) are now available to subscribers according to the Dish Network Web Site.
- Peoria / Bloomington, IL local channel ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN and PBS are now uplinked to transponder 12 at 105° on channels 7750-7756 (ANON)
- Providence, RI / New Bedford, MA local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN, PBS and the Norwich CT PBS are now uplinked to channels
7770-7777 on transponder 14 at 121°. (ANON) WEDN's tower, licensed city or studios are is NOT within the Providence/New Bedford TV market so it is a mystery to me why it is uplinked here. (TNGTony)
- HD PPV channel 9428 has moved from transponder 10 to 13 at 148°
- The NBA League Pass channels (562-572) are now hidded from subscribers until next season. (ANON)
- ITVN is now in a Free Preview Mode on channel 608 at 61.5°/148° and 736 at 121° (ANON)
- Added a web link to channel 8969
KFRE WB Fresno. (Greg)
- ITVN (Polish language channel) has been moved to the subscriber tier. It will be available to subscribers tomorrow 4/28 on channel 608 at 61.5° and 148° or channel 736 at 121°. It will sell for $14.99 a la carte, $`9.99 paired with TVN24 or $29.99 with PolSat and TVN24. (ANON/Post by Darkman on DBSTalk.com)
- The "second" channel 959 that was never available to subscribers, was removed today (ANON)
- Syracuse local ABC, NBC, Fox, WB, and PBS (7625-7631) have
been moved to the subscriber system and are scheduled to become available to subscribers 4/29. The CBS affiliate is not even uplinked. (ANON) Since this station is owned by Granite Broadcasting and all other Granite stations are are currently available on Dish, it leads me to believe this is a technical issue rather than a retransmission consent issue. However that is only a guess. Contact WTVH General Manager Jon
Lawhead for more info.
- La Crosse / Eau Claire, WI local ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS stations (7720-7726) have been moved to the subscriber tier and are to be available to customers on 4/29. (ANON) The local Fox affiliate owned by Milton Grant is uplinked, but is not expected to be available at this time. Go to THIS PAGE to ask the station why.
- "Alert" is now uplinked to channel 136 transponder 24 at 110°. No idea what this is, but it currently is a mirror of channel 9915 (ANON)
- This channel became available to all subscribers during the afternoon/evening. It is a slate telling people about pending HDTV legislation. More information at www.iwantmyhdtv.com (Frank/ANON)
Plenty of changes today...Many, many thanks to all who sent in contributions of course ANON without whom this list would have ben impossible to maintain over the last couple of years, but also to netwar, Mike, John, Jim, James, Paul, Joe, Joe and Bill.
- Channel 481 "Private Blue" has been removed from the system and is no longer uplinked to transponder 26 at 110°. this was a Porn channel that was never made available to subscribers.
- Channel 959 now has two program streams on it. CD2 normally on channel 951 is being mirrored as the second audio stream on channel 959. It is not available to subscribers at 959. CD10 is playing on channel 959 for standard subscribers. The guess is that this is a test for when
the Sirius music channels are added in May.
- KOOD TV 9 secondary PBS affiliate out of Hays, KS for the Wichita TV Market no longer has a space reserved on transponder 13 at 105°. The station is still listed in the grid with no satellite info.
- And the reason I leave these channels on the grid...Portland ME locals are once again uplinked to 121° for a second try. And still on channels 7340-7346 transponder 18.
- Syracuse, NY local ABC, NBC, Fox, WB and PBS are
uplinked to 121° transponder 3 on channels 7625-7631. No word on the conspicuous absence of the CBS affiliate. It is listed in the chart in 7626 spot, but it is not uplinked at this time.
- Albany, GA local channels have been uplinked to channels 7668-7674 at 105° tp 17. Two notable points about this market: 1) there are no local ABC or CBS affiliates. 2) the UPN affiliate (WVAG TV 44) uplinked to channel 7671 has its studios in Moultrie, GA which is in Colquitt County
and therefore in the Albany TV Market, however the station is licensed to Valdosta, GA which is in Lowndes County and in the Talahassee, FL TV market. According to Nielsen (and therefore the SHVIA) this station is in the Tallahassee TV Market. So it is very interesting that the station is included in the Albany package uplink stations, but NOT in Tallahassee.
- La Crosse / Eau Claire, WI locals are once again uplinked to 121° tp 11 channels 7720-7726
- Columbus / Tupelo / West
Point, Mississippi local channels are now uplinked to transponder 11 at 105° on channels 7760-7766
- Most of the Los Angeles channels on the "side" slot have moved to a new local spot beam at 119°. Channel 8009- 8014, 8016-8018, 8020, 8022 and 8023 moved from transponder 21 or 25 at 148° to transponder 1 Spot 5 at 119°. These are local channels 52, 46, 54, 58, 50, 24, 62, 18, 56, 44, 57 and 22.
- WNEG TV 32 Taccoa, GA, secondary CBS affiliate in the Greenville,
SC market has moved from tp 2 at 61.5° to tp 5 spot 14 at 119°
- KRON (8240) in the San Francisco TV Market moved from 148° to the San Francisco spot beam at 119°.
- KPHZ (8335) in the Phoenix TV Market moved from 148° to the Arizona spot at 119°
- WUVN, KFWD, KSTR and KXTX (8408-8411) in the Dallas market moved from 148° to the area Spot at 110°.
- KVDA (8479) in the San Antonio market moved from 148° to the local spot beam at 110°
- WCIU TV in Chicago
is now uplinked to channel 8497 on transponder 2s6 at 110° It is not yet available to subscribers.
- KTBC (8620) in the Seattle market has moved from 148° to the local spot beam at 119°.
- KAZQ, KLUZ, KTEL, KCHF and KRPV (8817-8819. 8822 and 8823) in the Albuquerque TV market have moved from 148° to the New Mexico spot beam at 110°.
- KHRR (8958)in the Tucson area has moved from 148° to the Arizona spot at 119°.
- The Muzak channels have once again been mirrored
in the 9800 block. This is their third time around.
- WBND-LP (7090) ABC South Bend, IN is now available to local area subscribers. [mandatory rant] YET ANOTHER LOW POWER CHANNEL ADDED TO DISH AND STILL NO WBQC-CA IN CINCINNATI! THIS IS A REAL CHANNEL THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE DISH LOCALS LINE-UP. DISH IS THE ONLY MAJOR COMPETITOR IN THE AREA WITHOUT THIS
- KQFX (7453) which is an alias for two low power repeaters and Fox affiliates have been added to the Columbia, MO locals line-up. Be sure to see mandatory RANT in the entry above.
- KRIV which is the Houston, TX Fox affiliate is now CONDITIONALLY available to Harlingen / Brownsville-McAllen, TX locals subscribers. Subscribers in the area that qualify for a distant Fox affiliate (which is most of the market) will get the Houston Fox on channel 7658.
TV 9 secondary PBS affiliate in the Minneapolis TV Market is now available on channel 8583 and 22 on receivers with local mapping capability. This channel is on 61.5° and requires a second dish. It is MANDATORY that Dish provide this second dish, installation and any materials necessary to receive KAWE to all local Minneapolis subscribers AT NO CHARGE AND WITH NO CONDITIONS on request. Call Dish 800-333-3474 to get your FREE Dish and installation. If they refuse, call the FCC and
report the infraction.
- WCVW, secondary PBS affiliate in the Richmond, VA market is now available to locals subscribers.
- Changed hyperlink of HERE TV (537) to the proper address www.heretv.com
- Teja (802) will be going off free preview mode at midnight eastern tonight. It is available a la carte.
- Fargo, ND CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are now available to local subscribers on channels 7413-7418 at 121°
- Fargo, ND CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS have been moved over to the subscriber system. (7413, 14, 15 and 18) (ANON) This usually signifies that these locals will be available to subscribers in the next couple of days. No word on the ABC and UPN affiliates availability troubles. It could be a technical issue or a retransmission consent issue.
- KDLH Duluth CBS is now available in the locals package on channel 7575. (ANON)
- CBS mirror channels on 253 and 254 which were put in place during the Viacomm snafu have been removed (ANON)
- Fargo ND locals have returned to transponder 9 at 121° on channel s7412-7418 (ANON). They are still not available to subscribers.
- The last remaining HD channel at 105° was removed today. Channel 9498, HDTV 3, Dish Demo channel is no longer uplinked to transponder
22 at 105°. (ANON) This channel was never made available to subscribers and signals the official death of HDTV at 105°. The original plan was to put all HDTV channels at 105°, but due to signal issues, this plan had to be scrapped.
- Updated footnote 6 to reflect the 8PSK change. The 5000 HD Upgrade receiver is now not able to see Dish HD channels. (BobaBird)
- Removed footnote 7 since it no longer applies to any channel. Footnote 7 referred only to the Dolby Digital Test Channel which was only available to retailers. (BobaBird)
- Added Open TV page link to footnote 11 (BobaBird)
- WDCP Bay City channel 7539 is now being listed as its repeater in Bad Axe...or should that be a
"Bad Axe repeater"...channel 35 WDCQ. (ANON). It is not yet available to subscribers.
- Removed faux channel designation to WCMU Mt. Pleasant (Flint, MI TV Market). It has never been uplinked.
- Duluth local ABC, NBC, Fox and PBS channels (7574, 6, 8 and 7580) are now available to subscribers. No word on why CBS station is not available. E-mail the General Manager HERE
- El Paso locals now available to subscribers....sort of. The NBC, Fox, Univision and Telefutura locals are now available to subscribers on channels 7785, 6, 7791 & 3. (ANON) The ABC, CBS, PBS, Telemundo, Religious independent and secondary PBS out of Las Cruses are missing in action. Unknown if it is a techical delay or if it's a retransmission consent issue.
