The Dish Network User's Resource
Archive of changes to the
Dish Channel Chart:
12/26/07 (Entered on 1/1/08)
- Channels 660 and 732 were renamed from RFI (Radio France International) to
CLEUR (Couleur France). on 12/26/07 (ANON). Couleur France has
live on line streams FOR FREE on their web site.
- UPDATE-Received the following from a "happy" ex-subscriber to Dish:
Your entry is not quite correct. This is not a renaming of the channel,
this is a change in the program being offered via Dish Network. RFI is a
public broadcaster owned by the French government, broadcasting from Paris. It
is a high-quality program of news and features. Couleur France is a
meager Web radio station, not based in Paris, that is little known and offers
weak program content. RFI was non-commercial. Couleur France has many
- National Geographic HD on channel 9429 moved from tp 2 to 22 at 61.5°.
It stayed put at 129°
- A changed that was put in the chart yesterday, but not entered in the
changes logs: KTBS channel 7015 moved from tp 27 spot 15 to tp 2
at 110°. (ANON) It may be showing a slate telling
subscribers the channel is no longer available due to retransmission consent
issues. The current retransmission consent contract ends at the end of
the year and the station is asking 30 cents a month per subscriber from Dish.
[personal opinion follows] Dish should agree to the a 50 cent per subscriber
charge as long as the station pays 1/6 of the POP, uplink, satellite,
personnel costs dish incurs by delivering this stations signal to the
population they are licensed to serve!
- WAPA America, a national version
of LIN TV's WAPA Channel 4 San Juan, PR is now uplinked on channel 842 on tp
19 at 110°. It is not available to subscribers. (ANON)
- RAI TV (601) is the next channel to show the dreaded "Important Service
Notice: This Channel Has Been Moved. Please Contact our DISH
Network representatives today ..." screen at 61.5° and 148°. (Greg) -
Channel 601 moved from tp 15 to 14 at 61.5° and from tp 24 to 7 at 148°.
- RAI TV has a temporary home on channel 5728 at 61.5° and 148° until the
complete transition. (ANON)
- NOTE: RAI TV has been available on channel 600 at 119° since
before the Dish Channel Chart was in existence (April 2000). It is
- Channel 250 INFO channel has been removed from the system (tp 15 at 119°).
This channel has been telling people about the NPS distant networks offer at
This channel is still available on 240 same tp info). (ANON)
- Channel 9395 SPIKV which was a mirror of Spike TV (168) with a slightly
different EPG has been removed from the system. (ANON)
- MAA TV, a Telugu channel is now available to subscribers on channel 811
from the 118° satellite (ANON) (there's a nice combo for us dyslexic types
- NT105, a Greek Radio channel is now available to subscribers on channel
914 at 61.5° and 118° (ANON)
- TVIET is now available to subscribers on channel 918 at 118°. (ANON)
(As of 2:40am 12/20, I have been unable to find any info on this channel.
- UPDATE: this channel is Thuan Viet, a Vietnamese language channel.
- Court TV (channel 204) will be changing its name to Tru TV (tag line:
Not reality. Actuallity) on January 1, 2008. The programming sill
morph slightly but will continue in the same vein. New web site is
HERE. This was announced back in June
and is being heavily advertised now. Added a note to the chart.
- Albuquerque, NM HD local channels 6324 (ABC) and 6325 (CBS) moved from tp
7 to 2 at 129°. Channels 6326 (NBC) and 6327 (Fox) moved from tp 7 to 18
at 129°. Transponder 7 has been removed from the Dish Network tables.
- Removed all the channels listed at 77° on the main chart. This was
done for two three reasons. 1)the information was outdated. It had
changed a couple of months ago and I never got to it. 2) This satellite
location is doing nothing more than mirroring many of the channel at 110° just
keeping E*4 warmed up. 3) This location is not supposed to be part of
the Dish Network service EVER. It is for a Mexican service that has not
launched yet. The only reason is was included was because E*4 which had
been used for Dish Network service at 148°, 157° (testing), 119° and 110°
ended up at 77°. There is also a little controversy going on as to what
is actually on that satellite. The listings on the 77° chart now
correspond to information I have received and agrees with Lyngsat.
However there are some that insist other channels are on that satellite.
12/12/07 (ANON / Raymie unless otherwise noted)
- Quite a few spot beams were lit up on E*12 at 61.5°. However they
are all test channels and unavailable to any legitimate subscribers at this
time. These channels will not be listed on this chart for now. The
last test only lasted a few days. If this test persists beyond that,
they will be added.
- The Biography channel has been calling itself "Bio" on all its promos and
commercials for a while now. Dish Network changed the EPG from BIOGR to
BIO on channel 119.
- International channels 653 ARANG, 657 ONGME, 658 BTN at 61.5° and 148°
were changed to a slate telling subscribers the channel is moving to 118° and
to call Dish Network to set up an installation.
- International Channels 728 RAI, 814 GLOBO, 816 RTPI at 121° were changed
to a slate telling subscribers the channel is moving to 118° and to call Dish
Network to set up an installation.
- All the international channels listed above were mirrored on channels
5720, 5727-5730 and 5739 at their old satellite locations temporarily with an
EPG telling the subscribers to call dish. They will be removed when the
move is complete.
- A new international radio channel NT105 was added to channel 914 on tp 14
at 61.5° and tp 30 at 118°. Not available to subscribers yet.
- International channel TVEIT was added to channel 918 on tp 3 at 118°.
Not available to subscribers yet.
- MT65, MT66 and MT67 (HD test channels) were added to 5415-5417 on tp 11 at
129°. Not available to subscribers.
- 5903 DRMT7 moved from tp 7 to 11 at 110°
- DRMT8, DRMT9 and DRM10 added to channels 5904-5906 at 110° tp 17, 16 and
- TEST3 on channel 7785 presumed to be WSTE or WORO in Puerto Rico waiting
for a retransmission consent contract to be signed, was removed from tp 25
spot 49 at 110°.
- Channel 9793 (MOVE3) which contains one of the slates for the moving
international channels has been added to tp 14 at 61.5° and 7 at 148°
- The content of the slate is as follows: "IMPORTANT SERVICE NOTICE: THIS
CHANNEL HAS BEEN MOVED. Please contact our DISH Network representatives
today at 1-888-255-5044 to avoid any further service interruption. Thank you
for your cooperation. DISH Network." (Anon)
- MPEG4 Test Channels 6940-6946 at 148° switched from audio test channels to
video test channels. And channels 6947-6949 were removed from the
system. (ANON) This makes 32 video test channels on at the same time on
one transponder. It is unknown if these are unique channels, but that is
12/5/07 (ANON / Raymie)
- Those who have been asking "Santa Charlie" to bring them some more HD
channels for Christmas may get their wish.
- USA Network HD uplinked BUT NOT YET AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS on channel
9431 tp 17 at 110°
- Sci-Fi Channel HD uplinked BUT NOT YET AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS on
channel 9432 tp 17 at 110°
- To make room for the new HD channels PPV channel 531 and 534 were moved
from tp 17 at 110° to tp 31 at 129°. There is no mirror at 61.5°
- Info channels added to channels 7039, 7048, 7769 and 7777 on tp 14 at
121°. These channels "book-end" the Erie and Providence locals telling
subscribers that these local markets are leaving 121° and to call Dish for new
equipment and installation.
- 35 MPEG 4 Test channels went up on transponder 2 at 148° on channels
6915-6949. 25 SD video and 10 audio channels on ONE transponder!
- New Free Preview Channels. Channel 281 went from Fuse to DIY and
channel 282 went from IMF to CNBC World.
- Channels 283-297 which were inactive (unavailable to subscribers) free
preview channels from a few cycles back were finally removed from the system.
- International channels 668 JSTV and 675 TV Japan were moved to tp 13 at
121° showing a slate telling the subscriber that this channel will no longer
be available at 121° Call Dish for new equipment and installation to
receive at 118°. TV Japan is now mirrored on channel 5726 tp 5 at 121°
until the transition is completed. JSTV subscribers are out of luck.
- Channels 5722 ZGUJ and 5724 KBS were removed from 121°. The "move"
to 118° is complete on these channels.
- Dish put the "Channel moving" slate on KBS on channel 9850 this
afternoon, but then returned the channel (moved to tp 3 then back to 15) at
121°. The guess is that Dish realized this was a Public Interest
Channel mandated by the FCC. Dish CANNOT remove the channel before the
end of the cycle.
- KBBC channel 20 (Ind) in Bishop, CA (Los Angeles TV Market) was uplinked
to channel 8024 on tp 3 spot 5 at 119°.
- Business TV HD channel 9651 was added to tp 2 at 121° and is now available
to select subscribers.
11/29/07 (Entered 12/2/07)
- MPEG 4 test channels 5708 and 5709 (RTST1 & 2) were removed from to 2 at
- Dish consolidated quite a few Sky Angel channels at 61.5°. The
following channels moved:
- From tp 32 to 25: Angel 2 (9702), KTV (9703), and all the radio channels
4KIDS (9750), OASIS (9751, LSTEN (9752), RADU (9753), CCM (9755), SACRD
(9771), NUEVA (9780), BOTT (9781)
- From tp 32 to 23: TLN (9714), GMC (9717)
- The Discovery Times channel (192) will be renamed Investigation Discovery
(I.D.) starting January 27, 2008. (Raymie). The New York Times sold its
share of the channel back to the Discovery Networks some time ago.
11/28/07 (No I haven't been on vacation. There's just been
nothing to report. :-))
- International free preview channel 574 and 575 moved tps and became
available to selected international package subscribers at 61.5° and 148°.
- An info channel on the Puerto Rico and USVI spot beam was added to channel
5571. It appears to be unavailable right now. It is at 110° tp 25
- A mystery channel "SPIKV" has been added to tp 2 at 110° (no it's not and
HD channel) on channel 9395. It is not available to subscribers.
This channel is just below the Public Interest channel range for the family
pack. To add to the mystery, a data channel called SPKVG was also added
to tp 2 at 110° on channel 19150.
- This chart does not list the data channels since no legitimate dish
receiver can get these channels on those channel numbers. The data
channels show up on the "Dish Home" channel.
11/15/07 (Entered 11/17/07) (ANON)
- FREE channels 123, 308 and 324 were removed from tp 24 at 110°.
These were a single video stream telling people, "if you are seeing this
channel, your dealer is a theif" Not in those words, but close enough.
The channel could only be received by hacked dish network receivers or hacked
- Lots of channels moved around early in the morning:
- 126 BABY moved from tp 15 to 3 at 110°
- 196 Current TV moved from tp 19 to 3 at 110°
- 9945 and 9946 DVR channels moved from tp 2 to 10 at 110°
- 219 / 9612 ALIVE, 5773 IAD4 moved from tp 14 to 10 at 110°
- 519 PPV moved from tp 10 to 14 at 110°
- 226 GEMTV moved from tp 16 to 10 at 110°
- 403/559 NHL Network, 9500 Big10 moved from tp 13 tp 9 at 61.5°
- 9470 RAVE, 9471 Equator, 9474 Animania, 9480 FilmFest, 9481 Monster,
9486 Family moved from tp 7 to 13 at 61.5°
- 719 ERT, 733 PLSAT, 740 HTBA, 754 GEOTV, 796 K TV were all moved to tp 13
at 121° and are now showing a "Channel Moving" slate to call Dish for a
realignment to 118°. These channels were added to the 5715-5719 channel
range yesterday so subscribers can still see the channels until they get the
11/14/07 (ANON / Raymie)
- The Holiday Music Channel made it's annual return on channel 982 today
right on schedule. This channel should be available to all legitimate
Dish Network receivers and FTA MPEG2 receivers through the first or second
Wednesday in January.
- 286 FSESP was removed from the system. This was a free preview
channel that ran its course a couple of weeks ago.
- 580 INFO channel was added to tp 3 at 118°. This is a mirror of the
current channel 580 already available at 61.5° and 148°. It is really
nothing more than a barker channel telling subscribers about all the foreign
language offerings available.
- 5 more international channels were added to the "we're moving" area.
These are mirror slots and not additional channels. The original channel
slots are still showing regular programs too, but soon those will be changed
to the info slates telling subscribers how to order a new Dish 500+ or 1000+.
- 5715 ERT
- 5716 PLSAT
- 5717 HTBA
- 5718 GEOTV
- 5719 K TV
- 5992 MPT02 test channel added to Tp 15 at 148°
- International free preview channels 574 and 575 were returned to
11/7/07 (added to chart on 11/9)
- The following channels were removed from 121° (these channels are still
available on other satellite locations)
- 712 MABHY
- 724-726 German channels GKINO, DWTV, PRSBN
- 802 GEMNI
- 804 TEJA
- 804 NTV
- 806 CHNLI
- 818 ATN
- ART Sports, an arabic channels was uplinked but is not available on
channel 755 tp 24 at 118° and tp 12 at 61.5°
- HKYAT is now uplinked but not available to subscribers on channel 777 tp
24 at 118° and tp 31 at 61.5°
- The following channels at 121° were replaced by a slate telling
subscribers the channel will no longer be available at that satellite
- 704 KBS
- 711 ISRLI
- 730 LEOWD
- 807 APUNJ
- 809 ZGUJ
- The channels listed are still available at 121° during the transition
period on channels 5721-5725
- All the Tucson, AZ locals (8950-8958) moved from tp 7 to tp 5 on spot 6 at
- Another NHL Center Ice "mirror" channel is now available to subscribers on
channel 541 (currently tp 24) in SD and channel 5941 in HD at 129° and 61.5°
10/31/07 -- BOO! --that's not to scare you on Halloween, .it's just a
Booooooo...no new HD! :-) (info by ANON & Raymie)
- Several Dish shopping channels changed identity again. (the following it
to be taken tongue in cheek for the humor impaired)
- 216 was DISH (before that Resort & Residence) has become C&T -
Collectibles and Treasures, not "crap and trash".
- 219 was DISH (before that The Men's Channel 2) has become ALIVE with
garbage and paid programs. "America Alive" is the name of the channel.
"America's Auction Network is the primary content.
- 221 was DISH (before that iDrive) has become LSHOP. Could this be
the "Lousy Shopping Channel"? I have not found the real name for this
- 229 was DISH (before that iShop) has become GEMS. All the paid
programming Gems can be found here. The primary culprit is Gem
- This channel should not be confused with Gems TV on channel 226.