- The Portland, Maine local channels (7340-7346) have been removed from 121° transponder 8 Still listed
in this grid as (9) (ANON)
- The Fargo, ND local channels (7412-7418) have been removed from 121° transponder 9. Still listed in this grid as (9) (ANON)
- The La Crosse/Eau Craire, WI local channels (7720-7726) have been removed from transponder 11 at 121°. Still listed in this grid as (9) (ANON)
- The Muzak channels have once again been removed from their 9800 range. (ANON)
- HRTV (presumably "Horse Racing TV" has been uplinked
to channel 404 transponder 15 at 110°. It is not yet available to mere mortals. (ANON)
- Adult Lock, channel 491, moved from Tp 13 at 148 to Tp 15 at 148° (ANON)
- Hot Zone channel 499 moved from tp 13 to 15 at 148° (ANON)
- Nicktoons now available to all AT150 subscribers on channel 178 at 110°
- ITVN, a polish language channel has been uplinked to channels 608 at 148° and 61.5° on transponders 9 and 26 respectively. It was also uplinked to channel 736 at 121°
on transponder 20. This channel is not yet available to subscribers (ANON / Marcyjok)
- Channel 6006 has been uplinked as TST_7. This is yet another test channel that is not visible to subscribers. (ANON)
- Channel 533 has become "International PPV" (ANON)
- The MLB EI Package free preview ended on 4/11. Removed the free preview notation from the channels (Tony)
- WDCP TV 19 Bay City, Michigan has been uplinked to channel 7539 at 121° transponder 12.
- KRIV, Houston Fox is now being mirrored on channel 7658 for the Harlingen / Brownsville - McAllen, TX TV market . This channel is not yet available to subscribers. The San Antonio Fox mirror was removed before Harlingen was released to the public. KRIV It is still on transponder 5 spot 10 at 119°.
- WMCM-DT which was listed on the Dish EPG as the old WWAC AC, NJ (Philly TV market) was finally removed from the guide. (ANON) The FCC has idiotically
determined that Digital-Only broadcast stations do not qualify for must carry. WWAC
- HDTV3, the HD Demo channel 9443 has moved from transponder 16 to 20 at 61.5°. It is now using 8PSK. Receivers without the 8PSK capability can no longer "see" this channel. (ANON)
- The CBS HD channels 9453 and 9454 have been removed from the EPG.
- The "new" CBS HDTV channels 9483 and 9484 have now switched to 8PSK. Receivers without the 8PSK capability can
no longer "see" these channels. (ANON)
- The ARY Digital free preview on channel 621 and 746 as well as the ARY One World free preview on channel 747 ended as of midnight 4/15.
- Dish has apparently settled a dispute with Weigel Communications. WDJT CBS in Milwaukee is now available to subscribers on channel 7071.
- KMPX TV Decatur Texas (Dallas TV Market) is now available to locals subscribers on channel 8413 from 148° transponder 8. Any and all subscribers
to the Dallas locals package can call Dish and ask for this channel. By FCC Ruling, Dish MUST give you a second Dish, installation and any equipment necessary to get this channel FREE OF CHARGE WITH NO CONDITIONS. If Dish refuses or stalls in any way, report the violation to the FCC.
- TLC has been removed from channel 178. It is available on channel 183. (ANON)
- Nicktoons is now on channel 178 hidden from subscribers. (ANON) It should become visible to all AT180 and higher subscribers sometime tomorrow (4/14).
- Nicktoons was removed from channel 9984 where it has been testing for the last week. (ANON)
- KNLB TV 19, a duplicate NBC affiliate in the Tyler/Lufkin/Nacogdoches, TX TV market has officially turned into KYTX, Primary CBS affiliate. (Greg) This channel has not been available on Dish, but once it begins broadcasting from its new tower, it will be added to the Tyler locals. At least that is the plan. It is listed on channel 8881 on this list following Dish numbering convention.
- Lincoln is no longer at 148°. (7550-7557). The lincoln locals were originally uplinked to 148° only. Shortly after the launch of Grand Junction, Co, Dish also uplinked the Lincoln locals to 105. Eventually Dish launched Lincoln from the 105 satellite only. So the duplicates at 148 are no longer needed.(ANON)
- Columbia / Jefferson City area locals now available to subscribers. Sort of...The ABC, NBC and PBS affiliates out of Columbia are available. The Fox, CBS and Religious stations are not. The UPN and WB in this area are low power stations and not eligible for must carry. (Dwayne). So is Fox for that matter so this may be an issue with signal quality, however the two low power Fox affiliates known as Fox 11 in the area are programmed by the ABC affiliate so it is most likely
coming soon. It is also very possible that it is all a technical issue. All three stations planned that are NOT available are licensed to Jefferson City (the Columbia Fox LP is the repeater, not the main station according to the FCC). All stations available are licensed to Columbia. It could be a coincidence, but there you have it (TNGTony)
- WMPN PBS Jackson, MS channel 9276 is now available to all Mississippi counties regardless of locals availability.
- Topeka Local channels are now available to local subscribers on channels 7091-7097 at 105° (ANON)
- KTEL, Telemundo affiliate in the Albuquerque TV Market has been returned to the line-up on channel 8819. (MJS). This channel was available back in 2002 then removed in October of that year. It is on the 148° satellite. Anyone in the Albuquerque TV market that subscribes to the local channels wishes to get this channel (or anything else at the 148°
location) can call Dish at 800-333-DISH and ask for the second dish to receive this channel. You get it for free with free installation and equipment necessary to have seamless operation on all your receivers. If you don't, report it to the FCC as a violation of their ruling.
- KETS TV 2 Little Rock, AR PBS station (channel 9356) is now available statewide. (Anon) Unknown at this time if is an automatic channel for Arkansas residents or a la carte. It is part of the Memphis,
Little Rock, Shreveport, Springfield, MO and Ft. Smith areas local packages. This applies to Arkansas counties only. This channel may not be available outside Arkansas.
- KYPX TV 49 Pax is now available to Little Rock area locals subscribers with a Dish aimed at 148° This station carries Memphis Grizzlies (NBA) and Arkansas Twisters (Indoor Football) games. (Anon). Just as with KTEL in Albuquerque, a free Dish, installation and eqipment necessary is available FOR FREE to any Little
Rock locals subscriber wishing to receive this additional channel. Call 1-800-333DISH. If you get any resistance, delay or are advised not to get the dish and are currently a Little Rock subscriber, immediately report this violation of FCC rules to the FCC. Of course after DEMANDING your free Dish.
- Rochester NY locals are now available to subscribers according to the Dish web site. CSRs may not be able to take orders until 6am EDT Thursday morning.
- TV Japan (already on channel 640 at 61.5°, 119°-Hawaii spot and 148°) is now being uplinked and visible to TV Japan subscribers (and all subs during Free TV J programming) on channel 675 at 121° (ANON)
- WBND LP 57, ABC affiliate in South Bend, IN is now being uplinked to channel 7090 on transponder 2 at 105°.(ANON)
(Mandatory rant follows) Yet another low power TV channel Dish is carrying while telling the people in Cincinnati that WBQC CA, an honest to goodness real local TV channel with LOCAL programming and UPN programming is not worth their time! Dish is still the only multi-channel carrier in the city that does not carry WBQC Cincinnati in one form or another and it's NOT because the station management or ownership (one and the same) doesn't want them to. It's just because DISH REFUSES TO CARRY
THE CHANNEL!(end mandatory rant)
- Portland, ME locals are now uplinked to 121° transponder 18 on channels 7340-7346. ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN, WB and PBS are all there. Pax is not. These channels are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- La Crosse - Eau Claire WI locals are now uplinked to 121 transponder 11 on channel 7720-7726. ABC ,CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are uplinked. The UPN affiliate in the area is a low power TV station and is not eligible
for Must Carry These channels are not yet available to subscribers.(ANON)
- Looks like a slate on the state of Dallas locals availability nation wide is being prepared. "Info" Channels 8399 and 8412 are now being uplinked to transponder 1 at 110°.
- Once again all the Muzak channels are being mirrored on channels 9820-9881. These mirrors are not visible to subscribers at this time. (ANON) This is in preparation for the Sirius
Music Channels coming some time this late spring or summer.
- ETC 4, a test channel has been added to channel 9984. It is not available to mere mortals either. (ANON)
- UPDATE: ETC4 is now testing Nicktoons. This channel will be moved to channel 178 next week. (ANON) It is not available to subscribers until 4/14/04.
- KAWE secondary PBS channel 22 in the Minneapolis TV market is now being uplinked to transponder 22 at 61.5°. It is not
yet available to subscribers.
- WCVW secondary PBS affiliate in Richmond, VA is now being uplinked to channel 9392 transponder 7 at 105°. It is not available to subscribers at this time. (ANON)
- Two Columbia, MO area TV stations (7451 and 7457) have returned to "testing". (ANON) This means that there is some sort of technical or contractual issue with these stations. At this point only 2 stations in the area are in the subscriber system. So do not expect launch any
- TEJA, a Telugu language channel 802 at 121° is now available in free preview mode. (ANON)
- Announced on the 4/6/04 Retailer Chat that the three remaining QPSK High Def. Channels will be converted to 8PSK on 4/14/04. Added notes to the HD Demo channel and CBS E&W HD channels on their "new" locations. (Post by Darkman on DBSTalk.com)
- The Rochester local channels have been turned over to the Subscriber Tier and are now "technically available". CSRs cannot yet take the orders, but the stations are ready.(ANON) The official launch date is 4/8/04. (DBSTalk.com
post by Darkman)
- Added Nick Toons to guide on 178. This channel is not yet uplinked, but it was announced on the Retailer Chat today that this is the channel it will inhabit starting 4/14/04 (Post by Darkman on DBSTalk.com)
- Teja TV channel 802 has also been moved over to the subscriber system but remains "hidden". (ANON) Speculation is that this channel will become available on channel 802 at the 121° location later this week.