- Veria 281, Versus 282, and Fox Soccer Channel 283 free previews have
ended. They were replaced with the musical free preview! FUSE 281,
IMF 282, FX 283 and GAC 284.
- International Free Preview Channels 574 and 575 were made available to
select international content subscribers at 61.5° and 148°.
- The international channel clearance continues at 121°! All the
channels removed from 121° are still available at 118°. The following
channels were removed from:
- Tp 5: 751 TELSD, 905 ARMTV
- Tp 6: 801 KAIRA. 5714 CHNL1
- Tp 10: 732 RFI,
- Tp 13: 713 VIVA, 714 NBN4, 715 RPN9, 800 SURYA
- Tp 15: 5715 GEMNI
- Tp 18: 735 TRACE, 5719 DWTV
- Tp 22: 5718 GKINO, 5720 PRSBN
- Tp: 26: 803 UDAYA
- The Holiday Music Channel is now uplinked to its regular slot (982 tp 12
at 119°) and ready to return the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. In the
past it has generally become available the Wednesday before Thanksgiving,
though on one year it came on the second Wednesday in November. This
channel is NOT available to Dish subscribers at this time. However
LEGITAMATE FTA MPEG2 receivers are able to get this channel now.
- The Phoenix "we are moving" local channels 5992-5999 at 119° tp 5 spot 6
have been removed. This leaves the transponder empty and ready for the
Yuma / El Centro SD local channels announced on last week's Retailer chat. The
new local market is expected to launch in "early 2008".
- KPBS in San Diego is back on the air. Apparently the California wild
fires took out the power lines going to the transmitter last week. Dish
Network did a little switch-a-roo on the channels to bring PBS National to
that market for a week. Now that KPBS is back, Dish removed PBS national
from channel 8795 and restored the channel 15 map-down to channel 8796.
All is back the way it was before the mess.
- Yet another HD mirror channel, this time NHLHD was added to channel 9542
at 61.5° and 129°. This channel is mapped down to channel 542.
There is no channel 542, it is only a map-down of 9542. Added channel
542 to the charts just to keep e-mails from flooding my mail box asking "where
is channel 542?"
- Update--DOH!!!!! Channel 542 did return and it is on tp24 at 110°.
It will move around as all the NHL channels do so it will be marked with ***
10/24/07 (Chart actually updated late 10/25, sorry for the delay)
---Retailer Chat today announced that Helena MT, Yuma AZ,
and Laredo TX will be getting local channels "in early 2008".
This info does not affect this chart, but the Local
Channels Detail Page has been updated ---
- Another HD PPV channel disappeared in order to bring us NBA Channel HD.
PPV channel 541 was removed and channel 9508 NBA was added on the same
transponders at 61.5° and 148°. Channel 9509 mirrors 9508 exactly.
Channel 9508 is for America's Everything Pack and Sports Pack subscribers.
Channel 9509 is for NBA league pass subscribers.
- 3 HD Alternate Sports channels slots were added to the same area as a ton
of other sports channel slots on tp 8 at 129° and 30 at 61.5°. These are
really place holders. No more than 6 real channel streams at 61.5° and 8
channel streams at 129° can be shown simultaneously on the more than 3 dozen
channel numbers using these streams.
- Looks like the San Diego fires may have taken care of KPBS or at least the
receive facility or fiber link to the POP. KPBS was removed from tp 27
spot 39 at 110° on channel 8796. The national PBS channel (PBS xd) was
mirrored on channel 8795. As with all the PBS xd mirrors it's on tp 8 at
119°. This channel is available to San Diego local subscribers until the
problem with KPBS is resolved.
- Correction: The mapdown of channel 8796 to channel 15 was removed
and replaced with PBS national. KPBS still has a slot uplinked and
available. There is no programming on this channel right now as of
- Test channel MPT01 moved from tp 17 to 17 at 148°
- TV5 and SURYA must have finished their move off of 121°. Channels
5716 and 5717 were removed from tp 15 and 10 from 121°
- Only two weeks late, but TBS HD (that's a great joke now isn't it?
HD on PBS? When? And no I don't watch baseball) moved from the PPV
channel slot it took on channel 542 to its permanent home on channel 9499.
Tp stayed the same. 22 at 61.5° and 6 at 129°.
- Another Showtime free preview! Channels 285 (HD) and 288-297 (SD)
- Fox Sports Español is now available as a free preview on channel 286
- Another infomercial channel has been mapped to lower numbers where it's
harder to avoid. SRN is now mapped to channel 85.
- The Italian Language channels are leaving 148° on 11/14/07 and subscribers
are being moved to 118°. (Bernardo) No changes were made to this chart
since no specific channels were mentioned. However many if not all
foreign language channels are leaving 148° next month!
- Fox Sports Español is now mirrored on channel 286 poised for a free
preview. It is not yet available to subscribers. (ANON)
- The Starz free preview on channels 285 and 290-297 ended this afternoon.
- Rare Friday activity! A new channel is being uplinked to the Puerto
Rico spot beam at 110° tp 25 spot 49 on channel 7785. (ANON) At one time
Dish had uplinked but never made available WPRV 13. This is now WORO
which shows a lot of sports in the island. Another major channel is WSTE
7 which has the rights to MLB on the island. At this time there are no
clues on the EPG info. It is only labeled "TEST3"
- NHL Network HD is now available to AT250+HD and higher subscribers on
channel 403 and NHL Center Ice subscribers on channel 559.
- Starz Free Preview channels replaced the Cinemax Free Preview channels on
channel 285 for the HD Starz and channels 290-297 for the rest of the SD
package including Encore East. (ANON)
- After over a year and a quarter, Dish finally changed the call letters on
channel 7094 from the old WMWB to the current WCWW. This change was
first done to this chart on 7/11/06 (Stealth change) after a report from
- It only took just over two weeks, but Dish caught up with WTBS call letter
change from Oct 1. Channel 8307's EPG changed from WTBS to WPCH.
Channel 17 in Atlanta is no longer showing TBS cable's programming 23 hours a
- Channel 812 MH1, a Punjab music channel is now apparently in free preview
mode for some. (ANON)
- International Free Preview channels 574 and 575 were removed from the
subscriber tier again. (ANON)
- Updates several hyperlinks for the Phoenix locals (X)
- There is no way I can keep up with the over 4000 links from this page to
other sites. If you see a bad link or one that needs updating, simply
e-mail it to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be identified by a variant of
your e-mail or first name only. If you rather remain anonymous like
(ANON) does, just say so in the e-mail or sign it "anon".
- Looks like I missed one somewhere! Channel 858 TeleFórmula, a news
channel from Mexico is now available on the Dish Latino and Dish Latino Bonus
pack and higher. (The DL Bonus Pack allows you to add all the DL
channels (except Playboy en Español) to any AT package for $12.49 a month)
- The Cinemax free preview on channels 285 and 290-294 is over. The
channels have been removed from the subscriber tier.
- Changed all the tp 8 and 27 129° sports and sports alternate channels to
"8 / 27" with a black background and added the following note at the bottom of
- The Part-Time HD Regional Sports channels, the HD NBA and NHL channels
as well as the Alternate HD sports channels at 129° continually bounce
around from tp 8 to 27 and back. There is an HDTV slate that "lives" on TP
8. Up to 8 HD feeds can be active at one time; 6 on tp 8 and 2 on tp 27.
There are over 50 channel numbers reserved in this area. All the "8 / 27"
channels are mapped from the HDSKD on channels 5786-5793
- The rest of the Phoenix locals at 119° tp 5 spot 6 (8320-8323 & 8327-8330)
were moved to tp 20 spot 35 at 110°. All 13 Phoenix locals are now on
this transponder. (ANON) The "X" Phoenix locals telling subscribers that only
have a dish pointed at 119° to call Dish for an upgrade still remain on
channels 5992-5999. They are still on tp 5 spot 6 at 119° so that
transponder has not been cleared yet.
- The Phoenix locals are uplinked from Gilbert, AZ and the coverage for
20s35 is better than 5s6 for northern Arizona, which are two key factors in
the move (Raymie)
- NOTAX slate was removed from channel 211 at 110°
- Cinemax HD replaced HBO HD on channel 285 free preview begins tomorrow at
- Cinemax SD channels mirrored on channels 290-294 for the free preview at
- All the left-over Showtime and HBO channels mirrored in the 280-299 block
- Most of the RSNs were mapped with the HD channel counterparts. When
you tune to your RSN channel it will automatically tune to the HD counterpart
as long as 1) the HD version is available at the time 2) you have an HD
receiver 3) you have a dish pointed at the proper satellite. For example
I have a Dish HD receiver with dishes pointed at 110°, 119° and 61.5°.
My HD RSN is at 129°. I will not see the mapped channel. (yes I
know most of you know this, some dont. I'm heading off e-mails. :)
They are always welcome though and there is no such thing as a stupid
- The NHL and NBA HD channels on channels 389-399 which were never
made available to subscribers were removed from the system. However the
NHL HD channels became available in the 9500 block last week. Today the
NBA HD channels became available in the 9500 block as well.
- Central China TV French & Spanish apparently became Spanish Only.
The EPG on channels 695 at 121° and 118° and 884 at 110° changed to CCTVE
- German channel 724, 725 and 726 were moved to 5918-5720 at 121°
temporalily. Channels 724-726 were changed to a slate telling German PKG
subscribers that these channels will not be available at 121° soon.
These channels are still at 118° .
- TV 5 (731) also has a slate at 121° and was REMOVED from 118°
- TV Chile (842) which was replaced by a slate at the beginning of the month
announcing this channel is no longer available was removed from the system
- Channels 5550-5561 were filled with "MTS" test channels on tp 13 at 148°.
- Channels 9791 and 9792 changed epg name from MIG1 & 2 to MOVE 1 & 2 at
121°. These are the slates for the channel moves detailed above.
- My TV affiliate in Medford, OR (KBFI-LD (low power Digital channel-NOT
HD)) became available to local subscribers on channel 7648
- 9646 ATT became available to specific subscribers. This is most
likely an internal training channel.
- Updated links in Cine Latino and Zee Sports (Greg & SatEX)
- TBS HD has been added to the AT100+HD Line-UP. Channel 542
which was an HD PPV channel was renamed TBS. This channel is also mapped
down to channel 139. (ANON)
- This Channel is moving to its permanent home on channels 9499 on Oct 10.
- Phoenix local channels KASW (8324), KUTP (8325), KAET (8326), KAZT (8331),
KMOH (8338) moved from tp 5 spot 6 at 119° to tp 20 spot 35 at 110°. The
rest of the Phoenix locals stayed at tp 5s6. (ANON)
- Phoenix "X" local channels on 5992-5999 are now available to local
subscribers telling them that the local channels are moving to 110°.
Those customers who do not have a Dish 500 or otherwise cannot see the 110°
location are encouraged to call Dish Network to set up an upgrade so they can
continue to get local channels after the move.
- Channel 285 became a mirror of HBO HD and became available to subscribers
as a free preview channel (ANON)
- HD PPV Channel 542 was removed from the subscriber tier and returned to
- UPDATE: Several people around the internet boards have found that
Dish is testing TBS HD channel on this stream now. No word whether Dish
plans to carry this channel, but the baseball nuts are going NUTS over this.
Please keep in mind that EVERYTHING EXCEPT BASEBALL on this channel is
currently NOT in HD. It is SD "stretch-o-vision" up-convert on
DirecTV. All is not golden with this channel. (ed.)
- Veria ( Pronounced ve-REE-ah) is now available to subscribers on channel
9575 and 281.(ANON) This is a new channel on free preview for the month.
Afterwards the channel will be $2.99 a la carte. There was a news
release mentioning that this channel would also be part of AT250 though none
of the information on the channel says that right now. Channel 9575 is a
VERY odd place for a standard def channel part of any AT package.
- At 1:00 PM EDT TV Chile programming was removed from the system.
Channel 842 no longer shows TV Chile programming. A slate is now what you see
if you tune to channel 842. The slate says: TV Chile ya no está disponible
en DISH Network. Lamentamos cualquier inconveniente que esto le pueda
ocasionar y esperamos que continúe disfrutando sus canales de DISH Network.
- Translation: TV Chile is no longer available on Dish Network.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause and hope that you will continue
to enjoy your Dish Network Channels.
- Free Preview channel range changes (ANON) - Remember channels 281-297 are
all mirrors of existing channels :
- 281 ESPN U became Veria.
- 282 and 283 (FSC and VS) are no longer available on free preview.
- Channels 290-298 now house the HBO channels. The channels will
show up on the EPG however the free preview does not start until tomorrow
morning at 6am. Until then when the channels are selected, they come
up with "program not available" prompt.
- As mentioned in an earlier change, Fox Sports Net New England is now
Comcast Sports Net New England. Today Dish changed the EPG on channels
385 and 435 from FOXNE to CSNNE to reflect this change. (ANON)
- Foreign Programming Free preview channels 574 and 575 moved from tp 12 to
16 at 61.5° and from tp 25 to 27 at 148° (ANON)
- Two new foreign language channels were uplinked but not available to
- ZTV (presumably NOT Zee TV) channel 754 tp 19 at 129°
- XTV channel 573 tp 25 at 129°
- Test channel 5748 TWCV2 was removed from tp 23 at 148°
- HDTV channel "ATT" added to 9646 tp 6 at 129°. (ANON) This channel
is square in the middle of the Dish Network Business TV channel range.
These channels are generally closed circuit channels for training, video
conferencing and other such uses. As the name indicates, this is
probably an internal AT&T channel. At this moment it is reported that
the channel only has a Dish logo at Full HD resolution.
- Channel 9901 changed names from D1000 to D129 to conform with the reset of
the "Aiming" channels.(ANON) This channel is strictly to help techs aim
satellite dishes and to help CSRs determine what satellites you are receiving.
This channel is specifically to determine if you have a dish pointed at the
129° satellite. The D1000 was for "Dish 1000".
- CALL LETTER CHANGES ON LOCAL TV CHANNELS
- Channel 7698 WHMM became KGLA.
- Channel 8283 WTGL became WLHV (Removed bad hyperlink)
- Channel 8284 WLCB became WTGL (Removed bad hyperlink)
- Though Dish Network did not change this one yet the name and hyperlink
have been changed on the chart. Channel 8307 WTBS became WPCH with a
new web site. TBS (139) no longer has a broadcast station. It is
now a 100% cable channel.
- Showtime free preview channels 285, 288-297 have been removed from the
subscriber teir. (ANON)
- Effective tomorrow, Oct. 1, Fox Sports New England (Channel 435 SD,
Channel 385 HD) is changing its name to Comcast SportsNet New England. Its Web
site will also change to
http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/ (Anonymous). Changed
the listings today to reflect this change.
- The Showtime Free Preview (285,288-297)
is scheduled to end at 3am Monday (in less than 12 hours). (ANON)
- TV Chile (842) will be removed from Dish Latino on or by 10/3/07.
- Showtime HD added to the free preview on channel 285. (ANON)
- Test channels RTST1 and RTST2 added to channels 5708 and 5709 on tp 5 at
129°. (ANON) These are apparently FTA, but not available on any
legitimate Dish receiver. (SatelliteGuys)
- Test channel RSSM 5860 moved from tp 2 (E*2) to 27 (E*1) at 148°.
- All 13 channels in the Phoenix local market are now uplinked on channels
6210-6222 on tp 20 spot 35 at 110°. (ANON)
- KTVK HD channel 6450 moved from tp 20 spot 35 and joined the other 4 HD
locals in Phoenix on tp 18 spot 35 at 110° (ANON)
- KMOH channel 8338 moved from tp 7s6 to join the other 12 Phoenix locals on
tp 5 spot 6. (ANON)
- Showtime Free Preview was uplinked and is now available to all
subscribers except Dish Family on channels 288-297. It includes the
entire Show Unlimited package EXCEPT Showtime HD. These channels are
mirrors of the showtime channels in the 300 block.
- A new channel! But nothing to get excited about. Yet another
infomercial channel came live today on channel 104. The continuing
invasion of shopping channels to the standard channel range now includes SRI
(what ever it stands for).
- Comcast Sports Net West (Sacramento) in HD is now available to subscribers
as a part-time channel on channel number 359 at 129°
- Altitude Sports HD is now available as a part time channel on 360 at 129°
- Comcast Sports Mid Atlantic HD is now available as a part time channel on
374 on both 129° and 61.5°
- Fox Sports Ohio (North, Central, Southeast) HD is now available on channel
375 at 129°
- SATA, ESPND, and REAL preview channels that have been hidden for some time
on channels 284-286 have been removed.
- Several Phoenix channels were mirrored on channels 5992-5999 with an
X added to the call letters. Dish has done this previously when they
plan to move channels to another satellite location. The current guess
is these channels are moving to 110° in the coming weeks.
- Discovery HD Theater changed its name to just "HD Theater" on September 1,
2007 to prevent confusion with Discovery HD which went on the air at the same
time. Channels 5500 (AK & HI only) and 9421 changed EPG name from DSCHD
- The Fishtank channel (HDTV3 channel 9443) has been removed from tp 30 at
61.5°. This was a demo channel for retailers which showed a fish tank
during the off hours. I hate to admit it... but I'm going to miss that
- Veria, moved from channel 9510 to 9575. It is still in the wrong
channel area for a PI channel, but that is what it is! A health and
- A channel labeled "SRI" is now uplinked to channel 104 on tp 11 at 119°
but unavailable to subscribers yet.
- Shop Latino TV is now available to all subscribers on channels 220 and 883
- GEM TV shopping network has completed its move to channel 226. It
has been removed from channel 225.
- NHL TV in HD is now uplinked to channel 403 and mirrored on channel 559 on
tp 13 at 61.5° and tp 6 at 129°. Dish Network decided to launch it the
same way DirecTV launched its HD channels today... That is...it is not
available to subscribers yet.
- (for the humor impaired...that's a joke)
- Tapesh 1 and 2 Farsi channels have
been removed from channels 753 & 754 at 118° and 121°
- International Free Preview channels 574 and 575 have been removed from
subscriber tiers again.
- Another flavor of Zee TV has been uplinked? But why to 119°?
Hmmmm.. ZEE SA is now uplinked to channel 576 tp 21 at 119° and tp 12 at
- UPDATE: This is possibly Zee Sports America
- MAA TV another south asian channel is now uplinked to channel 811 tp 24 at
118°. Not available to subscribers yet
- Music Hits One, a punjabi channel is now uplinked to channel 812 tp 24 at
118°. Not available to subscribers yet
- TeleFórmula, a Mexican news channel is now uplinked to channel 858 tp 19
at 110°. Not available to subscribers yet.
- Channel 1, Gemini TV, Siurya TV and TV5 are all mirrored on channels
5714-5717 at 121° for some reason. Each channel appears to be an
identical mirror available to subscribed customers.
- Update: The original channel slots for these channels (731, 799,
800, 806) all moved to tp 13 at 121.
- Time for some house keeping at 148°! All the channels on tp 13 are
gone! TP 13 was removed from the tables. Test channels 5923-5934
and 5944-5950 have been removed.
- PPV HD, HBO HD and Showtime HD have been removed from 148° ONLY.
They were on channels 9428, 9430 and 9440. These channels are still
available at 110°.
- New test channels on tp 10 at 148°. 3 hd and 3 sd on channels
5951-5953 and 5956-5958.
- SOON channels 3, 4 and 5 have been removed from tp 16, 18 and 10 at 110°,
119 and 119° respectively. These channels "feed" your DVR all that fine
VOD stuff we looooove so much. NOT
- A channel called VERIA is now uplinked to tp3 at 110° channel 9510.
The only "Veria" I can find is a health food channel. If it is this
channel, that is an odd place for it!
- NHL Center Ice channels in HD are now uplinked BUT NOT AVAILABLE YET on
channels 9543-9558 at 61.5° and 148.
- NBA League Pass channels in HD are also uplinked and also not available on
- MIG1 and MIG2 (whatever they are) are now uplinked to tp 13 at 121°
channels 9791 and 9792.
- Looks like GEM TV is moving to channel 226 from channel 225. This
channel was mirrored today on channel 226.
- Test channel TST71 was uplinked to channel 5711 tp 27 at 129°. This
is an MPEG4 HD channel stream.
- Big Ten Network HD and its alternates are now available to subscribers on
channel 9500-9504. They are also mapped down to the 439-443 channel range with
the SD counterparts.
- Dish On Demand HD Pay Per View channels 531,534, 535, 536, 537, 540, 541
and 542 became available to subscribers today.
- Big10 HD and Big 10 Alternate HD channels were uplinked to channels
9500-9504 at 61.5° and 129°. Not yet available.
- A new SHOPPING CHANNEL! Yippy! SLTV (presumably Shop Latino
TV) is now uplinked but not available on channel 220 tp 3 at 110°. This
channel is also mirrored on 887 in the Dish Latino range.
- QVC has been removed from channel 226. QVC was mirrored to channel
137 some time ago. This is BAAAAD news. No longer are the shopping
channels going to be grouped in the shopping mall where we can easily ignore
the surfing range. QVC's new "real" home is now channel 137.
- Fox Sports Ohio HD is now uplinked but not available on channel 375 tp 8
at 129°. This is an event-only channel.
- MPEG2 HD test channel DRMT7 has been uplinked but not available to
subscribers on channel 5903 on tp 7 at 110°
- A new "mystery channel" has been added. TEMP has been uplinked to
channel 408 tp 19 at 110° but it is not available yet. Some are
reporting it is the Mavericks' new channel. No confirmation.
- Alter TV, a Greek channel that was on 664 at 61.5°, 118.7° and 148° has
been removed from the system.
- KOMU DT 8.3 CW in Columbia, MO is now available to local subscribers on
- Lifetime Movie Network, G4 and Encore Westerns which were on 119° swapped
places with TVGN, Daystar and HRTV which were at 110°. This happened a
couple of weeks ago too but was switched back the next day presumably due to
angry calls. Well, here we go again. :)
- A&E HD, History Channel HD and NFL Network HD are back on the air as of
- A&E HD, History Channel HD and NFL Network HD are off the air due to a
fire at a signal distribution facility (Ascent Media Group).
These channels are off the air for EVERY ONE (Dish, DirecTV, cable, Fios...everyone).
There is no estimate on when service will be restored.
- Channel 439 changed from "Temp" to BIG10 and was made available to
subscribers as of 5pm eastern today. Channels 440-443 are now called
ALT10 meaning they are alternate channels for simultaneous BIG10 games
- More news on Big 10 Network. Channel 9467 (the HD PPV channel) will
be the home to some Big 10 games in HD starting this Saturday. Also
according to a news release, after the football post-season, Big 10 Network
will only be available to the 8 states with Big 10 teams. Big 10 Network
is currently available to all AT100 subscribers until January sometime when it
will only be available to AT100 subscribers in a state with a Big 10 school.
This is subject to change.
- WSBK is mapped down to channel 38 for anyone who subscribes to that
channel UNLESS you live in a market with a local channel 38 that Dish carries.
This quietly happened Wednesday afternoon. Added listing to channel 38
since it is available nationally. The local channels will not be listed
due to the sheer number of duplications on channel numbers.
- Free preview channel range in the 280 block has changed to a sports theme
and are available to subscribers:
- 281 changed from BBC America to ESPN-U
- 282 changed from G4 to Versus
- 283 changed from Fox Soccer Channel
- Setanta sports on channel 284 has been hidden from subscribers. The
free preview is over . Setanta Sports is available a la carte on channel
406 at 110° and 61.5°
- 4 new "TEMP" channels added to 440-443 on tp 19 at 110°. Speculation
abounds. A long-time hard to understand member of DBSTalk.com posted
that "a friend" knows for sure that TEMP channel 439 (uplinked yesterday) is
Big 10 Network. The 4 other test channel would fit because all 5
channels would be needed on Saturday afternoons. Chances are Dish and
BTN are still in talks. HOWEVER a post on satelliteguys.us shows a Dish
Network ad campaign stating this week that shows all the alternative Big 10
and other big name college football games that will be available on all the
channels EXCEPT Big 10 Network. Only time will tell.
- International free preview channels 574 and 575 moved to tps 12 at 61.5°
and 25 at 148° and became available to select subscribers.
- 7469 WPCW, CW from Jeannette, PA (Pittsburgh Market--by a few feet!)
became available in the neighboring Johnstown/Altoona locals package.
- Channel 7716 EPG was changed from WMEC to WQEC. Content wise there
is no difference. WMEC 22 Macomb, IL and WQEC 27 Quincy, IL have the
same programming. However it is unknown at this time if the channel
mapping changed from 22 to 27 and even if there was a change to the source
signal or if Dish just a corrected a mistake they made when they first
launched the Quincy market.
- Data channel 5774 moved from tp 19 to 10 at 110°
- Channel 9645 LF1 moved from to 19 to 10 at 110°
- History Channel High Def became available to subscribers of AT100+HD pack
early today on channel 9491
- Test Channel 76 removed from channel 9853 at tp 19 at 110° (ANON)
- Temp channel added to channel 439 on tp 19 at 110° (ANON)
- I would assume that the phones rang off the proverbial hook last night and
today with angry women asking where Lifetime Movie Network went and angry
cowboys wondering where the Westerns channel went and even angrier bookies...er...I
mean horse racing fans wondering where HRTV went. Dish found out just
how many people don't have a Dish 500 yet yesterday and today when they tried
their little move yesterday. Dish Network bought out their spokes person
in charge of poorly publicized hair-brained ideas, Emily Latella to say,
"Never mind.". Channels 109, 117, 191, 263, 342, and 404 moved back to
where they were before yesterday. I am sure Dish will regroup and try
this again soon enough.
- Channel 109 Lifetime Movie Network moved from tp 14 at 119° to tp 2 at
- Channel 191 & 282 G4 moved from tp 12 at 119° to tp 5 at 110°
- Channel 342 Encore Westerns moved from tp 14 at 119° to 15 at 110°
- Channel 117 TV Guide Network moved from tp 2 at 110° to tp 14 at 119°
- Channel 253 Daystar moved from tp 5 at 110° to tp 12 at 119°
- Channel 404 Horse Racing TV moved from tp 15 at 110° to tp 14 at 119°
- Channel 9470, 9474 and 9480 (Rave, Animania and Film Fest) moved from tp
13 to 7 at 61.5° and from tp 31 to 23 at 129°. At the same time they
became true MPEG 4 channels and are only receivable by ViP series receivers.
- Channel 9471, 9471 and 9481 stayed on tps 7 and 23 at 61.5° and 129°
respectively and became MPEG 4 channels.
- Transponder 31 at 129° and 13 at 61.5° were removed from the system
tables. This is room for 6 potential HD channels!
- Two test channel added. Channel 5710 "TEST" appears to be visible to
anyone with an HD Dish Network receiver of any vintage. (Harry) It is a
mirror of Discovery HD Theater on tp 13 at 110°. The other is a mirror
of CSN Chicago HD in MPEG4 encoding. (ANON) It is not visible to subscribers
as far as I can tell.
- Well the mystery on what would be done with an empty transponder 17 at
110° has been answered. The good news: 6 new HD channels have been
uplinked. The bad news: They are all PPV channels! (editorial
aside: YUCK! Hey Dish! This HD subscriber has purchased 1, count
them 1 PPV movie in 10 years subscribed to the service. ...and that was
because my nephews wanted to watch a movie there, not me.. Let's see,
what could have been done with this transponder? Hmmm. Perhaps
move 6 HD channels from the side slots so those in PR and AK and HI could have
more HD channels? No... that would make sense. Hmmm. Perhaps
save room for new or existing HD channels coming like TBS, Mojo, SciFi, CNN,
TWC and others? No... that would be too good. This is a
waste of a good transponder! The preceding editorial aside is a personal
opinion which shall not be swayed by any hate mail telling me PPV is God's
gift to the planet. :-) )
- Channels 531, 534-537 and 540 are all on tp 17 at 110°. None are
available to subscribers yet.
- LOOK! More HD PPV channels uplinked. Channels 540 and 541 have
been uplinked to tp 22 at 61.5° and 6 at 129° and are not available to
- The current HD PPV channel in the 9400 block is now mirrored to channel
539 and is not available to subscribers yet.
- ---ALL THE HD PPV CHANNELS ARE SLATED TO BECOME AVAILABLE ON 9/12
- DISH channel 218 changed names to TJC (The Jewelry Channel)
- DISH channel 223 changed names to SRC (?)