4/1/04 (No Foolin')
- A very weird test is going on at channel 930. There are currently 2 channel 930s coming from 119°. One is visible to subscribers as the normal Piano and guitar. The other channel 930 is not visible to subscribers and is currently the 70s music channel mirrored from channel 934. (ANON) There are several reasons why the same channel number could be used for different channels simultaneously. Sirius music channels are coming soon to replace the Muzak channels. However,
Muzak has a long term contract with Dish. A test of the Muzak audio channels in the 9800 range lasted less than a day. So it could be that Muzak is going to be left on the same channel numbers and Sirius channels reuse the same numbers. Only business subs get Muzak. Only residential subs get Sirius. This is just a guess on my part (TNGTony). (ANON) seems to think it may be to have less channels for sports alternate channels.
- Fargo, ND locals added to channels 7412 to 7418. (ANON). This includes ABC CBS NBC Fox UPN and PBS. These channels are not yet available to subscribers
- Lincoln, NE local ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS are now available to subscribers on channels 7550-7556 from the 105° satellite.
- Major League Baseball Extra Innings (MLB IE) channels are now visible in the EPG to all subscribers on channels 625-639
- WPXM Miami Pax affiliate (8843) is now available to local
- WPXP West Palm Beach Pax affiliate (8871) is now available to local subscribers. (ANON)
- KCDT secondary PBS affiliate in the Spokane TV market (9178) is now available to local subscribers. (ANON)
- Channel 537 "HERE" PPV is now available to all subscribers. (ANON)
- KMPX TV 29 (which was Daystar and now is a Spanish Independent) has been added to channel 8413 on transponder 8 at 148° (This channel is not yet available to subscribers)
147 ESPN alternate 3 has been completely removed. (ANON)
- Hidden info channels 240, 250 have been removed from the EPG (ANON)
- Hidden info channel 258 moved from transponder 26 to 29 at 110°
- Sports Alternate 5 has been added for the baseball/basketball/hockey overlap season on channel 449 (ANON)
- Channel 470 moved from transponder 26 to 8 at 61.5° and 9 to 15 at 148° (ANON)
- Channel 533 moved from transponder 10 to 8 at 61.5° and 3 to 15 at 148° (ANON)
- Channel 580 moved
from transponder 14 to 8 at 61.5° and 7 to 17 at 148° (ANON)
- Channel 621 moved from transponder 16 to 26 at 61.5° (ANON)
- WPCB TV 40 Pittsburgh (channel 8137) moved from transponder 8 to 30 at 61.5°.
- WNPB TV 24 Morgantown, WV (Pittsburgh TV market) moved from transponder 8 at 61.5° to transponder 2 spot 10 at 110°.(ANON) (SQEEEEEEEEZE that baby in there.) This channel is not yet available to subscribers.
- All the Austin, TX locals 8250-8258 moved from transponder 8 spot 6 at
110° to transponder 7 spot 10 at 119° (ANON)
- WCVN Covington, KY, secondary PBS in the Cincinnati market moved from transponder 8 at 61.5 to transponder 8 spot 10 at 110° (ANON) (SHHHHHOVE another one in!) HEY CHARLIE, WHERE'S WBQC UPN IN CINCINNATI! YOU TOLD ME THERE WASN"T ENOUGH ROOM ON THE BEAM!!!!! LOOKS LIKE THERE WAS ENOUGH ROOM FOR TWO CHANNELS SO FAR!
- WEAO TV 49 PBS secondary affiliate (8520) and WQHS Univision (8521) in the Cleveland market have
moved from transponder 8 to 2 at 61.5°. (ANON)
- WXPX 66 Pax in the Tampa market (8703) has moved from transponder 10 to transponder 2 on spot 12 at 110° (ANON)
- WLRN 17 and WDLP 22 (8841 and 8842) in the Miami TV market have moved from transponder 8 at 61.5 o transponder 1 spot 15 at 119° (ANON)
- WRXY TV 49 in Ft. Myers has moved from transponder 2 at 61.5° to transponder 10 sport 12 at 110° (ANON)
- Business TV channel 9622 moved from transponder 10 to 8 at 61.5° and from 3 to
15 at 148°
- Hidden channels "RSSM" and "CSSM" were added to transponder 2 at 148° on channels 9988 and 9989 respectively.
- Geo TV is no longer in free preview mode as of midnight tonight. Channels 620 (at 61.5° and 148°) and 745 (at 121°). (ANON)
- MBIAF has been added to channel 748. at 121°. It is not available to subscribers yet. MBIAF is theorized to be MBI Africa. This is a relatively new service. The web page "minaj.net"
is still under construction. Norton's anti virus reads the pages as containing the W32.Nimda.A@mm virus. So enter that web address at your own risk.
- The Lincoln Fox has been removed from the subscriber tier. This is a Hill Broadcasting station (Not McGraw-Hill). It is unknown if there is a technical issue or if it is a retransmission consent issue at this time. The NBC affiliate has been added to the subscriber tier today. (ANON) The secondary ABC affiliate is a Pappas station so don't expect this channel to be added any time soon. The Lincoln locals are in the 7550-7557 channel range. As a reminder, Lincoln,
NE locals are not available to subscribers at this time.
- ESPN Alternate 3 was removed from the subscriber's EPG today (ANON). This channel and ESPN Alternate 4 only show up during tournament season. This channel is still there, but not visible to subscribers at 147. It is a mirror of channel 464.
- WOW channel 196 is no longer showing free locals preview information to Harlingen/Brownsville/McAllen subscribers. The channel is no longer in the EPG for any subscribers. (ANON)
- Lincoln, Nebraska ABC, CBS, Fox and PBS stations
(7550-7556) have been turned over to the subscriber system at the 105° location. (Post on DBSTalk.com) This is usually a prelude to the channels becoming available to subscribers later in the week (usually Thursday Morning at 6am EST. They are NOT YET AVAILABLE to subscribers. Most CSRs will not have any information about this either.
- Same goes for Columbia, Missouri (7450-7457 at 105°). This market's ABC, CBS, NBC PBS and Religious Independent have been turned over to the
subscriber system as well. (Post on DBSTalk.com)
- ESP4A, an ESPN alternate channel used to cover the tournament games has been removed from channel 148 (ANON)
- TLC is now mirrored on channel 183. Channel 178 now says "Moving to 183 4/12". (ANON) (Larry) Channel 178 will eventually house NickToons
- Channel 465 (Sports PPV) has been removed from 110° transponder 27--this is the same channel that was mirrored on channel 148.
- The recently freed up space from 110° transponder 27 was immediately used to house HERE
on channel 537. No additional information on this channel is available at this time. (ANON)
- Teja TV, a Sun Network Telugu language (India) movie channel, is now being uplinked to transponder 6 at 121°. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- KTEL TV 25 Carlsbad, NM (KTEL-LP 53 Albuquerque) is uplinked to tp 25 at 148° again! (ANON) This channel was originally uplinked there on January 2002 and made available to subscribers. In Oct 16, 2002 the channel was removed
from the satellite. It has been MIA until today. It is not yet available to subscribers.
- Topeka, KS Locals are now being uplinked to 105° transponder 6 on channels 7391-7397. This includes ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS and the low power Fox affiliate. (ANON) (Would be nice if Dish treated the UPN affiliate in Cincinnati the same way!). These channels are not yet available to subscribers
- El Paso locals are now uplinked to 105° transponder 6 on channels 7583-7894.
(ANON). There are a SLEW of channels in this market. None of the Mexican stations qualify for Must carry, however, the channels uplinked include ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, 2 PBS (El Paso & Las Cruses, NM), Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura and a religious independent. These channels are not yet available to subscribers.
- CBS HD channels 9483 and 9484 moved from transponder 24 at 105° to transponders 20 and 13 at 61.5° and 148° respectively. (ANON) These channels are currently in the
QPSK format, but they are expected to change to the 8PSK encoding scheme soon. This means that 5000 upgrade and 6000 receivers without the 8PSK cards will not be able to see these channels soon.
- CBS HD channels 9453 and 9454 are "moving" to channels 9483 and 9484 respectively. (ANON) This is part of the transition from QPSK to 8PSK.
- BTV Channel 9612 is moved from transponder 23 to 25 at 110°
- Ary Digital (Channel 621 at 61.5° & 148° and channel 746 at 121°) is
now in free preview mode. (ANON) This is an Urdu language channel.
- Ary One World (Channel 747 at 121°) is now in free preview mode. (ANON) This is an Urdu/English news channel.
- KRVU-LP UPN affiliate in the Chico-Redding TV market is now available to local subscribers on channel 9085. (ANON) Must be nice! The local UPN in Cincinnati gets no respect! Come on Dish! WBQC add it to channel 8355!
- The Men's Channel (218) and Stuff(it) TV (223) are now FTA (available
to all who have a Dish receiver regardless of subscription level.) (ANON)
- The mirrors of all the Muzak channels in the 9800 range was removed today (ANON)
- MLB Extra Innings Package was announced today for Dish Network! The package will sell for $149 (or three payments of $49.67/mo) for the full season until opening day, then it will sell for $169. There will be a free preview from April 5-11. The channels are still not visible on the EPG so they remain (1) for now. But they are officially coming 4/5/04. Go HERE
for official info.
3/17/04 (St. Patrick's Day)
- The Lincoln, NE area locals are now at 105°. They are still also reported at 148° so they are listed twice on channels 7550-7557 (ANON)
- Duluth, MN/Superior Wisconsin ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS affiliates are now uplinked to 110° great plains spot (7) transponders 2 and 8 on channels 7574-7580 (ANON). This is the first market to break convention of starting locals on channel xxx5 or xxx0.
- Rochester, NY locals are now uplinked to 121° transponder 11 on channels 7634-7640 (ANON)
These channels are not vailable to subscribers.
- The temporary distant CBS stations from Denver and Chicago (8199/8489) used during the recent Viacom scuffle have been removed from the system. (ANON) These channels are not available to subscribers.
- WPXM TV 35 (Pax) Miami is now being uplinked to transponder 3 spot 15 along with the rest of the Miami "major" locals on channel 8843 (ANON) not yet available to subscribers.
- WPXP TV 67 (Pax) West Palm Beach, FL market is now being
uplinked to transponder 1 spot 15 along with the rest of the WPB locals on channel 8871 (ANON) not yet available to subscribers.
- The Muzak audio channels channels are now being mirrored on channel 9820-9881. Channel 980 (CD31 or BYU Radio) is the only audio only channels from the 900 range that has not been moved. These channels are not available to subscribers. (ANON)
- South Bend local channels (CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and LeSea) are now available to subscribers for $4.99
a month on channels 7091-7097. (ANON) ABC affiliate from Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, NY or Denver are available to about 50% of the TV market for an additional $1.50 each (2 Maximum).
- WLFG TV in the Bristol area is now available to local subscribers on channel 7622 (ANON).
- Channels 240, 250, 7999 and 9399 are now showing satellite tax info for Kentucky and Arizona residents. Both those states' legislatures have proposed a satellite only tax. Channel 240 now has the EPG name of TXINF.
The other three channels retained their old name (ANON)
- Okay...NOW Fuse, Toon Disney and WAM are off the free preview mode.
- WGBA NBC and WACY UPN are now available as part of the Green Bay local package. (ANON)
- Looks like channels 625-639 (listed as MLB Extra Inning) will be changing satellite and transponders every day just like the NBA and NHL channels. In order to maintain the accuracy of the chart and consistency with the other sports packages, the black backround with the three asterisks have been placed on the satellite, transponder and sat location columns. Channels 625-639 are mirrors of the RSNs (400 block) and SKDL channels (9910 block). (ANON)
- Fuse is no longer in free preview
mode. It went into free preview mode during the Viacom scuffle (ANON)
- Toon Disney is no longer in free preview mode. (ANON)
- WAM is not supposed to be in Free Preview mode any longer (ANON), however there are reports that some are still receiving the channel in AT120. WAM is an AT180 channel.
- Update....the three channels listed above ARE STILL in free preview mode. Apparently the free preview mode is set to end Sunday sometime. (ANON)
The Viacom Dispute is now over!!!! As of 1AM Eastern, all the viacom and CBS channels are back!
- Removed all the Viacom dispute info from Comedy Central, MTV, MTV2, MTV Esnañol, Noggin, Nick, Nick W, Nick Gas, BET and 15 CBS affiliates.
- Channels 8001 (KCBS) moved from transponder 4 back to its "real" transponder at 15 on 119° (ANON)
- WWJ-TV62 8031 moved from Tp 15 at 110 to Tp 10s10 Ohio Beam at 110 (ANON))
- WCBS-TV2 8101 moved from Tp 18 at 119 to Tp 20 at 119 (ANON)
- KCNC-TV4 8201 moved from Tp 15 at 110 to Tp 14 at 110 (ANON)
- WBBM-TV2 8491 moved from
Tp 1 at 110 to Tp 20 at 110 (ANON)
- Channel 196 is now an info channel for a free preview of the Harlingen/Brownsville/McAllen, TX local channels. (ANON)
- I had inadvertently listed channel 9085 (Low Power UPN in Chico) as available to local Chico-Redding subscribers complete with mandatory rant about low power UPN being available somewhere other than Cincinnati (WBQC is still not available here wither). It is NOT available. It is uplinked to the same transponder, spot and satellite
as the other Chico locals (one step better than WBQC here in Cinci) but it is still in testing. Sorry for the misinformation. (TNGTony)
- Channels 625-639 became active today with the EPG name "MLB". (ANON).
- Reports at www.satelliteguys.us and www.dbstalk.com (Scott would point out that he was first with the news at satelliteguys) say that this will be the Major League Baseball Extra Innings package. Though all evidence points to this being true. DO NOT expect an MLB IE package until the day it is officially announced!!!!
It would not be the first time that Dish put up channels in the EPG in test mode EXPECTING a deal only to have it fall thought. NYC customers would be saddened to know that the YES network was uplinked to channel 411 two years ago just before Dish and YES announced that a contract was impossible. (TNGTony)I inadvertently missed listing WJZ Baltimore CBS in the Viacom Dispute. Added the appropriate note to this channel. (Stephen)
- TV Columbia has been listed in red on this chart even
though it has been available for a month! Sorry for the oversight. Corrected the listing of channel 841 (Stephen)
- This could be a sigh of good things to come...MTV2, VH1, Noggin, Nick GAS and MTV Español which were yanked from the EPG at 3AM Tuesday morning are all now back in the EPG though they still have the Viacom dispute info screen. (ANON/Joel)
- GEO TV, an Urdu language channel (Pakistan) is now available in free preview mode to all subscribers on channel 620 at 148° and
61.5° and channel 745 at 121°. (Wade/ANON)
- Something I did not mention yesterday...Fuse, Toon Disney and WAM are in free preview mode for all customers. Reports that even non-subscribers can now see WAM.
- Channel 621 now has Ary Digital UK at 61.5° and 148° and channel 746 at 121°. This is an Urdu channel. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Ary One World is now uplinked to channel 747 at 121°. This is an Urdu and English language channel according to a news
story in "Gulf News". It is not yet available to subscribers (ANON)
- Channel 7655 KRGV ABC Harlingen/Brownsville/McAllen was placed on the subscriber tier. Just in time. (ANON)
- Brownsville local channels now available to subscribers (3/10/04) as of 6 pm. ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Telemundo and Univision. Fox from NYC, Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and LA (max 2) available to most subscribers in this DMA for $1.50 each.
- Spirit TV is now available on Sky
Angel channel 9707. (ANON) Listening to this channel as I type. It is an extremely great blend of rock, jazz, soul, (tamed) hip-hop, and contemporary music with a Christian theme that will not smother you! It is also commercial free and according to the VJ, it's going to stay that way. Great Channel ....Okay right now they are in a boy-band,/girl-band stint, but overall for the last 3 hours it's been great! (TNGTony)
- Radio Maria Spanish (Channel 655) left 61.5° completely.
It also changed names at 148° from RMSPA to RMSP2. The content appears to be the same (ANON)
- Channels 196 and 197 have been returned to "hidden" status and no longer have free preview info about several local markets. (ANON)
- The Viacom Dispute hit the fan at 3am Eastern (Midnight Pacific). Stations labeled Viacom Dispute are not available to subscribers at this time. See Echostar's press release http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=dish&script=410&layout=-6&item_id=503189
- At 3am on the dot the following channels went to a slate telling people everything about the Viacom
Dispute: 107, 124, 160, 162, 169, 170, 171
- VHI Classic no longer in the EPG (163)
- Noggin No longer in the EPG (169)
- MTV 2 No longer in EPG (161)
- Nick GAS no longer in EPG (177)
- Some reports CBS East and West 243 and 244 no longer in the EPG...personally verify that CBS W is gone from my guide CBS E is still there
- WCBS and KCBS at 8101 and 8001 now have "info screens".
- MTV Español no longer in EPG
- KCBS-TV2 8001 moved from Tp
15 at 119 to Tp 4 at 119 (ANON)
- WWJ-TV62 8031 moved from Tp 10s10 Ohio Beam at 110 to Tp 15 at 110 (ANON)
- WCBS-TV2 8101 moved from Tp 20 at 119 to Tp 18 at 119 (ANON)
- KCNC-TV4 8201 moved from Tp 14 at 110 to Tp 15 at 110 (ANON)
- WBBM-TV2 8491 moved from Tp 20 at 110 to Tp 1 at 110 (ANON)
- Channel 8489 which is WBBM Chicago is now available to all distant network CBS subscribers but it is not available to Local Chicago
- Channel 8199 which is KCNC Denver is now available to all distant network CBS subscribers but it is not available to Local Chicago subs. (ANON)
- The UPN channels listed as "Viacom Dispute" were actually not actually part of the dispute. Removed the notation. (ANON)
- I had incorrectly stated that KLSB in the Tyler area was changing call letters to KYTV. It should have been KYTX. (Joe)
- Added a web site link for KHGI in Lincoln, NE. (Joe)
- Looks like it might hit the fan tonight folks. At Midnight Pacific time the Viacom stations including 15 CBS affiliates in the LOCAL ONLY services may be removed. Information will be update here as it becomes available.
- Now for some good news, Harlingen/Brownsville/McAllen CBS, NBC, PBS, Univision and Telemundo affiliates (7656-7663) were turned over to the customer tier. This is usually the precursor to the market becoming available to subscribers on Wednesday night
or Thursday morning. (ANON) No word on the ABC station or the Fox situation. (ANON)
- GEO TV, an Urdu language TV station had been turned over to the customer tier and is "technically available" to subscribers on channel 620 at 148° and 61.5°, and channel 745 at 121°
- Removed the (1) footnote off of channels 9421-9424. This footnote should have been removed months ago when the HD Pack became available at 110° to subscribers. Thanks to Anthony for bringing this to my attention.
- Removed the question marks after the transponder info on the Tyler Market TV stations (8880 range). The information has been verified. They are being broadcast from 110° transponder 10 spot 8. (ANON)
- Added Web link to KCDT (9178). (ANON)
- Channel 101 has changed names today from HELP (Dish Network 101) to DNFYI (Dish Network FYI). The content appears to be unchanged at the moment. (ANON/Larry/Joel)
- Channel 7658 which is the location for Fox in Halingen/Brownsville/McAllen, TX no longer has KABB Fox San Antonio mirrored there. (ANON) The call letter listings are on the chanrt, but the satellite info has been removed. The footnote has been changed from 1 to 9
- World Harvest TV is no longer being uplinked
to channel 9719. (ANON)
- Spirit TV is now uplinked to channel 9706 but is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Pulse Radio is no longer available on Sky Angel channel 9752. (ANON)
- God Listens Radio (KSBJ FM 89.3 Humble, TX--Houston Radio Market) is now available to all Sky Angel subscribers. (ANON)
- KCDT TV 26 PBS Coeur d'Alene, ID is now being uplinked to channel 9178 on transponder 27 at 148°. (ANON)
- KAWE TV PBS Bemidji,
which has a spot reserved on channel 8583, has been announced as "coming soon" to Dish by station personnel in "official" press release form. No word from Dish. Added a "coming soon" tag to the notes. (TonyM)
- Added another "rumored" coming soon channel to 8881. This is KLSB TV 19 Nacogdoches, TX. It is now a duplicate NBC affiliate, but it will soon be a CBS affiliate, under new ownership and eligible for must carry. It will also be changing
call letters to KYTX.