- DISH channel 225 changed names to GEMTV
- Test channel IAD5 moved from tp 10 to 19 at 110°
- KOMU3 (KOMU DT 8.3) is now uplinked but not available on channel 7454 on
tp 26 spot 19 at 110°. This is a CW station in Jefferson/Columbia, MO
- WPCW TV 19 from Jeannette, PA (Pittsburgh TV Market) is now mirrored, but
not available on channel 7469 for Johnstown/Altoona subscribers.
- WWHB CA Azteca affiliate in West Palm Beach is no longer uplinked to
channel 8872. This channel was never made available to subscribers.
- A new channel in the BTV area was uplinked. Channel 9645 LF1 on tp
19 at 110°. Unknown availability.
- The Starz free prevew weekend is over. Channels 290-297 have been
removed from the system. (ANON)
- "DISH" infomercial Channel 218 (Was Men's Outdoor & Recreation) has been
removed from the subscriber tier. (ANON)
- "TEMP1" Channel 5711 was removed from the system today. It was never
available to subscribers (ANON)
- "TEMP2" Channel 5712 was removed from the system on 8/22. It was
accidentally shown as moved from tp 17 to 19 when in reality it was removed at
that time. (anon)
- Channel 543 was shown as (1) unavailable to subscribers when in reality it
has been available for some time. However there are no events on this
channel available without a subscription to NHL Center Ice. A "Dish
Network" slate will be visible with music playing when there are no events
- More RSN HD channels moved around from tp 8 to 27 and back over the
weekend. No real net changes. This page will no longer track these
channels unless they find a permanent home.
- As of 2am or so Eastern time on Friday 8/24 the Starz free preview
channels on 290-297 are available to all subscribers except Dish Family.
- A few more Voom channels were moved over to true MPEG 4. 5 remain in
MPEG 2. There are conflicting reports about their availablitity on
different Dish MPEG 2 HD receivers. This is why they are not listed as
MPEG-2 channels on this list.
- The History Channel HD is now uplinked to tp 22 at 61.5° and tp 27 at
129°. This channel is not yet available to subscribers (ANON) and it is
an MPEG-4 channel which means it requires a VIP receiver to view when it does
go live to subscribers. Depending on who you believe, this channel is
due to go live on September 1, 4 or 5. My money is on Sept 5 at 2pm
- All the Starz channels except the HD version and Encore East are now
warming up in the 290-297 channel range for a free preview weekend. The
Tennis Channel preview on channel 290 was removed.
- Channel 573 FPCHN moved from tp 12 to 23 at 61.5° and 25 to 26 at 148°
- Channels 574 and 575 FRCHN were removed from the subscriber tier.
The Foreign language channel Free preview is over for now.
- DISH channel 225 (used to be Beauty and Fashion before the snafu with
Turner Media) has also been removed from the subscriber tier.
- Test channels TEMP 1 (5711) and TEMP 2 (5712) moved from tp 17 to 19 at
110°. This left tp 17 totally empty and it was removed from the system
all together. Let the speculation begin!
- A new test channel SPECV has been added to channel 5848 on tp 23 at 148°
- And more HD RSN moves at 129°. All HD RSN channels at 129 bounce
around from tp 8 to 27.
- According to the Septeber issue of the Dish Entertainment Magazine, 9 new
HD PPV channels will be added on September 12. Channels 531, 534-357 and
539-542 will be the new HD PPV channels. Channel 539 will be a remap of
current HD PPV channel 9467. (Satelliteguys.us) The new HD
channels are expected to be unused HD RSN channels remapped to the PPV range
and MPEG-4 only.
- Some more HD RSN moves yesterday and today. The net activity is Comcast
Sports Net Chicago moved from tp 27 to 8 at 129°. HD RSNs are actually
mirrors of HDSKL channels and are moved around frequently.
- "Dish" Channel 219 moved from tp 10 to 14 at 110° and "Dish" channel 229
moved from tp 14 to 10 at 110° (ANON)
- TST51-TST56 channels removed from tp 24 at 61.5° (ANON)
- All the MPEG 2 Voom channels have been converted to MPEG 4. This
included the following moves: (ANON)
- 9472 Gallery, 9476 Rush and 9478 Ultra moved from tp 1 to 24 at
61.5° and 6 to 22 at 129° (ANON)
- 9479 Kung Fu, 9482 HD News, 9485 Game Play moved from tp 3 to 24 at 61.5°
and remained on tp 22 at 129° but were converted to MPEG 4. (ANON)
- SNEAKY... At about 1am Eastern time Dish Network made the following
channels available to subscribers:
- 379 - CSNCH tp 27 at 129° AT100Plus + HD and up
- 805 - RTV TP 3 at 118°
- 8918 - KRIS2 TP 27 Spotbeam 17 at 110° (CW Corpus Christi)
- 9468 - TESTB changed to VS/GF(Versus/Golf Channel) tp 19 at 61.5° and
- 9469 - INFO changed to MHD (Music HD) tp 19 at 61.5° and 129°
- 9487 - TESTC changed to DISC (Discovery HD--not to be confused with
Dishcovery HD Theater) tp 19 at 61.5° and 129°
- 9488 - TESTE changed to TLC tp 19 at 61.5° and 129°
- 9489 - TESTF changed to ANIML(Animal Planet HD) tp 19 at 61.5° and 129°
- 9490 - TESTG changed to SCIEN (The Science Channel HD) tp 19 at 61.5°
- 9492 - TESTA was removed from tp 19 at 61.5° and 129°. It was
originally going to be MHD, but the whole stream was moved to channel 9469.
- Test channel 5759 - TWCTS removed from tp 6 at 119°
- HD RSNs moved around again. Channel 379 and 386 moved from tp 8 to 27 and
channel 387 moved from tp 27 to 8 at 129° (ANON)
- No real changes today. However Nickelodeon announced today that it
will split the shared channel "The N/ Noggin" (Dish channel 169) into two
separate 24-7 channels on 12/31/07. The N is geared to the "Tweeners"
and Noggin is geared to pre-school and early grade schoolers. Nick Games
and Sports (Dish channel 177) will cease to exist and be replace with "The N".
Noggin would remain on its own channel. It is unknown if Dish will
shuffle things around, but given their track record, it is unlikely and The N
will remain on channel 177. It is also expected that The N will be
available on AT200 but there is no real info on that yet. Multichannel News
- Some HD sports channels and channel 9800 moved around as usual (ANON)
- Updated web addresses for Alpha Punjabi, and all the "Zee" channels along
with SET, SET Max, Sahara One, and Sun TV (Jagjit)
- Updated hyperlink to package info on Euro News 784, 900 and 901 (Bruce)
- Altitude Sports HD moved from tp 27 to 8 on channel 360 at 129° (ANON)
8/8/07 (Thanks to John H at DBSTalk)
- Channels 473-478 containing different events from the X Games have been
removed from the system since the event is now over.
- Free preview channel 574 moved from tp 20 to 29 at 61.5° and from tp 3 to
19 at 148° and became available to specific subscribers.
- Free preview channel 575 moved from tp 8 to 10 at 61.5° and from tp 9 to 3
at 148° and became available to specific subscribers.
- Radio Greece on channel 721 at 121° tp 16 has been removed from the
- Euronews is now uplinked to 118° tp 2 and apparently available to
subscribers on channel 900 and 901 in various languages. All except for
- Looks like Dish and the NBC affiliate in Honolulu are at odds. The
HD channel and the secondary digital channel from KHNL have been removed from
110°! The SD channel is still available.
- HD Sports source channel HDSKD moved from tp 27 to tp 8 at 129°.
- MTV Latino on channel 872 was replaced with MTV Tr3s (the three is a
backwards E to spell "tres" which is the Spanish word for 3--MTV 3).
Tr3s is a channel specifically designed for the American younger audience
which is generally bi-lingual or speaks little Spanish but still identifies
with the Latin roots.
- KWTV DT (CBS) Oklahoma City, OK became available to HD Locals subscribers
on channel 6490 and 9 at 119°.
- Thanks to anon and others who e-mailed, the Charts should all be caught up
now. I will detail the changes for the archive later this week.
- “Under the hood” changes to all the list files result in substantial size reductions
(29% for this page) with no loss of information or change in layout
Uplink Activity for the Week of 8-01-07 on DBSTalk.com for this week's changes.
Most changes have now been added to this chart. Ran out of time tonight...
Still need to add the TEST A-G channels and change the free preview channels
names and info. Otherwise the chart is mostly up to date now.
Corrections are welcome!
- A million thanks to BobaBird for the great job he did under the hood!
It's a little more complex to change things, but a heck of a lot more
efficient in code!
- 7/7/07 - Fox Sports Rocky Mountain HD and Fox Sports Southwest HD (364,
366) moved returned to transponder 8 at 129° from the overcrowded tp 27 (ANON)
- 7/7/07 - SPORT (9800) moved from tp 16 to 24 at 110° (ANON)
- 7/5/07 - French Open TV channels changed names to the X Games channels on
channels 473-477 (ANON/Anon)
- 7/5/07 - KFOR DT, HD NBC channel (6491) became available to OKC
- 7/5/07 - Free Preview selection changed. 281 changed from SPEED to
FLVNG. 282 changed from SLTH to AMC. 283 changed from MLTRY to
MSNBC. And channels 284 (ESPNCL) and 285 (ESPND) were removed from the
subscribers system and hidden. (ANON/Anon)
- 7/5/07 - HDBTV Uplinked to tp 2 at 121° channel 9650. 7/6/07- became
available to specific subscribers. (ANON)
- Altitude Sports HD channel 360 moved from tp 8 to 27 at 129° (ANON)
This channel is still not available to subscribers yet.
- After so much speculation about what channel would go on channel 137, it
turns out to be nothing more than a mirror of shopping channel QVC. At
least it is not taking up any extra bandwidth. :) Transponder 11 at 119°
- KPAX DT2 CW in Missoula, MT became available to local subscribers on
channel 7124 and is mapped down to channel 7 on most Dish receivers.
- The following HD Regional Sports Networks are warming up at 129°
- 377 Fox Sports Cincinnati
- 378 Fox Sports Pittsburgh (Also at 61.5° tp 30)
- 380 Fox Sports Detroit
- 381 Sports Time Ohio
- Remember all these channels are part-time channels and all share
- Setanta Sports is now uplinked but not yet available to subscribers on
channel 406 to 6 at 110°
- All the MLB Extra Innings channels that have been hidden for half the
season have finally been removed from the system. Channels 625-639
have been removed from the system. This does not save any bandwidth.
All these channels were actually mirrors of "SKDL" channels in the 5000
- KTNL1 and KTNL2 have been removed from tp 14 at 148°
- Temporary test channels TEMP1 and TEMP2 have been added to channels 5711
and 5712 on tp 17 at 110°. These channels are not available to
- Birmingham, AL ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox HD local channels are now
uplinked to tp 9 spot 12 at 119° on channels 6495-6498.
- Wilmington, NC STANDARD definition channels WWAY (ABC), WILM (CBS), WECT
(NBC), WSFX (Fox) and WUNJ (PBS) are now uplinked to channels 8683-8687.
- TNT-HD, ESPHD, ES2HD, NFLHD, HBOHD, SHOHD, NTGHD, STZHD and HGHD all
changed their EPG names to match the standard Definition counterparts. TNT,
ESPN, ESPN2, NFL, HBO, SHO-E, NTGEO, STARZ and HGTV. Please remember
that HGTV HD and National Geographic HD have DIFFERENT PROGRAM SCHEDULES than
their standard definition counterparts.
- Correction Update: National Geographic HD and the standard definition
National Geographic channels share the same program schedule.
- Free preview channel 574 and 575 have been removed from subscribers'
receivers and are no longer available. These channels were only
available to specific subscribers.
6/21/07 (Longest day of the year!)
- MPEG test channel 5896 was removed from tp 7 at 110°
- 9420 TNT HD moved from tp 13 to 7 at 110°
- 9421 Discovery HD moved from tp 17 to 13 at 110°
- 9424 ESPN HD moved from tp 17 to 7 at 110°
- 9460 Showtime HD moved from tp 17 to 13 at 110°
- Transponder 17 is now empty at 110°. Let the speculation begin!
- The slate channel on 137 and 297 telling subscribers that FX moved to
channel 136 was removed from the system today.
- TV Chile 842 moved from tp 6 to 19 at 110°
- Two HDSKD channels were added to 61.5° on channel numbers 5781 and 5782 on
tp 30 at 61.5. This brings the total of unique HD SKD channels up to 5
at 61.5°. The SKD channels actually feed the various sports channels and
packages. The HDSKD channels are not directly accessible to subscribers.
However, the channels on which the games can be seen are in reality mirrors of
these SKD channels. So this means that up to 5 HD sports channels can
run at the same time now at 61.5°.
- Three HD SKD channels were added to 129° on channels 5791-5793 on tp 8 at
129°. As explained above, these channels are not directly viewable on
these channel numbers. But it now allows a total of 8 HD sports channels
to be active at one time at 129°.
- WJAN 41 Spanish independent channel from Miami is now available to West
Palm Beach local channels subscribers on channel 8873.
- Many more virtual channels added to the EPG for those with HD receivers
hooked up to OTA antennas. The Virtual Channel List will be updated
eventually. There have been several HUNDRED additions in the last few
weeks. Chaddux will get to it when he can. Thank you all for the
6/14/07 (The following changes occurred on 6/13)
- FX has finally been removed from channel 137 and replaced with a slate
telling subscribers of the move. The slate is a mirror of channel 297
- Free preview channel 574 moved from tp 12 to 16 at 61.5° and from tp 25 to
27 at 148°. It was also removed from the subscriber tier.
- Free preview channel 575 moved from tp 18 to 10 at 61.5° and from to 11 to
3 at 148°. I is also now available to select subscribers.
- KPAX DT 8.2 CW network in the Missoula area is now uplinked, but not
available, on channel 7124 at 110° tp 37 spot 10.
- WJAN-CA 41, a Spanish language independent local channel already available
to Miami local subscribers is now mirrored on channel 8873 presumably for West
Palm Beach subscribers. This channel is not available to subscribers in
West Palm Beach yet. This channel is not taking up any additional
bandwidth. It is only using an additional channel number. This
channel is uplinked to tp 3s15.