- South Bend, IN local CBS, Fox and LeSea locals have been turned over to the subscriber system.(ANON) It is unknown when exactly this happened, but this is the tell-tale sign that South Bend is going to be launched this Thursday morning. The local ABC is a low power station and not eligible for Must Carry . It is unknown why the Fox and PBS affiliates haven't been "turned on" and become "technically available" yet.
2/29/04 (Leaping today)
- Changed footnote 10 to reflect some new information. Channel 9950 which is the "you need a second dish to get this channel" channel is never supposed to show on receivers' EPG's on 9950. Instead it is supposed to be mirrored on local channels that require a second dish for reception. However, it has been reported that channel 9950 is visible on that channel number on unactivated 322 and 522 receiver. Once they are activated, they no longer show this channel on 9950. (A.J.E.)
is rumored and there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that World Harvest TV (9719) and Pulse Radio (9752) will be removed soon to make room for Spirit TV and a new radio channel. (JG) This is still a rumor, but a very good one.
- Green Bay local ABC, CBS, Fox, WB and PBS are now officially available to subscribers using a SuperDISH 121.
- Sí TV is now available to all AT120 and higher subscribers on channel 159 or 874 for Dish Latino 2 and higher subscribers.
- Geo TV, an Urdu language channel (Pakistan) ihas been uplinked and s now currently testing on channel 620 at 148 TP 19, 61.5° at tp. 19 and on channel 745 at 121° on tp 6. (ANON)
- Latin Styles and Fiesta Mexicana music channels are now being mirrored to channels 5500 and 6500. The guess is that this is a test for when the Serious music channels are added
to Dish's AT120 and higher later this year. These two channels are not available on any Dish receiver, but they are available FTA on any MPEG FTA Receiver (ANON)
- Harlingen/McAllen/Brownsville, TX locals are now being uplinked to 110 and 119 on channels 7655-7663. ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Univision and Telemundo locals are uplinked. It also looks like Dish is planning to import San Antonio's Fox station. Currently the SA Fox station is mirrored in the channel number for the area's Fox
affiliate. (ANON) The area's for Station is licensed to Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico and does not qualify for Must Carry. The same goes for the local UPN. XHHUPN is licensed to Matamoros, Mexico whish is right across the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo from Brownsville. There is no local WB affiliate
- Chico/Redding, Ca now has a UPN affiliate. Low Power UPN affiliate KRVU 21 is now available to local subscribers on channel 9085 from transponder 5 spot 4 at
119°. (ANON)....[mandatory rant] MUST BE NICE! WHERE THE HELL IS WBQC-CA IN CINCINNATI???? DISH IS STILL THE ONLY MULTI-CHANNEL CARRIER IN THE CITY THAT DOESN'T CARRY THIS CHANNEL. EVEN DIRECTV CARRIES WBQC!!!! DISH HAS PROVEN IT WILL CARRY LOW POWER CHANNELS. WBQC IS A VERY REAL AND VIABLE CHANNEL IN THIS CITY. THE ONLY REASON IT HASN'T BEEN PICKED UP IS BECAUSE IT IS AN INDEPENDENTLY OWNED STATION AND UNLIKE THE SITUATION IN REDDING, A MAJOR NETWORK AFFILIATE CANNOT
HOLD ITSELF FOR RANSOM IN ORDER TO GET THE CHANNEL CARRIED IN THE CINCINNATI MARKET. [/end mandatory rant]
- The Quad Cities now have their CBS and WB affiliates available to local subscribers on channels 7601 and 7604 (Anon)
- Channel 9998 labeled PDG has been made available to specific subscribers. (Anon)
- Green Bay local ABC, CBS, Fox, WB and PBS (9330-9336) have been turned over to subscribers at 121°. NBC and UPN are apparently in a retransmission consent dispute with Dish (ANON). The independent station out of Fond du Lac is not uplinked at this time. Though the official launch date is 2/26, the 5 stations listed above are now "technically available" meaning that a careless CSR could activate them today.
- Looks like Milton Grant and Dish came to a retransmission consent agreement at least on the Fox stations. The Davenport area Fox (KLJB , 7603) and the Huntsville, AL Fox (WZDX, 9198) are now available to subscribers. (ANON)
- WHBF (CBS Davenport) Channel 760and the Milton Grant owned (well the holding company owned by Milton Grant) WB are not yet available to subscribers. Rumor has it that they should both be on shortly.
- MBC the Arabic channel that has been in free preview mode
for MONTHS now at 61.5° and 148° is now available in free preview mode at 121° as well on channel768 (ANON)
- WHBF (7601) CBS in the Quad Cities is reported to be having technical difficulties getting signal to Dish. It should be up and running sometime Friday afternoon if all goes well. (ANON, JLP)
- The Fox and WB affiliates have reportedly come to an understanding with Dish and should be up sometime Friday if all goes as planned. (ANON)
- Channel 240 which was showing Satellite Tax info for Utah subscribers has been removed from subscriber EPGs. The channel is still there and uplinked, but not visible to mere mortals. (ANON)
- With the exception of channels 753 and 755 the foreign language channels at 121 (680-816) are now visible in the EPG to anyone with a 121° SuperDish. The channels themselves are only visible with a subscription to the corresponding package. (ANON). Channels 753 and 755 (Farsi) are visible
in the EPG ONLY with a subscription to the package at this time (ANON)
- Update...ANON informs me that channels 753 and 755 have been visible in the EPG for quite some time now. The reason their status didn't change tonight was because it had changed some time back. Sorry for the confusion.
- Rotana Music channel (769) which has been in perpetual freeview mode at 121° showed a "technical Difficulties screen all day yesterday and today has been removed from the system all
- KPRV TV in Roswell, NM (Albuquerque Market) is now available on channel 8823 at 148°. Anyone who wants this channel in the Albuquerque market that has local channels through Dish is entitled BY LAW to a free dish, installation and equipment necessary to get this channel. Call 1-800-333-DISH. If any CSR tries to talk you out of it, insist on it and then contact the FCC to report their transgression.
- WHBF channel 7601 has been removed from the subscriber tier.
No info available as to why. (ANON) However according to Dish Network's address broker, this station along with ABC, NBC and PBS in the Davenport/Moline/Rock Island/and... ...drumrolllllll.... Bettendorf, IA (Quad Cities) TV market are now available to subscribers using a SuperDISH 105°. (7600-7607) (4th City name info thanks to about 4 dozen e-mails...the first two TonyM and JimD...thanks all!)
- Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson, TN/VA (Tri-Cities) (JoeR) locals are sow available with a SuperDish
105° (sort of). Three whole stations will be part of the package at $4.99 today. These are the CBS, NBC and Fox affiliates. No ABC nor either PBS station at this time. This is according to the address broaker on Dish's web site. The Tri-Cities locals are on channels 7615-7617
- The following channels should have been listed as requireing 8PSK technology (not visible to the 5000 HD upgrade receiver) for some time: 9428, 9456, 9460, 9466 and 9467. (ANON)
9430 and 9440 (HBO and Showtime HD at 148° went to 8PSK encoding today. (ANON)
- Looks like Dish is getting ready to launch 7 cities' locals on Wednesday....wellll....that would be the "Quad Cities" (Davenport, IA/Rock Island/Moline, IL/whatever the 4th city's name is ) and the "Tri-Cities" (Bristol, VA/TN). This afternoon the ABC, CBS, NBC and Illinois PBS stations in Davenport became "technically available". (ANON) Also and CBS, NBC and Fox in Bristol became "technically available" as well. (ANON) This means that they could
be subscribed at any time by a CSR. Davenport is officially scheduled to launch on Thursday. Bristol does not have a firm date, but it looks like Thursday may be the day as well. Rumor has it that the Davenport Fox has reached a retrans agreement with Dish and will be on this Thursday, but that is unconfirmed
- Most of the foreign language channels at 121° became visible to subscribers of respective packages today (ANON). The following channels are now visible to specific subscribers:
680, 681, 698, 701-705, 718-720, 728, 729, 733-735, 738-741, 744, 758-768, 787-791, 795 and 814-816. Only subscribers can see these channels in the EPG and only if they have a dish pointing at 121°
- Channels 751 and 752 which were the 121° "mirrors" of the Israeli network and the BVN have disappeared from the system. (ANON)
- KHBS channel 40 in Ft. Smith is suffering from the yo-yo evect. It's up! it's down! It's up again, no now it's down. Reported by Mark that the back-up transmitter failed and the station is down again.
- From a post by Darkman at DBSTalk, I have added expected launch dates and retransmission consent info on the following cities. The information is from a retailer chat from today:
- Ft. Wayne, IN (7435-7442) is scheduled for Feb 12 on 121° without NBC.
- Davenport (Quad
Cities) (7600-7607) is scheduled for Feb 19 without Fox.
- Green Bay (9330-9336), FINALLY has a firm launch date. It is planned for Feb 26. They didn't say which year. As a little background...Green Bay's first rumored launch date was sometime in 2000. It has been uplinked to 3 different satellites on 4 different occasions. See previous history for details.
- Columbia, Mo; South Bend, IN; and Bristol (Tri-Cities) also have non-specified February target dates. Again...no
year was given. :-)
- Sí TV is on its way. This mostly English language channel aimed at the second generation Latino in the US (most of which speak very little Spanish) is slated to start 2/25 on channel 159 for AT 120 and up subscribers and channel 874 for all Dish Latino subs. (Darkman on DBSTalk.com)
- Update: Sí TV is now uplinked on transponder 4 at 119° (ANON)
- TV Colombia becomes available on Dish channel 841 later today to all Dish Latino subs. Usually about 5pm EST is the time new channels are activated.