- Global One and Israeli Movie Channel are now available to subscribers on
channels 702, 703 ( 61.5°, 148°) and 742, 743 (121°) respectively.
- PolSat 2 is now available on channel 733 at 121°. PolSat2 has been
available at 61.5° and 148° for some time.
- KUAC DT a PBS Digital affiliate in Fairbanks is now available to local
subscribers on channel 5646.
- Educator TV is finally available to subscribers on channel 9417 at 61.5°
and 129°. No web site found. However a promo on the channel
informs us that this channel is owned and operated by Alpha and Omega
University and is designed for ESL (English as a Second Language) viewers.
Much of the programming will have subtitles in English which is highlighted as
the words are spoken and in Spanish below the English text. The
programming is in English
- 9463 NHL HD was hidden from subscribers for the season.
- The Tennis Channel free preview on channel 290 is over. The channel
has been hidden from subscribers.
- The French Open extra channels (473-477) have been hidden from subscribers
since the events the channels were for are over.
- A ton of additional virtual channels
containing EPG info for Dish receivers with digital OTA receivers have been
uplinked to the 14000 and 15000 channel range.
The Virtual Channel List will be updated
eventually. There were hundreds of channels added in the last few weeks.
Chaddux will get to these when he has the opportunity.
- Yesterday a channel named "SLATE" was uplinked to channel 297 tp 4 at
119°. It is reportedly showing a Dish Network logo slate. This
channel is not available to mere mortals. (ANON)
- All the Digital local channels in Hawaii are now available to local
subscribers with MPEG4 Dish receivers in the 5000 channel range from 110°..
- Many Anchorage, Juneau and Fairbanks digital local channels are now
available in the 5000 channel range. Please note that the Juneau and Fairbanks digital
local channels require a dish pointed at 148°. Anchorage digital locals
are at 110°.
- ESPNA Added to channel 141 tp 24 at 110° and another one added to channel
147 tp 16 at 110° (ANON)
- These changes occurred on 6/6/07 (ANON)
- The Free Preview Channels changed for the month as follows (Looks like a
severe change from estrogen to testosterone on a few of these)
- 281 SoapNet is now The Speed Channel
- 282 WE is now Sleuth
- 283 Oxygen is now The Military Channel
- 284 De Película is now ESPN Classic
- 285 Mun² is now ESPN Deportes
- The French Open special channels 473-477 moved around in the sky using
mostly the same transponders.
- SOON3 and SOON4 (Channels your DVR may tune to when it is "off" in order
to download a movie or program for on demand services) are now uplinked to
channels 5828 and 5829 to 14 and 16 at 110° and 119° respectively.
- These changes occurred on 5/30 (ANON)
- Channel 9500 "Instant Weather", an open TV feature which has not been
available on that channel number for some time has been removed from the
system. iWTHR is available on the channel 100 portal.
- High Definition Business TV channel 9650 has been removed from 121°.
- Free Preview channel 575 has been removed from subscriber's receivers.
It is still uplinked.
- KTVK DT from the Phoenix area is now available in HD to Phoenix local
subscribers with an MPEG 4 HD receiver (622 or 211) on channel 6450 and
- A ton of EPG "virtual channels" became available. Many subscribers
to local channels via Dish is a 622 or 211 receiver that have an over the
air (OTA) antenna connected will now see program information for Disgiatl
OTA sub-channels and primary channels with different programs than the
analog version of the channels.
- Some changes in the EPG names of the Anchorage and Hawaii digital locals
in the 5000 range.
- 5 French Open TV channels are now uplinked and showing on the EPG on
channels 473-477 on tp 24 at 110°
- SET Max, TV Asia and SET (612, 613 and 614) were removed from tp 11 at
- Fairbanks and Juneau, Alaska digital local channels were uplinked to 148°
on channels 5631-5705. It appears that the PBS main channels from each
market are HD on tp 22. The rest of the channels appear to be Standard
Def. There are 12 channels sharing transponder 14.
- It appears that the rumor sent to me by Poke from Satelliteguys was half
right! The two local stations that didn't want to extort more money from
your pockets in Oklahoma City are now available to OKC local subscribers.
The ABC and Fox local channels are now available in HD in Oklahoma City.
- 3ABN is now available to all Dish Network AND Sky Angel subscribers on
channel 9710 at 61.5° and 129°. It appears that even though this channel
is part of the free PI package on Dish Network, it is
automatically available to all subscribers with legitimate Dish Network
receiver activations. This list calls that (All Sub)
- WBGU Bowling Green, OH is now available to all Toledo area Locals
- RUMOR _ RUMOR _ RUMOR: Oklahoma City HD local channels scheduled to
launch May 23 (this Wednesday). This is a rumor that is also posted on
Statelliteguys.us. No promises, but the info looks good. Dish
normally turns channels on between 2 and 4pm eastern. So please on
e-mails or posts at 12:00:001 AM Wednesday morning asking why they aren't on
yet! :-) (TNGTony)
- Commercial SPORT channel moved from tp 24 to 16 at 110° (ANON)
- Anchorage Alaska digital local channels (including sub-channels) are now
uplinked to channels 5601-5627 on transponders 4 and 31 spotbeam 46 (Alaska
- Honolulu Hawaii digital local channels (including sub-channels) are now
uplinked to channels 5655-5682 on transponders 23 and 31 spotbeam 47 (Hawaii
- NHL Center Ice channels 541-558 were hidden from subscribers for the
- Channel 136, the new home for fx is now available to subscribers.
Channel 137 is scheduled to be turned off on May 30th.
- Free Preview channel 575 moved from tp 8 to 18 at 61.5° and from tp 9 to
11 at 148°.
- A few HD channels moved in the Alaska HD Pack area accoring to JohnH at
- 5500 Discovery HD moved from tp 29 to tp 12 on sport beam 46 and 47 at 110°
- 5505 ESPN HD moved from tp 29 to tp 12 on spot beam 46 and 47 at 110°
- 5516 Showtime HD moved from tp 29 to tp 27 on spot beam 46 and 47 at 110°
- This leaves tp 29 spot 46 empty.
- Dish Network's E-Newsletter today stated that FX will be moving from
channel 137 to channel 136 on May 30. No reason was given. Here is
the actual text:
- May 30th - FX is moving to channel 136.
FX will be available on channels 136 and 137 until May 30th. After May 30th
FX will be available on channel 136 only.
You’ll continue to enjoy its award-winning original series like The Shield,
Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me in addition to its impressive library of box-office
hits. Please remember to adjust your DVR timers if necessary to ensure that
you don’t miss recording any of your favorite FX shows at their new home,
- TV Guide Channel completed its move to its new channel on 117.
Channel 102 which had a slate telling people to the new channel location was
removed from the system today.
- A mirror of FX is now uplinked to channel 136. Speculation is that
the channel will be moving down one channel or it will be an alternate channel
for baseball for areas blacked out during games. Channel 136 is not
available to subscribers yet.
- The mirrors of Almavision in the Dish Latino area (851) have been removed.
Almavision is available on channel 9413 to ALL Dish Network customers with a
dish pointed at 129° and 61.5° free on request with the
Public Interest Pack.
- 3 Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) was removed from Sky Angel channel
9710 about a year ago when Echostar 3 suffered a transponder failure.
Sky Angel has been technically unable to bring this channel back on its
system. Today Dish Network uplinked 3ABN on channel 9710 at 61.5° tp 10
and 129° on tp 17. This channel is not yet available to subscribers.
According to 3ABN itself, this channel will be part of the Public Interest
Pack and available free to all Dish Network and Sky Angel subscribers on
request. My apologies for my constant doubt of this information which
was released about 3 weeks ago.
- The NBA channels 562-572 have been hidden from the system for the season.
- South Asian channels SET Max, TV Asia and SET added to tp 11 at 148° on
channels 785, 786 and 792 last week became available to subscribers today.
- Cinemax HD is now available on channel 9458 and mapped down to channel 310
to Multi-Max and Everything pack subscribers with HD enabled receivers.
- KLMN Fox/My Network TV in Great Falls, Montana is now available to local
area subscribers on channel 8854. (ANON)
- TV Guide Channel moved from channel 102 to 117 today and became a full
screen channel without the scrolling useless guide. Channel 102 now
shows a slate telling subscribers to change the channel to 117
- New free preview channels: 281 is now SoanNet (was Boomerang), 282
is now WE (Was Discovery Health), 283 is now Oxygen (Was CSTV), 284 is now De
Pelicula (Was Hallmark Channel) and channel 290 was added with the Tennis
channel as a free preview.
- Sky Angel continues to remove channels from their line-up replacing
Familyland which played a wide array of entertainment programs among its
standard fare and replaced it with Spirit TV which plays contemporary
Christian music videos 24-7. Spirit was removed from Sky Angel April
2006 as a result of a transponder failure at 61.5°. Shortly after Spirit
shared time on Sky Angel's KTV channel 9703.
- Almavisión, channel 9413, is once again showing real programming.
Removed the "coming Soon" slate comment.
- Scott at Satelliteguys.US is reporting that Cinemax HD will launch on
Friday 5/4 at about noon Mountain time (2pm Eastern)
- German Kino Plus (724) became available as an a la carte channel for
$14.99 a month at 118° and 121°.
- The first set of real moves from one satellite to another at 118° began
today. Anik F-3 is replacing AMC16. (ANON) This move should be
completely transparent to subscribers. No action should be required by
the subscriber. If for some reason the receiver loses any of these
channels press and hold the power button on the receiver (not the remote) and
allow the receiver to reset. Or try a switch check on the receiver's
- All channels on transponder 18 on AMC 16 moved to tp 24 on Anik F-3.
- All channels on transponder 23 on AMC 16 moved to tp 25 on Anik F-3
- Both HD channels on transponder 24 on AMC 16 moved to tp 18 on Anik
- All other channels at 118° moved from AMC16 to Anik F1 with the same
transponder number. The frequency of the transponder is different now.
- All channels on transponder 14 at 118° (anik F1) moved to tp 19 (Anik
- Channel 9800 Commercial SPORT channel moved from tp 18 at 119° to tp 24 at
- KCWX CW channel 2 in San Antonio is now available to San Antonio local
subscribers again on channel 8475 at 110° (ANON)
- KLMN My Network TV channel 26 in Great Falls, Montana is now uplinked but
not available on tp 4s36 at 110° (ANON)
- UPDATE: This local channel is a Fox Affiliate AND a My Network TV
affiliate. Fox programming from 7-9 and My TV from 9-11 central time.
- Sky Angel Channel 9717 FamilyLand will be leaving the Sky Angel line-up on
May 2 and be replaced with Spirit TV. Spirit TV was removed from Sky
Angel last April after a transponder failure on Echostar 3 along with Golden
Eagle Broadcasting and 3ABN. About 6 months ago Sky Angel started using
Spirit TV to fill KTV channel 9703 in the later evenings and overnight hours.
Spirit will now have its own 24 hour channel again, but FamilyLand is
the one being shown the door.
- RUMOR MILL: 3ABN will be returning to channel 9710 where it was a
year ago before a transponder failure. However it will NOT be a Sky
Angel channel. It will be a Dish Public Interest channel available
to all Dish subscribers automatically and Sky Angel subscribers who call to
get the Dish FREE Public Interest Package. Details
are not available. There is a possibility that Dish subscribers would
see the channel on a different channel number. The rumor information
came from a 3 ABN program last Thursday where it was announced with much
fanfare that 3ABN would become available "in a few weeks". However,
since there are no other announcements, press releases or information, and no
officials will confirm or deny this at either Dish or Sky Angel (3ABN has not
responded to several e-mails). I am still calling this a rumor.
There is one interesting development. It was reported today on a post at
one of the DBS discussion boards that channel 9710 (which is still empty) is
transmitting electronic program guide information for 3ABN. This has
also been disputed. Take it all as you will. (Tony)
- Sports South HD became available Wednesday. This is a part time
channel and serves only Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi. South Carolina,
Georgia and western North Carolina. It is not available outside that
area on any package to anyone.
- From 4/25 please forgive the delay.
- Channels 6453, 6454 St. Louis HD local ABC and CBS moved from tp
20 to 11 at 118°
- Channels 6465, 6466 Raleigh HD local ABC and CBS moved from tp 19 to 10
- Channels 6467, 6468 Raleigh HD local NBC and Fox moved from tp 22 to 12
- Channels 6485, 6486 Charlotte HD local NBC and Fox moved from tp 21 to 9
- Some reports indicate that the channels also moved from the AMC16
satellite to the Anik F3 Satellite at the same time but that has not been
- South Asian channels SET Max, TV Asia and SET added to tp 11 at 148° on
channels 785, 786 and 792 respectively. (ANON) There is
speculation that these channels are delayed by 3 hours for the west coast
subscribers but there is no confirmation on this. These channels are
not available to subscribers at this time.
- The Grand Junction temporary "x" channels on 5905-5908 have been
removed. The transition to 110° is complete.
- Test Channel TST99 was uplinked to channel 5895 on tp 13 at 118° on Anik
F3. This satellite will be replacing AMC16 at the 118.75° location
starting in 4 days.
- From 4/26 - TST99 moved from tp 13 to 19 at 118° on Anik F3.
- Ftom 4/26 - KCWX CW San Antonio, is uplinked (again) to tp 23s22 at 110°
on channel 8475. (ANON) It is not yet available to subscribers.
- ESPN Alternate 145 moved from tp 24 at 110° to tp 18 at 119°
- ESPN 2 Alternate 146 moved from tp 16 at 110° to tp 10 at 119°
- MASN2 433 moved again yesterday morning. It will move two or three
times a week at least through the baseball season and unfortunately I will be
unable to keep up with it. This channel will be listed on transponder
*** satellite *** from now on just like all the other alternate sports
channels (Except ESPN which are relatively stable). MASN2 should always
be on one of the following transponders: 16 or 24 at 110°; or 10, 12 or 18 at
4/18/07 (all changes by ANON)
- V-Me is now available on channels 846 as part of Dish Latino and DL Bonus
Packs. And channel 9414 as part of the FREE
Public Interest Package, yes...Free package to any subscriber...to
anything on Dish.
- Starfish Network is now available to AT100 and DL2 and up on channel 9408
at 61.5° and 129°. This channel is also part of the
FREE Public Interest Package.