- Update: TV Colombia is now available to all Dish Latino subscribers (ANON)
- A few channels shuffled around (ANON):
- SPORT 472 moved from Tp 4 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- SPORT 472 moved from Tp 17 at 148 to Tp 3 at 148
- PPV 511 moved from Tp 17 at 119 to Tp 18 at 119
- PPV 533 moved from Tp 16 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- PPV 533 moved from Tp 15 at 148 to Tp 3 at 148
- CRDEX 579 moved from Tp 16 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- CRDEX 579 moved from Tp 15 at 148 to
Tp 3 at 148
- WLMT-TV30 7170 moved from Tp 20 at 61.5 to Tp 12 at 61.5
- WHTN-TV39 8557 moved from Tp 20 at 61.5 to Tp 27 at 61.5
- WJFB-TV66 8560 moved from Tp 20 at 61.5 to Tp 27 at 61.5
- ARTS 9406 moved from Tp 16 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- ARTS 9406 moved from Tp 15 at 148 to Tp 3 at 148
- CRDEX 9458 moved from Tp 16 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- CRDEX 9458 moved from Tp 15 at 148 to
Tp 3 at 148
- BTV 9622 moved from Tp 4 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- BTV 9622 moved from Tp 17 at 148 to Tp 3 at 148
- DPOP 9680 moved from Tp 16 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- DPOP 9680 moved from Tp 15 at 148 to Tp 3 at 148
- TVU 9705 moved from Tp 32 at 61.5 to Tp 25 at 61.5
- GUARD 9707 moved from Tp 32 at 61.5 to Tp 25 at 61.5
- 3ABN 9710 moved from Tp 25 at 61.5 to Tp 32 at 61.5
9711 moved from Tp 32 at 61.5 to Tp 25 at 61.5
- CORNR 9712 moved from Tp 25 at 61.5 to Tp 32 at 61.5
- CLAND 9717 moved from Tp 32 at 61.5 to Tp 25 at 61.5
- WHT 9719 moved from Tp 25 at 61.5 to Tp 32 at 61.5
- GMT 9730 moved from Tp 25 at 61.5 to Tp 32 at 61.5
- LSTST 9987 moved from Tp 4 at 61.5 to Tp 8 at 61.5
- RSSM 9988 moved from Tp 4 at 61.5 to Tp 8 at 61.5
- CSSM 9989 moved from
Tp 4 at 61.5 to Tp 8 at 61.5
- SB119 9990 moved from Tp 4 at 61.5 to Tp 8 at 61.5
- ECC 9996 moved from Tp 16 at 61.5 to Tp 10 at 61.5
- ECC 9996 moved from Tp 15 at 148 to Tp 3 at 148
- Another Adult Channel is on its way. Private Blue is now being uplinked to channel 481 on transponder 26 at 110° (ANON)
- HBO HD and Showtime HD were removed from channels 9430 and 9440 at 61.5° as promised. HBO HD moved from transponder 3 to 17 at 148°. (ANON). The encoding scheem will change to the more efficient 8PSK system on 2/18/04.
- Channels 9988-9990 at 148° have been removed from transponder 17. They have been removed from the guide (ANON)
- Fort Wayne,
IN locals (7435-7442) INCLUDING WISE NBC are now available to Ft. Wayne local subscribers. Dish is using the NBC "DT" channel 19 however the signal is NOT in High Definition over Dish.
- Update: Dish is now using the analog channel for WISE. 33
- Channel 9900 has been on transponder 1 at 110° since at least June 2003. (ANON) Changed listing.
- KHBS TV 40 Ft. Smith, AR is reportedly back on line and available to Dish subscribers (Anon)
- Fox Sports World and Tech TV are currently mirrored on Dish Latino channels 890 and 877 respectively apparently for Dish Latino subscribers. The mirror channel numbers are not visible to subscribers at this time. (Post from Justalurker on DBSTalk.com
- Ft. Wayne local ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS and Ind channels (7435-7442) have moved over to the subscriber system at 121° (ANON) and are "technically available". CSRs can activate these channels as soon as they are officially launched
2/12. Unknown if the reason the NBC affiliate hasn't been moved over is due to retransmission consent issues or technical issues.
- KHBS TV 40 (ABC) Ft. Smith is temporarily off the air due to a fire at the transmitter site. (Mark at DBSTalk.com)
- Fox Sports World and Tech TV are currently mirrored on Dish Latino channels 890 and 877 respectively apparently for Dish Latino subscribers. The mirror channel numbers are not visible to subscribers at this time. (Post from Justalurker on DBSTalk.com
- WKFT (8757) former religious independent TV station in the Raleigh TV market has been sold and changed its call letters to WUVC and become a Univision affiliate. This happened some time ago. (Stephen)
- Error corrections. Changed the channel numbers on TV Globo, Record Internacional and RTPI to the proper 800 range.
- Channel 240 showing Utah satellite tax info is apparently not available to all subscribers. However it is showing to Ohio subscribers. The guess is that it is showing to all subscribers in states there is a Satellite Tax.
- PPV Channel 538 has been renamed "$1.99" and is now the last chance PPV channel. (ANON, Mike R)
2/4/04 (another slow Wednesday)
- Bingo TV is here!!!! Aren't we all pleased? Channel 104 was activated today. Currently the EPG reads: "Play BingoTV Wednesdays 9-11pm ET" (ANON)
- ESPN Alternates 3 and 4 added again for the upcoming tournaments (Channels 147 and 148). As with last year, it is expected that only the "correct" feeds will be available to the "correct" regions. These channels are mirrors of two Sports PPV channels 464 and 465 (ANON)
- Channel 240 is
now available to all subscribers and showing a text screen with muzak explaining the pending sales tax repeal on satellite TV bills in the Utah Legislature. (ANON)
- Fantasy TV (492) is now available to all subscribers as a PPV channel. (ANON) This channel is for those that saw the Superbowl halftime show and thought that one just wasn't enough.
- WSFJ TV Pax 51 Newark/Columbus Ohio is now available to Columbus Locals subscribers on channel 7207. (ANON) This channel is also known as Guardian
TV and is available on Sky Angel nationally.
- The Quad Cities (I know of Davenport, Rock Island and Moline, but I have no clue what the 4th is) locals are now uplinked to 105° transponder 23 on channels 7600-7607. (ANON) Currently ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, WB, PBS (Illinois) and PBS (Iowa Public TV) are uplinked.
- Okay...NOW WKCF WB affiliate in Orlando is available to Orlando local subscribers on channel 8274. (ANON)
- Religious independent
channel KRPV in Roswell New Mexico is now uplinked to channel 8823 on transponder 25 at 148°. It is not yet available to local Albuquerque subscribers. (ANON)
- Business TV channels Channels 9630 and 31 which have been available in the EPG to select customers only at 121° are now showing in regular subscriber's EPGs. (ANON)
- HDTS channels 1, 2 and 3 (9963-9965) have moved from transponder 20 to transponder 31 at 148°. Transponder 31 has become an 8PSK transponder. Three HD channels
are currently testing there now. (ANON)
- Tapesh 1,a Farsi language channel, is now available in limited areas on an a la carte basis on channel 753. However, Tapesh 2 which was listed as uplinked to channel 754 has disappeared from 121°. Removed that from the grid.
- Lots of changes to the foreign language channels at 121° (ANON)
- Radio Maria Spanish is no longer listed at 679. Removed the listing.
- TV Japan no longer listed at 121°. Removed listing from channel
- Greek Channels moved from channels 726-8 to 718-720.
- Italian channels moved from 736 & 739 to channels 728 & 729
- French channels TV5 and RFI gone from 121°. Removed channels 722 and 723 from grid.
- Polish channels moved from channels 740-742 to 733-735
- Russian channels moved from 745-748 to 738-741
- Prime TV moved far away from the South Asian block to separate it. I guess there was a border dispute and the two blocks had to be separated.
Glad there isn't a Channel Kashmir. :-) Prime TV moved from 816 to 744
- Rotan, channel 769 is not now nor was it ever available to subscribers as far as I can tell. It is still testing.
- The South Asian channels were shuffled around a little bit. Zee TV, TV Asia, SET, ZCinema, B4U moved from 794-798 to 787-791. Sun TV moved from 787-795.
- The Portuguese channels moved from 905-907 to 814-816.
- Jumped the gun yesterday. I misread the e-mail from (ANON). WKCF is not yet available on Dish Network. A channel number and information for the channel was added. The channel is in the engineering mode and should be turned on shortly. Sorry for the misinformation
- Traverse City locals (7150-7157)(except CBS) are now "technically available" to subscribers. (ANON) This means that the CSRs now have access to them and could be turned on.
Generally this means that they will be launched within a day or two to subscribers. The Traverse City locals are on 121° and will require either a second 30" dish or a Super Dish to receive. Dish has generally provided the equipment necessary with a one year commitment to AT60 or Dish Latino and locals.
2/2/04 (Groundhog Day!)
- PBS You has been confirmed as part of DL2 and up, but not part of the base Dish Latino package. (ANON)
- HITN has been confirmed as part of Dish latino at 843 ONLY. Channel 9401 is visible to DL 2 and up as well as all AT packages. (ANON)
- The new DL2 and DLMax channels added in the 875-899 range are only available to the DL2/DLMax subscribers. The mirrors in the 100/200 range are only visible to America's Top (whatever) subscribers. (JohnC)
- Changed the package infromation
on the regional sports networks in the 400 range. They have been available as part of AT60 Plus for some time. They were still listed as requiring AT100(120). Also added Dish Latino Dos as another "minimum" package to get these channels.