- KCWL CW Lincoln, NE is now available to local area subscribers on channel
- Foreign language package Free Preview channels now available to select
subscribers at 61.5° and 148° on channel 574 and 575.
- Grand Junction local channels 7565-7571 moved from tp 4 at 148° to tp 26
spot beam 34 at 110°. At the same time channels 5904-5908 which were
unavailable mirrors of the old GJ channels at 148° are now available to
subscribers telling Grand Junction local subscribers if they cannot see the
old local channel positions to call Dish for a dish upgrade to see 110°.
- WGBU PBS from Bowling Green Ohio is now uplinked but not yet available to
the Toledo locals area on channel 7827 on tp 26 spot 13 at 110°
- RFD TV completed its move to channel 231 and was removed from its old
position on channel 9409. RFD TF is now only available on AT200 and up.
It is no longer part of the Free PI pack or AT100.
- The Hallmark Channel moved from AT250 to AT 200 and up on channel 185.
- Hallmark Movie Channel has been added to AT250. Previously this
channel was only available on Dish Family ONLY.
- Global One, an international channels was uplinked but is not available to
subscribers yet on channel 702 at 61.5° and 148° tp 10 and 3 respectively, and
channel 742 at 121° tp 13
- Israel Movie Channel is now uplinked but not available to subscribers on
channel 703 at 61.5° and 148° tp 10 and 3 respectively, and channel 743 at
121° tp 13
- German Kino Channel is now uplinked but not available to subscribers on
channel 724 at 118.75° and 121 tp 14 and 22 respectively.
- A mirror of TVGC is now uplinked to channel 117. This is not a new
channel. It is a mirror of the same channel arleady available on channel
102 tp 2 at 110° (ANON)
- FPCHN 575 moved from tp 12 to 8 at 61.5° and from tp 25 to 9 at 148°
- Yesterday MASN2 (433) continued its meanderings trough the sky and this
time ended back up at 119° to 18. (ANON)
- MASN2 (433) moved from to tp 16 at 110°
- As expected, MASN2 channel 433 moved transponders again, this time to tp
18 at 119° (ANON) This channel will probably move more than once a week and
may eventually be made a tp *** channel.
- SUN Sports in HD is now available on channel 372 at 61.5° ONLY.
You must have a dish aimed at the 61.5° satellite to be able to see this
channel (ANON) Remember that all the HD Regional Sports channels are part time
channels only. They also share transponder space with other HD channels.
- The HBO free preview channels on channels 290-297 have been removed from
the system (ANON)
- Cinemax HD is now uplinked to channel 9458 on transponder 22 at 61.5° and
transponder 27 at 129°. (ANON) This channel is not available to
subscribers yet. One report is it will come by May 1 or sooner (as early
as next week). Please regard that as total unadulterated,
unsubstantiated and uncorroborated rumor at this time.
- Oklahoma City ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox HD local channels are now uplinked BUT
NOT AVAILABLE on channels 6489-6492 to tp 3 spot 9 at 119° (ANON) No word on
when these will become available.
- KCWL 51 CW Network affiliate from Lincoln NE is now uplinked to
channel 7554 on tp 29 spot 29 at 110° (ANON) This channel is not
available to subscribers yet.
- Grand Junction, Colorado locals are now being mirrored on channels
5904-5908 at 148°. The EPGs on these mirrors start with an X followed by
the stations call letters. (ANON) Previously when Dish has done this
they are used to tell subscribers that these channels are moving to a
satellite which may require new equipment. Grand Junction locals are
currently not uplinked to any other satellite location, but this may be
preparation. The mirrors are not yet available to subscribers.
- Two new international free preview channels are uplinked and may be
available to select subscribers but a (1) is still on the listing until
confirmation is received. The new channels are on 574 and 575 on tp 25
at 148° and 12 at 61.5° (ANON)
- 9463 NHL HD has come out of hiding and is now available to
subscribers for the NHL Playoffs. (ANON) Availability of this channel
will vary depending on games and black-out rules.
- MASN2 (433) moved from tp 10 at 119° to tp 16 at 110°. (ANON)
Speculation: 433 MASN2 is nothing more than a mirror of a SPORTS
alternate channel or SKDL channel. This means that 433 will be moving
constantly through the following transponders: 16, 24 @ 110° and 10, 12, 18 at
- Channel 9800 SPORT moved from tp 10 to 18 at 119° (ANON)
- The HBO Free preview channels in the 290 range are now available to all
subscribers except Dish Family Pack subs.
- A new RSN is testing at channel 433 it is currently called "TEMP8" on tp
10 at 119° (ANON)
- Temp 9 on channel 421 moved to channel 432 and remains on tp 21 at 119°
- Reported to still be MASN
- UPDATE: MASN is now available on Dish Network channels 432 and
433 as of 5pm Eastern
- Channels 5826-5829 which were mirrors of New York HD ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox
were removed from tp 17 and 19 at 61.5°.
- Channels 6300-6303, the NYC HD network channels switched over to
full-fledged MPEG-4. NYC Fox (6303) moved from tp 19 to 17 at 61.5°
joining the rest of the NYC locals on that tp.
- Resort & Residence channel (216) is now a 24 hour channel and no longer
shares bandwidth with BTV channel in the 9600 channel range.
- i-Drive (221) is now a part-time channel and shares bandwidth with BTV
- Water channel 217 moved from tp 14 at 110° to tp 11 at 119°
- Beauty & Fashion 225 moved from tp 11 at 119° to tp 16 at 110°
- iShop 219 moved from tp 16 to 14 at 110°
- Channel 625 MLB IE barker channel has been removed from subscriber's
prying eyes. MLB and Dish could not come to terms so no MLB IE for Dish
- RFD TV channel 9409 was replaced with a slate telling people to tune in to
channel 231 which is RFD's new home now that it isn't a public interest
channel. RFD TV is available to AT200 and up and Dish Family Packs only
4/4/07 (By ANON)
- The following HD RSNs became available on a part-time basis (Jeff)
- 361 PRIME
- 366 FOXSW
- 367 FOXW
- 370 FOXS
- 373 FOXFL
- 141 and 147 ESPNA channels removed from the system
- 147 ESPNA, REMOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
- Free Preview Changes
- 281 ANIML became BOOM
- 282 ION became DHEALTH
- 283 TDIS became CSTV
- 284 HLMRK, 285 MUN2 and 286 REAL are no longer in free preview mode
- 289 FREE preview barker channel moved to channel 298
- HBO channels warming up for this weekend's HBO free preview: 290
HBO-E , 291 HBO2E, 292 HBOSG, 293 HBO-W, 294 HBO2W, 295 HBOFM, 296
HBOCY, 297 HBOLT
- International free preview channels 997 and 998 removed from the system at
148° and 61.5°
- Test channels added today but not available to subscribers
- 5748 TWCV2 ADDED TO Tp 23 on EchoStar 1 at 148w
- 5895 RFDTV ADDED TO Tp 19 on EchoStar 8 at 110w
- 5897 DRMT1 ADDED TO Tp 21 on EchoStar 8 at 110w
- 5898 DRMT2 ADDED TO Tp 6 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
- 5899 DRMT3 ADDED TO Tp 6 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
- 5900 DRMT4 ADDED TO Tp 8 on EchoStar 8 at 110w
- 5901 DRMT5 ADDED TO Tp 16 on EchoStar 8 at 110w
- 5902 DRMT6 ADDED TO Tp 6 on EchoStar 8 at 110w
- New Public Interest channel uplinked but not available to subscribers at
61.5° and 129°
- 9408 STARF ADDED TO Tp 10 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w
- 9408 STARF ADDED TO Tp 17 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w
- 9417 EDUCA ADDED TO Tp 10 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w
- 9417 EDUCA ADDED TO Tp 17 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w
- Shreveport, LA CW local channel 7020 KPXJ 21 became available to local
- Fox Sports Rocky Mountain HD channel 364 on tp 8 at 129° is now available
to 100+, DL2 and Multi-Sports subscribers. (ANON/Jeff)
- Fox Sports Midwest HD Channel 368 on tp 8 at 129° is now available tp
AT100+, DL2 and Multi-Sport subscribers. (ANON/Jeff)
- NOTE: These are part-time REGIONAL sports networks.
They are only available to AT100+ and DL2 subscribers in their regions.
Multi-sport subscribers are subject to black-out for games out of their
- Erie PA local channels 7041-7047 moved from tp 17 to 21 at 129° (Digiblur)
- Channels 5845-5847 on tp 10 at 129° (KABC, KCBS, KNBC) which were never
available to subscribers at that location and were testing in true MPEG 4 and
5848 (KTTV) on tp 19 at 148° replaced the MPEG2 versions available to
subscribers on channels 6306-6309. KTTV 6309 moved from tp 19 to join
the other three channels on tp 10 at 129°. The 5845-5847 versions were
- V-ME a new US based Public Television Spanish language channel (http://www.v-me.tv)
is now uplinked but not available to subscribers on tp 16 at 119° on
channels 846 and 9414. This channel will apparently be a Public Interest
channel at the 119° location IF it is added to the line-up. (Digiblur).
V-Me when spoken in Spanish (with bad grammar) can be taken to mean "Look at
me" or "see me".
- 851 and 9413 ALMA (not available to subscribers) moved from tp 21 to 17 at
- The following changes were reported on the
Satelliteguys uplink thread on 3/22/07.
- Prime, Fox Sports Rocky Mountain and Fox
Sports Midwest have been uplinkled to tp 8 at 129° on channels 361, 364 and
368. These channels are presumably HD channels and are not available
- Fox Sports Florida has been uplinked to tp
30 at 61.5° on channel 373 presumably in HD and is NOT available to
- NHL HD channel 387 which was never made
available to subscribers was renamed SPSOU (Sports South) on tp 8 at 129°.
It is still not available to subscribers.
- NHL HD channel 388 which was never made
available to subscribers was renamed SNY (Sports Net New York). This
channel is still not available to subscribers.
- 578 -
BRDGS moved from TP 24 to TP 26 at 148° and from tp 15 tp 23 at 61.5°
- 653 -
ARANGTP 24 to TP 26 at 148° and TP 15 to TP 23 at 61.5°
- 655 -
WOWTV TP 9 to TP 3 at 148° and TP 8 to TP 10 at 61.5°
- 657 -
ONGME TP 29 to TP 3 at 148° and TP 31 to TP 10 at 61.5°
- 661 -
WOWTV TP 2 to 18 at 121°
- 725 -
DWTV moved from TP 02 to TP 18 at 121°
- 997 -
FPCHN a free preview channel targeted at specific international package
subscribers were added TP 29 at 148° and TP 31 at 61.5°
- 998 -
FPCHN another free preview channel for international subscribers was added
to TP 27 at 148° and tp 18 at 61.5°
- 5790 -
HDSKD an HD sports channel which is used to feed the Pro sports package
channels was added to TP 8 at 129°. It is not now nor will it
ever be directly available to subscribers just like the other HDSKD and SKDL
- MP425-MP432 and MP433-MP440 test channels
added to tps 8 and 10 at 148° respectively on channels 5935-5990.
These are not available to subscribers and are presumed to be MPEG 4 encoder
tests with 16 channels each transponder now and a possible mix of HD
and non-hd channels.
6265-6269 - KATU, KOIN, KOPB, KPTV, KPDX Portland locals are now available
to subscribers in some specific
area outside the Portland Area via agreement. Anyone who can see these
channel that DOES NOT live in the Portland TV market, please email
email@example.com and let
us know what area you are in.
7020 - KPXJ Minden, LA a CW affiliate in the Shreveport TV market is now
uplinked to TP 18 Spotbeam 15 at 110°. It is not available to
Charleston, WV local channels 7315-7321 moved from tp 9 to 18 at 105°.
Channels 7322 and 7324 moved from tp 9 to tp 2 at 105°
Charlottesville, VA local channels 7929-7933 moved from tp 17 to 7 at 105°
8475 - KCWX, a CW affiliate in the San Antonio, TX area has been removed the
system. Dish and this channel (back when it was a WB affiliate had a
long struggle when SA and Austin locals first came on line. This
channel has changed markets from Austin to SA in the past.
- I have received a few e-mails telling me that
the HD channels are now listed on the EPG next to the SD counterparts.
This is new software on the 622 receiver. The channels are only
"mapped-down" to the lower channels by the receiver and are NOT broadcast on
these channels. So the channel chart will not list these channels the
same way that the chart "ignores" the local channel map-downs. However
in this case an logo
followed by the HD channel number has been added to all the SD channels which
have an HD channel mapped next to them now. Remember this is a feature
that can be turned off on the receiver. Also remember that some of the
HD and SD channels have completely unique schedules. Discovery and
Discovery HD theater are two completely different channels though they now
share a channel number if you let them. Thanks to Don for making my life
easier and sending a list of HD/SD couples.
- Updated website to KFTA channel 7497 (Anon)
- Added package info for the Sky Angel
Life-long subscribers add-on package starting 5/1. See yesterday's
changes below for more info.
- RFD TV is now available to AT200 and higher subscribers on channel 231 (Buzzdar).
It is also available a la carte for $1.99 a month. RFD TV on channel
9409 is being removed on April 4.
- All the ESPN Alternates moved transponders. (ANON)
- 141 from tp 24 at 110° to tp 18 at 119°
- 145 from tp 18 at 119° to tp 24 at 110°
- 146 from tp 10 at 119° to tp 16 at 110°
- 147 from tp 24 at 110° to tp 10 at 119°
- According to THIS web
site, RFD TV will be moving to channel 231 on AT200 and up and Dish Family.
There is no date given on the move, but other sources and web sites have
mentioned April 3 as the "official" moving date. As of right now this
channel is available to all AT100, Dish Latino Dos, and the Free Public
Interest Pack. on channel 9409 and on channel 9398 in the Dish Family Pack. (Xandir)
- TEMP 9 was added to channel 421 on tp 21 at 119°. This channel is
not available to subscribers. This channel's EPG info is showing
MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Net) program info. (ANON) I have also received
reports that as of this moment, there is no video or audio carrier on this
channel. For all those that might get all excited about MASN "coming to
Dish", keep in mind that unless and until there is an official press release
or the channel is actually launched, nothing is certain. Remember that
Dish uplinked YES network TWICE and it is still not available.
- KATU (ABC), KOIN (CBS), KOPB (OPT-PBS), KPTV (Fox) and KPDX (MyTV) from
Portland, OR are now mirrored in the old "Significantly Viewed" channel area
on channels 2625-6269. (ANON)
- Speculation on TNGTony's part to follow!!! These could be getting
ready for Bend Oregon. The Bend TV market only has an NBC full power
affiliate, a PBS station which is an OPT repeater and a Fox LP station which
is owned by the same company that owns the Portland Fox affiliate. All
Dish would have to do is make a deal with and uplink KTVZ (NBC) in Bend
Oregon and strike carriage deals with the 5 other stations.
- Some transponder moves on Thursday morning:
- From tp 10 to 17 at 119°: 127 Oxygen, 153 Outdoor Channel
- From tp 10 to 16 at 119°: 322 Sho Extreeme
- From tp 13 to 17 at 119°: 311 Cinemax West
- From tp 16 to 20 at 119°: 254/8834 CW/WSFL
- From tp 17 to 10 at 119°: 414 Fox RM. 416 Fox SW, 429 CSN Chicago
- From tp 21 to 20 at 119°: 255/8794 CW-W/KSWB
- From tp 21 to 13 at 119°: 410 Altitude
- From tp 24 at 110° to 12 at 119°: 431 Sports Time Ohio
- Current TV's EPG had a name-change from CRNTV to CURNT on channel 196
- KTAQ channel 47 in Dallas is now available to Dallas area local
subscribers. (ANON / Dom)
- Channels 141 and 147 were renamed from ESP3A and ESP4A to ESPNA. (ANON)
These are alternate ESPN channels.
- A ton of MP test channels have popped up at 148°. MP401-MP412 were
added to tp 8 on channels 5911-5922 and MP413-MP424 were added to tp 10 on
channels 5923-5934. (ANON)
- Hallmark Movie Channel is being added to AT250 presumably on channel 187
and The Hallmark Channel (on ch 185) will be moved from AT250 to AT200 as of
4/18/07 according to several press releases from Hallmark. There has
been no word from Dish Network itself. Added notes to these channels.
- Scott G at Satellitguys.us is reporting that RFD TV on channel 9409 is
being removed from the Free PI Pack/AT100 and added to AT200 and up because
this channel is no longer considered a "Public Interest" channel by the FCC.
Channel 9398 which is RFD TV for the Family Pack should be unaffected
according to Scott. No official word yet, but RFD did lose its status as
a non-commercial educational public interest channel recently.
- Commercial Sports Channel 9800 moved from tp 12 at 119° to tp 16 at 110°.
- Baby First TV on channel 126 is in Free Preview this weekend. (Xandir)
- Channels 5901-5908 (RYST1 - RYST8) have been removed from tp 14 and 16 at
105°. These transponders have been removed from the Dish Network Tables
by Echostar. (Digiblur at Satelliteguys.us) Speculation is that Dish is
sub-leasing these transponders to other clients soon. These clients will
not be providing Dish Network service.
- Almavision, a religious, spanish language, public interest channel is now
available to AT100, Dish Latino 2 and the Free Public Interest Pack on channel
9413 on tp 21 at 129° and tp 10 at 61.5°. (Digiblur at Satelliteguys.us)
- KTAQ, an independent, religious local channel in the Dallas area is now
uplinked (But not available to subscribers) on channel 8414 at 110° tp 29 spot
- LIME TV (formerly known as WISDOM TV) ceased operations five days ago
(anyone notice?). This channel has been showing a slate that it is off
the air since then. Dish removed the channel/slate from channel 264 (tp
3 at 110°) (ANON)
- Time for the new Free Preview channels. This month's flavors are as
- 281 Animal Planet
- 282 ION (Formerly called Pax) replaces Bravo.
- This has got to be some one's idea of a practical joke. I can
see the marketing department now... "Hey, what channels should we
put on free preview to show off what a great deal our more expensive
packages are this month?" "Hey, I know! How about a channel
that features 18 hours of paid programming infomercials and the 6 hours of
real programming which was somewhat original programming was recently
replaced with tired old series on their 1045th re-run that TV Land wont
touch!? That'll get people to call to upgrade their service!!!"
"Hey, great idea! Let's do that the entire month of march!
It's just too bad that 'Beauty and Fashion channel" is already on AT100
otherwise we'd do that one for April!"
- 283 Toon Disney replaces Great American Country
- 284 Hallmark Channel replaces Women's Entertainment
- 285 Mun² replaces De Película Clásico
- 286 Fox Reality replaces Biography Channel.
- An HD Business TV channel was added to tp 13 at 110° on channel 9615.
This is most likely another mirror of channels 9463, 9465, 9466 & 9467.
Only one of these channel numbers is active at any one given time depending on
the program running on the stream at the time. (ANON)
- Correction KUSA-DT 6332 was listed as "Off Air" due to a report from
another contributor on 10/16. However, (SimpleSimon) assures me that the
channel is available and has been all this time. Removed the note from
channel 6332 and returned the colors to normal.
- Other minor errors corrected (anon)
- (Cueing "Sanford and Son" theme song...) Echostar 4 apparently came
back to life on Saturday or shortly before. For those without a
score card, Echostar 4 is now at 77°. Transponders 9 and 21 from
110° are now being "mirrored" or more correctly, rebroadcasting on
transponders 9 and 21 at 77°. (I am only guessing that the transponder
retransmissions have not been transposed at 77°) This includes channels
119/286, 163, 192, 195, 309, 321, 329/898, 330/899, 401, 407/853, 498, 499,
838, 840, 845, 857, 865, 868, 872. NONE OF THESE CHANNELS IS AVAILABLE
TO THE PUBLIC. THIS IS A TEST ONLY. It is very similar to a test
performed while E*4 was at 157°. (Brudda Kirk)
- For those without score cards, E*4 has now been active at 119°, 110°,
148°, 157° and now 77°. This satellite has had major troubles since
its launch and never worked to its designed specs has been a test horse and
stop-gap satellite since 2000 when Dish Latino was first launched at 110°.
- Added 77° chart and links to this and all other charts as well as the main
- 5890 (MP271) A test channels (possibly MPEG 4 test) is now uplinked
to to 27 at 129° (ANON)
- 118 A&E moved from Tp 10 to Tp 8 on E*7 at 119° (ANON/Joe)
- 168 SPIKE moved from Tp 13 to Tp 16 on E*7 at 119° (ANON/Joe)
- 240 INFO moved from Tp 16 to Tp 15 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 250 INFO moved from Tp 16 to Tp 15 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 253 INFO, removed from Tp 16 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 255 CW-W moved from Tp 16 to Tp 21 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 333 FLIX moved from Tp 19 to Tp 17 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 455 SPORT moved from Tp 2 to Tp 13 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 7310 INFO, removed from Tp 16 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 7598 TST54, removed from Tp 17 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 7599 TST50, removed from Tp 16 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 8668 TST55, removed from Tp 17 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 8669 TST51, removed from Tp 16 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 8794 KSWB moved from Tp 16 to Tp 21 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 9250 INFO, removed from Tp 16 on E*7 at 119° (ANON)
- 9763 ALLWP (All Worship Radio) which was hidden from subscribers was moved
to channel 9764 replacing KTLW (The Living Way Radio) and available to
- Fixed many links and "tweaked" channel names. Thanks to "N" for the
- Discovery Kids en Español which was uplinked but never made available to
subscribers on channel 846 tp 19 at 110° has been removed from the system.
- ALMA which is presumably Almavision, Spanish language religious channel is
now uplinked as a Public Interest (FCC Mandated) channel on channels 851 and
9413 on tp 10 at 61.5° and tp 21 at 129°. This channel is not available
to subscribers yet. (ANON)
- This would be the first PI channel that would become available at
61.5° but not 148°. The short version of the possible reason why is
that the FCC rules require a certain percentage of bandwidth USED per
satellite location be reserved for PI channels. 61.5° and 129° are
being used for HD channels that 148° does not have. This PI channel
could be to maintain compliance with the PI rules. For detailed
explanation on the FCC PI rule click
- Removed hyperlink to MTV Latino on the MTV Español channel on Dish
Network. The link was definitely wrong. No link to MTV Español is
available. According to and email for N and several news links I found,
MTV Español was supposed to become MTV Tr3s late 2006. Well
THIS image was taken
last night. from channel 872 on dish last night. It is definitely NOT
MTV Tr3s. It is the old MTV Español showing nothing but videos (no
v-jays even) 24-7.
- Another weird situation: Placed a (1) in the notes for Megacosmos
and Radio Greece. Also changed the text of the entry to red. These
channels are still uplinked but apparently no longer available to subscribers
on Dish for some time. Megacosmos EPG shows "OFF AIR" and has for some
time. (Thanks to N for bringing this to my attention)
- Changed the mislabeled "South Asia FM" to "Asian FM USA" and added
hyperlink to channels 583 and 810. (N)
- Added or fixed many links. Thanks to N for the info.
- Yes Darkman, I made the two changes. :) Last week I neglected to
change the old "The Who" channel on 6097 to the new Reggae channel listing.
All other info was correct. Also added "Zoom" to the name of Mazzika TV.
The full name of the channel is Mazzika Zoom TV. The EPG changed to ZOOM
- ESPN Alternate (145) moved from tp 24 at 110° to tp 18 at 119° (ANON)
- ESPN2 Alternate (146) moved from tp 16 at 110° to tp 10 at 119°
2/14/07 (St. Valentine's Day!)
- Channels 9483 and 9484 CBS HD East (tp 17 @ 61.5°) and CBS HD West (tp 13
@ 148°) have been removed from the system since Dish cannot sell them to
anyone anywhere. NYC and LA CBS HD are now part of their respective
- Sirius Music Channel Moves all at 119°--(Not all programming changes have
taken effect as of 1:30pm) :
- 6024 changed from SIRIUS Disorder Eclectic/Free
Form to '90s Alternative
- 6029 Sirius "The Who" added to tp 21
- 6098 Sirius "The Who" removed from tp 21
- 6067 Revolution Christian Rock removed from tp 21
- 6097 Reggae Rythms added to tp 13
- 6032 moved from tp 13 to 17 and changed from Reggae to "Sirius
Disorder - Free-form rock"
- 6075 changed from Swing Street to Siriusly Sinatra (all Sinatra all the
time) (personal note.... THIS BLOWS CHUNKS! Swing Street
was the only channel I listened to since they merged it with the big-band
- 6085 changed from Classical Voices to Sirius Metropolitan Opera Channel
- Test Channels 5745 and 5746 (IAD16 and IAD17) removed from to 8 at 110°
- Channel 5749 (FVOD) added to tp 16 at 110°
- Channels 5896 (MPSDT) added to tp 7 at 110°
- Channel 673
Mazzika TV changed EPG name for
MZIKA to ZOOM. At this time I cannot confirm if this was a simple name
change by the channel or if it was a channel change.
- ESPN Alternate 145 moved from tp 18 at 119° to tp 24 at 110° (ANON)
- ESPN Alternate 2 channel 146 moved from tp 16 at 119° to tp 16 at 110°
- Commercial Account SPORT channel 9800 moved from tp 24 to 16 at 110°
- TEST Channel 895 vanished and channel 204 appeared on tp 2 at 119°.
Not available to subscribers. (About 4am) (ANON)
- Later that day... (About 10am eastern) Channel 204 became COURT and
became available to AT200 and up subscribers. NOT AT100. Court TV
has come back to the line-up. I'm sure both Court TV viewers with Dish
Network will be very pleased. :-) That is unless they subscribe to
AT100! (Mr Most)
- This entry is nothing new to those that keep track of these things on the
various satellite forums, however I recently received an e-mail that made me
realize that I had neglected to mention the following:
- Over the last two weeks, Dish Network has removed over 650 "virtual
channels". These were the EPG listings for local digital
sub-channels available using a Dish HD receiver and an over the air antenna.
Though the listings seemed to work for everyone (including me) Dish has
removed these listings. There is no official reason given.
Speculation ranges from a problem with the size of the EPG stream or the data
compression and certain receivers to the fact that the virtual channel
listings worked regardless of subscription to channels affected. For
example some one who subscribes to Washington DC but also receives Baltimore
locals was getting the OTA EPG for all the sub-channels. To subscribers
that is not an issue, but to Dish it might be. Though I have not
confirmed it, speculation by some is that the sub-channel info was being
received by all regardless of whether they subscribed to local channels
through Dish or not. Lest we forget that Dish WANTS us to subscribe to
- All the Dish Virtual Channels are being tracked by Chaddux on the digital
sub-channel chart (renamed the Virtual Channels Chart)
2/8/07 From DBSTalk.com
- 191 G4 MOVED FROM Tp 14 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
TO Tp 12 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
204 COURT, COURT REMOVED FROM Tp 2 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
435 FOXNE MOVED FROM Tp 12 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
TO Tp 14 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
502 PPV MOVED FROM Tp 21 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
TO Tp 6 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
5816 VOD MOVED FROM Tp 21 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
TO Tp 6 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
7644 KDRV MOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7645 KTVL MOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7646 KOBI MOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7647 KMVU MOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7650 KSYS MOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7651 KBLN MOVED FROM Tp 10 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7846 WIS, REMOVED FROM Tp 7s14 on EchoStar 7 at 119w (Columbia
NBC in the Florence TV market)
7950 KTWO MOVED FROM Tp 14 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 4 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7951 KGWC MOVED FROM Tp 14 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 4 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7952 KCWY MOVED FROM Tp 14 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 4 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7953 KFNB MOVED FROM Tp 14 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 4 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7956 KCWC MOVED FROM Tp 14 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 4 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7991 KTXE MOVED FROM Tp 8 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 12 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7992 KLST MOVED FROM Tp 8 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 12 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7993 KSAN MOVED FROM Tp 8 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 12 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
7994 KIDY MOVED FROM Tp 8 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
TO Tp 12 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
9381 KTBY, REMOVED FROM Tp 26 Spotbeam 46 110w (Anchorage Fox
in Juneau market)
9411 NAUHS MOVED FROM Tp 12 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
TO Tp 11 on EchoStar 7 at 119w
9419 A&E MOVED FROM Tp 20 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w
TO Tp 22 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w
9427 UNIHD MOVED FROM Tp 19 on Rainbow 1 at 61.5w
TO Tp 22 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w
9427 UNIHD MOVED FROM Tp 19 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w
TO Tp 27 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w
9763 ALLWP ADDED TO Tp 25 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w (Not yet available to
- ESPN alternate channels 3 and 4 added to channels 141 and 147 respectively
on tp 24 at 110° (ANON)
- TEST Channel 895 which is not available to subscribers is currently
showing The Biography Channel. This makes 4 channels now showing
Biography (119, 204, 286 and 895) (anon)
- KCWQ CW in Palm Springs is now available to local subscribers on channel
- In the previous changes I neglecter to add channel 895. This is a
TEST channel and not available to subscribers. It is on tp 2 at 119°
- WSWG is now available to the Albany GA TV market. (ANON) What kind
of legal wrangling and loop-hole jumping had to be done is not known at this
time. The end result is that CBS is available to this market as of
- Sirius Channel 6010 changed back to "The Bridge Mellow Rock" its "The Who"
limited run programming. At the same time Sirius Channel 6098 changed
from Rolling Stones Radio to the Who Channel! (Robb)
- Apparently KBCB Bellingham changed affiliations from ACN and DW to full
time ShopNBC on Jan 1 this year. Changed the listing (Joe C)
- (PACKAGE NAME AND
PRICE CHANGES TAKE EFFECT TODAY!!!!)