- WKCF WB affiliate in Orlando (8274) was finally added to the locals package (ANON). This was the last of the Emmis TV stations Dish had been having a dispute with to be added for subscribers. The Pappas stations are the only other
major group Dish is having major problems with now.
- Okay, it's official. TONS of additions to the Dish Latino Dos (DL2) and Dish Latino Max (DL Max) packages. The channels in the 875-900 range are here to stay. Dish Latino Dos and Dish Latino Max have been expanded. The packages have been changed as follows:
- Bravo added to Dish Latino Dos and mirrored on channel 880
- WGN Superstation added to Dish Latino Dos and mirrored on channel 881
- Pax added to DL2 and mirrored on channel 882
- Lifetime Movie Network
added to DL2 and mirrored on channel 895
- Animal Planet added to DL2 and mirrored on channel 887
- Discovery Kids added to DL2 and mirrored on channel 888
- TLC added to DL2
- Lifetime moved down from DL Max to DL2
- Spike TV moved down from DL Max to DL2
- USA Network moved down from DL Max to DL2
- NASA TV moved down from DL Max to DL2
- ESPN moved down from DL Max to DL2
- MTV2 moved from DL Max to DL2
- Country Music TV not listed as available
on DL2. On my lists I had it as available but have not verified I was correct. It could have been an error in my listings. CMTV is part of DL Max.
- PBS You now appears to be part of Dish Latino on channel 9402. It is listed here as part of DL and DL Max, but not DL2. Since I'm not sure where the error is, I've listed it as available on DL until I see differently.
- The following
public interest channels have been added to DL2 moved down from DL Max: Research Channel, BYU TV, UWTV, Classic Arts Showcase, Colours, RFD TV, UCTV.
- Daystar and University House have been added to Dish Latino 2. Previously unavailable on any DL package.
- TBN is now available on DL2.
- Angel One is now listed as only being available on DL Max. Removed from DL2 unless I had it mislabeled.
- Tons and tons of shopping channels added! ACN, Auction, Catalog, TBFC, Men's
Stuff and Mall.
- All the stereo audio only music channels added to DL2.
- All the mono audio channels added to DL Max.
- The following channels have been added to Dish Latino Max in the 875-899 block: Black Entertainment TV, Do It Yourself Network, FX, SAP, BBC America, Wisdom, Discovery Health, National Geographic Channel, The Speed Channel, CNBC World, Bloomberg, Hallmark Channel, Fox Movies, The Movie Channel (West), The Movie Channel Xtra (West). It is unclear whether the DL
Max subscribers can see these channels in the lower "regular" channel numbers.
- Court TV is now available as part of the Dish Latino Max package.
- Game Show Network is now available as part of Dish Latino Max
- ABC Family is now available as part of DLMax
- Spirit TV added to channel 9706. It is coming to Sky Angel in March according to the Sky Angel web site. (ANON). This channel is not yet uplinked. An interesting development, the Dish web site
has Daystar listed as a Dish and a Sky Angel channel but only at 9408. Wild Speculation is that Sky Angel and Dish may be coming to an understanding. Dish can keep Sky Angel as long as it makes it available to Sky Angel subs. Sky Angel drops the channel and makes room for Spirit. Again that was wild speculation and has no basis in fact.
- HITN is now available as part of the Dish Latino Package on channel 843.
- Apparently TV Columbia is coming soon to Dish Latino on channel 841. A channel called TVCOL is uplinked to transponder 31 at 110° (ANON)
- It took longer than I thought. But ANON has now confirmed that WKCF WB affiliate in Tampa is now being uplinked to transponder 6 spot 12 at 110°. Emmis and Dish seem to have come to terms and this is the last major station still not available on Dish. Expect
it to be turned on within a week.
- Two new customer information channels (Card Exchange) have been added. They are available only to specified customers at 61.5° and 148° on channel 9458. (ANON)
- New Audio Channel Currently has Muzak. Looks like assigned to engineering data area. This is on channel 9998 at 110° tp 29
- Johnstown-Altoona locals are now available. (ANON) The package includes the big five according to the Dish Network web page. Cornerstone TV is not available
on this package at this time. However it is currently available on the Sky Angel package.
- Channel 196 now has information of the FREE PREVIEW of locals in Johnstown-Altoona. (ANON)
- The new shopping channels are here! [rant] This is what we've all been waiting for! Who needs Goodlife, Trio, PBS Kids, Oxygen, BET Jazz, Fine Living or other channels "no one" wants! We have Catalog TV now available to all subscribers on channel 216 and Auction
TV (showing more informercials) on channel 217. This brings the total "shopping channel" count to lucky 13! Dish can now offer America's Top Shopping channels package where you get paid to take it, but you HAVE to watch shopping channels 24/7. (for the humor impaired...that was a joke)[/rant]
- The Dish Latino package apparently how has what is thought to be a preview of all the channels currently not available on any Dish Latino package. That seems to be the only connection.
Channels 875-899 have the following channels now mirrored there and available to Dish Latino subs only: BET, DIY, FX, BBC America, Bravo, WGN Superstation, Pax, Wisdom, Discovery Health, National Geographic Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery Kids, Speed Channel, CNBC World, Bloomberg, Lifetime Movie Network, Hallmark (The MASH channel), Fox Movies, The Movie Channel west and TMC Xtra west. (ANON)
- Dish has updated the call sign on channel 7437 (Ft. Wayne NBC affiliate) from the old WKJG to the new
- Though I've had the correct listing for a while, Dish made it official today...Denver channel 8213 was called KTVJ has been changed to KTFD. (ANON)
- HITN will be come available as part of the Dish Latino and Dish Latino Dos packages on channel 843 on 2/1/04. Added note to channel.
- The following Cities have been announced as coming on Dish. Added appropriate notes:
- Johnstown-Altoona, PA (7465-7472) Coming Jan 29 with no Fox. (Dish 500)
- Traverse City, MI (7150-7157) Coming Feb 5. This is a reschedule from the previous release date of Jan 22. (Superdish)
- Ft. Wayne, IN (7435-7442) Coming Feb 12. (Superdish)
IN (Not yet uplinked) Coming Feb 19. (Superdish)
- Columbia-Jefferson, MO (7450-7457) PLANNED Feb 2004
- Green Bay, WI (9330-9336) PLANNED Feb 2004
- Juneau, AK (Not uplinked yet) PLANNED Feb 2004
South Bend, IN (7091-70-97) PLANNED Feb 2004. ABC situation unknown, but the Low Power local affiliate is not uplinked. Speculation...areas that qualify for distant nets will get ABC Chicago.
Tri-Cities (Bristol), VA/TN (7615-7622) PLANNED Feb 2004
- Channel One (755), a Farsi language channel is now available in a limited area for $14.99 a la carte from 121°. This channel requires a SuperDISH121.
- Grand Junction ABC affiliate (7565) is now available to local area subscribers. (ANON)
- KWCV (7054 Wichita, KS WB) is now being mapped to channel 5 instead of 33 on Dish Network receivers. (ANON)
- Grand Junction, Colorado Locals are now available to local area subscribers per Dish Network Web site. CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS are available now. Dish and the ABC affiliate reached a deal TODAY according to the channel 8 web site HERE. This is what it says:
"Good news for dish network consumers! You'll soon be able to watch KJCT TV 8 on satellite television. Echostar Communications will announce Thursday that dish network will carry KJCT TV 8 to Grand Junction area customers. KJCT reached the agreement with Echostar on January 21."
So the ABC affiliate should be available on Dish tomorrow. The Grand JCT. locals are on channel 7565-7571. This package requires a second 18" dish pointed at 148°. It does NOT use a superDISH.
- Radio Maria moved from channel 824 to channel 679 and from transponder 5 to 6 at 121°. It is not yet available to subscribers nor visible in the EPG. (ANON)
- PAK TV which was listed on channel 822 from 121° should have been listed on channel 816 instead. (ANON) This channel is
not yet visible to subscribers nor are they in the EPG.
- Classic Arts Showcase is now available to AT60, 120, 180, AEP and Dish Latino Max subscribers on channel 9406 from 61.5° and 148°.
- Dish Latino audio channels have moved from channels 874-879 to 819-824. They remain at 119°. Though some of the audio channels still remained mirrored and hidden on the 870 range, they have been removed from the chart since they will never be available to subscribers on these channel numbers again.
9401 now appears to be mirrored on channel 843 in the Dish Latino tier. It is not available to subscribers at this time and not visible in the EPG to anyone. (ANON)
- Looks like Dish is mirroring some channels in the 800 range. (ANON) They appear to be the AT180 channels that are not part of Dish Latino Max. Unknown what the real deal is here yet. The channels are as follows: BET 875, DIY 877, FX 878, BBC 879, BRAVO 880, WGN 881, PAX 882, WISDM 883, DHLTH 885, NTGEO 886,
ANIML 887, DKIDS 888, SPEED 891, CNBCW 892, BITV 893, LMN 895, HLMRK 896, FOXMO 897, TMC-W 898, TMCXW 899.. These channels are not yet visible to subscribers nor are they in the EPG.
- Globo, Record International and RTPI which were displaced at the 121° satellite from channels 816, 820 and 821 are now in a Portuguese block at 905, 906 and 907. (ANON) These channels are not yet visible to subscribers nor are they in the EPG.
- KTFF Telefutura Fresno (channel 8975) is now available to Fresno
area subscribers at 148°. (ANON) Anyone interested in this channel with Fresno locals can get a free Dish, installation and equipment necessary to receive 148° FOR FREE with no commitments, minimums or anything by order of the FCC. You can call Dish at 1-800-333-DISH
- DHELP, a Data channel is now on channel 9595. (ANON) This channel is not yet available to subscribers.
- Farsi channels Tapesh 1 & 2 and channel one (channels 753, 4 and 5 respectively) have moved to the Subscriber tier. No package information at this time. However the channels are NOT visible in the EPG unless you are a subscriber. (ANON)
- It seems as if Lincoln, NE is the second "mystery city" found at 148° last week. Channels 7550-7554 have been reported on Lyngsat.com as being uplinked on 148°. One of the channels is most likely misreported as being on 7554, but it's actually 7556. The channel listed on 7557 is an educated guess. Unlike the other duplicate networks in the market, the two ABC affiliates are owned by two different companies: Pappas and Citadel.
- Traverse City locals (7150-7156)
have moved back to 121° transponder 1 from 61.5° transponder 4. (ANON).
- Channels 472, 9430, 9622, 9987, 9988, 9989 and 9990 have moved from transponder 28 to transponder 4 at 61.5°. (ANON)
- The Dish Latino audio channels that are on channels 874-879 are moving to channels 819-824 on Jan 21. It is not yet clear what is happening to the channels listed in the same numbers at 121° (Radio Maria Spanish, TV Globo, Record International and Prime TV)
- Two new shopping channels are coming our way! Who needs GoodlifeTV, Ovation, Trio, Nicktoons, PBS Kids, Oxygen, B-Mania and other entertainment channels? We're getting Catalog TV on channel 216 transponder 26 at 110°, and Auction TV on channel 217 transponder 3 at 110°. Neither of these channels are available to subscribers yet. (ANON)
- The Men's Channel and Stuff(it) TV swapped channel numbers again. Stuff went from 218 to 221 and Men's went from 221 to 218.
Holiday Music Channel is gone for subscribers for the season. It should return two Wednesdays before Thanksgiving 2004. It is still uplinked,(ANON) but since it will not be available to subscribers for 11 months, it is being removed from the grid.
1/14/04 (Must be Wednesday!)
- Traverse City locals (7150-7156) look like they are moving to 61.5° transponder 4 from 121. (ANON) Looks like the third satellite uplink will do the trick. They are scheduled to launch next week.
- Channel 9425 (HD Event) has been removed for 61.5°. It has been made unavailable at 148° and soon to be removed (ANON) I have taken it off the list entirely since this channel will never be made available to the public again. HD Event is available at 110° in the 9400
- Three new international channels have been added to the list at 121° on channels 753-755. They are not yet available to subscribers. The three channels are in Farsi (that is the language spoken in Iran and vicinity). (ANON)
- One of the two "mystery cities" uplinked yesterday was Grand Junction, CO. This TV Market's 5 local channels were uplinked to 148° transponder 4 on channels 7565-7571. (ANON)
- Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City (better known as Tri-Cities)
have been uplinked to 105° transponder 2 on channels 7615-7622. (ANON)
- KTFF Telefutura in Fresno is now uplinked, but not yet available to subscribers on channel 8975 at 148° transponder 25. (ANON). This channel won a "Must Carry" dispute with Dish Network on 11/03. Dish has 75 days for the time this channel delivers a "good quality signal" to make the channel available to the subscribers in the area.
- Classic Arts Showcase is now uplinked to 148 and 61.5 on channel
9406. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Additional NHL Center Ice channels 553-558 have been turned on for subscribers. (ANON) It appears as if Dish will now offer dual feeds (home and away coverage) of games when available.
- Kairali TV, a Malayalam TV channel is now available to subscribers in select areas at 121° on channel 801. (ANON) Call Dish for details of areas.
- Spanish Language
PPV movies are now available on channel 861. (ANON) This channel is available to all Dish Network subscribers and is a mirror of channel 539.
- BTV channel 9631 has been turned on for specific subscribers. (ANON)
- Two new cities are about to be uplinked to 148° on channels 7550-7571...Channels and transponders active...no info yet on which channels (anon)
- Channels 240, 250, 7999 and 9399 are now showing a slate explaining the Viacom/CBS "cut off". This channel is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Added "coming 1/22/04" to the comment line for the Traverse City locals (7150-7156) and added "coming 1/29/04 to the Johnstown-Altoona locals (7465-7471) as announced
on the Charlie Chat last night.
- A new Arabic channel is apparently in free preview mode on 121°. Two reports 1) Rotana Musical Channel is now uplinked to channel 769 on transponder 20 (ANON). 2) It is reported that those with a subscribed Dish receiver and a dish pointing at 121° can see this channel right now. (ANON)
- KDTN channel 2 Denton, TX (Dallas market-8415) changed ownership today and affiliation from PBS to Daystar. (Greg)
- Confirmed multiple Anonymous reports
for locals...not added to the chart since they are not yet uplinked, but since many people get their news here, I thought I'd post it along with today's changes.
- Norfolk VA, Providence RI and New Orleans are now being planned (NOTE THE WORD PLANNED) for Summer 2004. Unknown as to which satellite location as right now plans are very fluid.
- Other locals planned soon (most of these are no surprise): Columbia-Jefferson City, Davenport-Moline, Duluth, Fargo, Ft Wayne,
El Paso, Grand Junction (1/22/04), Green Bay (Rumor, this month), Harlingen-Brownsville-McAllen (Possible Dish 500 city), Johnstown-Altoona (1/29), Juneau (Rumored this month for sure at 119°), Lincoln & Hastings/Kearney, Medford, Portland-Augusta, San Juan/Ponce/Caguas/Mayagüuez (Puerto Rico) (Definitely at 119° planned Spring but probably summer), South Bend, Topeka, Bristol (Tri Cities), Traverse City (1/22/04).
- Details at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/sdlocaldetail.htm
to the anonymous e-mailers. If you did not get a response from me it was because your e-mail bounced.
- Well, as if this channel list wasn't long enough, looks like Dish has received authority to use transponders 7 and 11 on the ailing Echostar 4 satellite now residing in it's fourth satellite location at 157°. (Previously E* 4 was used at 110°, 119° (back-up), and 148°). The following channels are being "mirrored" at 157° transponder 11: 133, 149, 167, 177, 185, 186, 307, 313, 314, 323, 836. On transponder 7, 8950-8956. (This
thread on DBSTalk, ANON, anon, and Lyngsat.com). Sorry the change is so late. My day job got in the way again. :-)
- Changed the "color of 157" from red to orange (the old 129° color). Since 129° is no longer in use I normally use red backgrounds with white letters to mean that something is "leaving". I decided to recycle the color and use it for 157°.
- Looks like the Men's Channel and Stuff(it) TV have swapped channels, satellites and transponders once again! Stuff went back to channel 218 from 221 and Men's went back to 221 from 218. (ANON)
- It has been confirmed that channels 9983 and 104 share the same video and audio stream. (Anon) Currently the EPG on channel 104 says: "Play Bingo TV Wednesdays 9-11PM ET"
- Channel 104 which was "WOW", a local markets preview info channel is now called BINGO. A new live Bingo TV channels where real prizes can be won. It is not yet available to subscribers. It is on now transponder 31 at 110. It is also a "mirror" of ETC3 on channel 9983 so no additional bandwidth is being used. (ANON)
- 6 new NHL Canter Ice channels (553-558) added to the grid. These channels do not show up on the EPG at this time and are not yet available
to subscribers (ANON)
- New South Asian channel added to 121° transponder 6. Kairali TV (Malayalam) is on channel 801. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- Channel 861 added to the grid. This is a mirror of channel 539 (PPV Movies in Spanish) that has been available off and on for some time. Channel 861 is not yet available to subscribers. The EPG name changed to ESPPV from PPV.
- KING TV 16 from Seattle is no longer being uplinked to channel 7049 on
the Alaska spot beam. This was part of the deal with the NBC affiliate in Anchorage. This is also needed to make room on the spot beam for Juneau locals.
- WMAV TV 18 (PBS Mississippi) is no longer uplinked to channel 7172 tp 14 at 110° (ANON) The listing is still on the grid, but channel number and sat info has been removed.
- Johnstown-Altoona, PA locals are now uplinked on 110° and 119° to channels 7465-7472. ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and Cornerstone. The UPN affiliate
is not mirrored here from the Pittsburgh market. There is no broadcast WB affiliate in this market. The channels are not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- KSMN (PBS), KPRY (ABC) and KABY (ABC) in the Sioux Falls, SD TV market which were uplinked (or had placeholders uplinked) on channel 9239-9241 are no longer uplinked to tp 12 at 148° (ANON). The listing remain on the chart, but the satellite info has been removed.
- Channels 218 and 221 (Stuff (it) TV and The Men's Channel)
swapped transponders, satellites and channel numbers. Men's went from ch 221 to 218 and Stuff (it) TV went from channel 218 to 221. (ANON)
- HBO and Showtime HD leaving 61.5° and 148 channel allocations on 2/11/04 and HD Event leaving 61.5° and 148° on 1/14/04. These channels are currently available at 110°.
- WEHT ABC Evansville channel 7365 is now available to subscribers (Anon)
- BingoTV added to channel 104 on the chart. It is not yet uplinked to the satellite, however it has been announced on the BINGO TV web site.
Changed all references to AT50, 100 and 150 to the new names which take effect on 2/1/04. The new package names are AT60, AT120 and AT180. Note that all of these packages already have at least 60, 120
and 180 channels respectively. DO NOT EXPECT NEW CHANNELS.
New Year's Day 2004 (HAPPY NEW YEAR!)
- And it is probably a happy new year to the 3 people who can actually get the Savannah locals right now. :-) The Savannah, Georgia Fox affiliate (WTGS channel 7483 ) is now available to local area subscribers. This took effect yesterday 12/31/03 at about 4pm. (ANON)
- Several Foreign Language new channels are now available at 121° There is a VERY LIMITED service area available for these channels based on zip code. It is unknown if this is because of SuperDish
availability or because of the footprint of the satellite. Here are the new channels available:
- CHINESE: ET Drama, ET China, ET Global, ET News, JET International and Yoyo TV (CH.682-688) These channels are only available as a package. The other 4 Chinese channels are in a separate packages and are mirrored on adjacent channels.
- SOUTH ASIAN: Gemini and Surya TV are now available on channels 799 & 800 A La Carte since they are Telugu and Malayalam channels
DISH Channel Chart