- America's Top 60 is now called America's Top 100
- America's Top 120 is now called America's Top 200
- America's Top 180 is now called America's Top 250
- Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum HD packs ceased to exist today.
They are now AT### + HD Packs
- WSWG TV 44 CBS Valdosta GA is now uplinked BUT NOT AVAILABLE to channel
7667 on tp 25 spot 3 at 110° (ANON) This channel number indicates that
Dish is planning to add this channel to the Albany GA TV market.
However,. WSWG is licensed to Valdosta, GA which is in the neighboring TV market of Tallahassee. The studios and tower are within the Albany TV market. Technically, this station does not qualify for Must Carry
in Albany, but it does in Tallahassee. The station can be carried in
Albany under a private contract between that station and other CBS stations
that provide a grade B signal into that area. In other words, if Dish,
WSWG and all the other stations which carry the same programming that claim to
serve the Albany area AND the copyright owners of the program all come to an
agreement that it is okay to sell WSWG in the Albany area, then Dish will be
able to offer the channel. Sounds simple, but have you ever tried to get
three people to agree on ANYTHING?
- Looks like quite a few transponder moves are taking place early this
morning. Stay tuned (2:02 am). Though RFD TV 9409 has not moved
from 119° to 110° yet, there is a hidden feed of this channel on transponder
19 at 110° (ANON). RFD may not end up there as I counted close to a
dozen channels showing "off air" on the EPG tonight. This usually means
a transponder shuffle. Presumably these moves are to make room for a few
- "i" TV which was PAX (and still listed as Pax on Dish's channel 181) has
rebranded itself again to "ion". (as in Television). (Shane) Some
one with a college degree came up with that I bet! :-) I guess
they figured out that no one could figure out how to spell or mention i
without looking silly! So ion (all in lower case) is the new name of the
network now. As far as us Dish subscribers are concerned, same 16
hours a day of paid programming. No "classic" TV programs during the day
and overnight like DirecTV and cable systems play on the channel.
Traders Television Network
removed from channel 9632 at 121°. (ANON)
- BET Channel 875 which was deactivated last week was removed today.
BET is still available on channel 124. (ANON)
- Health and Human Services channel is now available to all subscribers on
AT100, Dish Latino Dos and as part of the FREE Public
Interest Pack (yes, free to any Dish subscribers on request) on channel
9402 at 61.5° and 148° (ANON)
- Current TV is now available to AT200 and higher subscribers on channel 196
- A&E HD is now available on the HD pack on channel 9419 at 61.5° and 129°
- Reno Azteca local channel KAZR is now available to local subscribers on
channel 9007 at 119°.
- Pax officially became ION on the Dish Network EPG. The ownership of
the network passed from Paxson Communications to ion Media Networks
- Dish finally (after 5 months or mores) changed the EPG names of the
- 7269 WTWB new callsign WCWG
- 8674 KWBP new callsign KRCW
- 8834 WBZL new callsign WSFL
- The "X Games" channels 473-477 have been removed from 110° since the event
- Channel 287 which had AMC on it but never released to subscribers was
removed from the system today.
- The Free Preview Channels changed today as follows
- 282 History International was replaced by Bravo
- 283 Encore WAM was replaced by GAC
- 284 Fox Reality was replaced by Women's Entertainment
- 285 International Music feed was replaced by De Películas Classico
- 286 National Geographic was replaced by The Biography Channel.
- Over 400 EPG channel listings were added for digital sub-channels.
The sub channel chart will eventually be updated but as of this moment it is
three weeks behind in additions. I apologize for the delay in updating
it. However it will be updated in the coming weeks.
- According to
Multi-Channel News, Lime TV which was Wisdom TV until Steve Case bought it
(channel 264) is ceasing its cable channel operations "by the end of
February". The channel will still be available via the web site
www.lime.com/tv. (Raymie). Added
red background to channel and "ceasing operations by end of Feb. 07".
- Channel 9800 moved from tp 16 to 24 at 110° (ANON)
- No changes to the chart today however Digiblur at Satelliteguys.US has
published the latest channel list PDF files sorted by channel number and by
transponder number. Click
HERE to get
the latest PDF files.
- The "not-so-HD" channel compression continues today! Channels 9425
ESPN2 HD, 9429 NGC HD, 9462 FOOD HD moved from transponder 22 to 2 at 61.5°
moved from tp 2 for a total of 6 HD channels on one transponder.
They Join Starz HD, HGTV HD and NFL HD on the same transponder. Yup,
they are all on one Transponder! The only way to fit them all in is to
compress (i.e. remove information) the signal.
- Update: According to subscribers to these channels, the picture has
actually improved. Dish is now apparently using a new MPEG-4 Encoding
process that allows for more compression with less loss or at least less
noticeable artifacting. See
www.satelliteguys.us for the thread on the subject.
- ESPN2 HD 9425 moved from tp 19 to 30 and FOOD HD 9462 moved from tp 27 to
tp 30 at 129° joining NFL HD, HGTV HG, Starz HD and NFL HD on the same
- 8 mystery channels were added to 105°. Channels labeled RYST1-RYST4
were added to tp 14 at 105° and RYST5-RYST8 were added to tp 16 at 105° on
channels 5901-5908. They are all listed as showing several different
channels already available on the AT packages. None are available to
subscribers at this time.
- 5 camera angle "x-games" channels are now uplinked and available to
subscribers on channels 473-477. (ANON) These channels are active only
from 9-11pm EST tomorrow through Sunday.
- Charlotte, NC HD channels are now available to subscribers on channels
6483-6486 at 118°. (ANON) A Dish 500+, Dish 1000+ or a 30" dish pointed
at 118° required to receive these channels.
- BET on channel 875 has been removed from subscriber tiers.(ANON)
This channel should still available on channel 124 to all DL2 and up
subscribers. America's Top ### Subscribers are unaffected by this
- UPDATE: BET is no longer available on the Dish Latino packages as of
- From the "better late than never" club: Dish changed the epg name of
channel 8574 from KMWB to WUCW. It only took them 5 months to get to
this one/ :)
- Over 250 new "virtual" channels have been added to the 14000 and 15000
channel range. Once again, these channels are not really uplinked.
These are Electronic Program Guide (EPG) listings for Dish Network HD receiver
that are hooked up to an over the air antenna and receiving these channels.
This only works if the receiver is subscribed to their respective local
channels via satellite as well. Due to the shear numbers of these EPG
channels added, the "Digital sub-channel chart" will take a little while to
update and the "virtual channel" content will not be entered for some time.
Click HERE to see the sub-channel
chart. If you have any info for the the sub-channel chart, please e-mail
me using the provided link on that page! Thanks!
- Channel 9800 "Sport" moved from tp 18 at 119° to 16 at 110°. This
channel is only available to commercial accounts.
- A&E HD channel is uplinked to channel 9419 tp 20 at 61.5° and tp 27 at
129° (ANON). Remember that uplinked DOES NOT mean "available". It
means that Dish wants to carry the channel but nothing more until you actually
see "available" reported.
- A new Public Interest channel is uplinked. It is apparently the
Health & Human Services TV channel which seems to be a new thing.
It is only mentioned on the hhs.gov web site. But Dish Network and the
upcoming channel are specifically mentioned in the web site. No details.
This channel is uplinked to channel 9402 tp 10 at 61.5° and 3 at 148° (ANON)
- Discovery Kids en Español is now uplinked to tp 19 at 110° on channel 846.
"No es lo mísmo sin la Ñ". :)
- Mirrors of the Atlanta and San Francisco major networks from NPS have
replaced the NYC and LA network mirrors on channels 241-248. (ANON).
Since Dish can no longer offer distant network and NPS legally can, Dish has
replaced their channels with NPS's. See
THIS page for background info.
- Current TV has apparently replaced "Free3" the Pirate TV channel on
channel 196. This channel is currently (hardy har-har) unavailable to
subscribers. It is uplinked to tp 19 at 110°. "Free3" was uplinked
to to 10 at 119°. (ANON)
- A whole slew of digital sub-channels which only contain EPG (Electronic
Program Guide) info for satellite receivers with OTA reception of local
channels have been uplinked and made available to subscribers. (ANON)
This affects only subscribers with Dish HD receivers hooked up to an over the
air antenna who also subscribe to local channels via Dish Network.
- Charlotte, NC HD networks are now uplinked to channels 6483-6486 tp 8 and
21 at 118°. These channels are not available to subscribers yet. (ANON)
- ShopAThome has returned to the "America's top Shopping Channels" line-up
as a part-time channel. It is now sharing space (presumably with a BTV
channel) on tp 11 at 119°.
- SETI and i Cable from Taiwan and Hong Kong which have been available at
118° for some time are now uplinked and apparently available at 121° tp 5 on
channels 709 and 710 as part of the Chinese Super Pack.
- Info channels 5992 and 5993 have been removed from the system (tp 19 at
110°). (ANON) These info channels reportedly had information about a now
resolved dispute with Pappas Broadcasting. Since this dispute was settle
long ago, these channels were finally removed.
- Columbus, OH local channels 7200, 7201, 7202 moved from tp 32 to 21
at 129°. (ANON)
- Clarksburg/Weston, WV local channels 7911, 7912 moved from tp 21 tp 16 at
129° and channels 7913, 7915 moved from tp 21 to 32 at 129° (ANON)
- Charlottesville, VA local channels 7929-7931 moved from tp 21 to 32 at
129° and channel 7933 moved from tp 21 to 17 at 129° (ANON)
- The two Harrisonburg , VA local channels WHSV and WHSVD were removed from
tp 16 at 129°. (ANON) A mirror of WVPT remains in the Harrisonburg
channel range but it is not available to subscribers. It appears that
Dish has given up on efforts to provide local channels to this market at this
- All the "X" stations on channels 9833-9851 at 119° tps 1s3 and 1s 9 at
119° which included Portland and KC local channels that were available to
regional subscribers have been removed. (ANON). These channels
were there specifically to let the subscribers know that the stations were
being moved to 110° spot beams. They were meant to be temporary.
They were left up for much longer than originally planned.
- Two "sub-channel" listings removed from the sub-channel chart. 14014
KWHY1 and 14084 WFME1 have been removed. These are only EPG listings for
- Added "watch now" link to Al Jazeera (645) (Jalal)
- Two Rumor notes. Remember these are strictly rumors with
absolutely no corroboration:
- RUMOR: Hallmark Movie Channel (187) coming to AT200 (AT120)
starting February 1.
- RUMOR VARIATION: Hallmark Channel (185) moving
from AT 180 (AT250) to AT200 (AT120) and Hallmark Movie Channel (187)
being added to AT250 (AT180) starting Feb 1
- RUMOR: Court TV which was removed on 1/1/07 due to a
carriage contract dispute will be replaced by A&E Crime and Investigation
Network if a deal with Court TV cannot be reached by 2/1/07. There is
precedent for this. Last year Dish replaced Lifetime Movie Network
with Oxygen over a similar dispute. Lifetime movie Network was
eventually added back to the system but at on AT180 (AT250) rather than
AT120 (AT200) where it was before the dispute.
- Added "Watch On Line" links to several channels I found with 24 hour Live
streaming of programming on Dish. I know there are 4000 channels that
stream select programs, but for now I am only linking channels with 24 hour
streams on Dish / Sky Angel. These are mostly WM broadband streams.
The channels with links right now are: Bloomberg, CSPAN, CSPAN2, NASA TV, HSN,
QVC, Shop NBC, TBN, EWTN, BYU TV, Research Channel, Pentagon Channel, UWTC,
UCTV. 3 ABN and GEB. Also local channels from PR, WIPR and WAPA.
Both these channels seem to have full 24 hour streams.
- If there are other streams that are 24/7 of any other channels on
Dish, please let me know! Please e-mail me with the direct paths to the
video streams to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only legitamate stream links
will be accepted. This is not a pirate site. No secondary links
will be posted. Thanks!
- The EPG on channel 287 has changed to American Movie Classics however the
channel stream (we can't see the channel itself folks, just the EPG stream)
remains on tp 7 at 110°. This is an 8psk transponder with HD content.
This does NOT...repeat NOT...mean that the AMC listing is really AMC nor that
it is in HD. We just report what we see. Next update will not be
until at least after 11pm tonight. (ANON)
- RUMOR report. Court TV channel 204 will be replaced by A&E's
Crime & Investigation
Network. (MJ) It is thought that this is what Charlie was
threatening Court TV with the same way that Oxygen replaced Lifetime Movie
Network on AT120 during last year's run-in with another company.
1/4/07 (All changes ANON unless otherwise noted)
- Sirius Holiday Offer channels 155 and 6059 removed from 119°
- Holiday Music Channel has been removed from channel 982 for the season.
The actual audio stream may still remain for FTA listeners, but the channel
info is gone from the system and therefore no longer listed on this chart.
- The Preview Channels in the 280 block have been changed. Fox Movie
Channel has been replaced by History International on channel 282. WAM
is now on 283, Fox Reality Channel is on 284, International Music Feed is on
channel 285, National Geographic channel is on 286. Rush HD preview on
channel 287 has been hidden from subscribers.
- Asia FM has been removed from the system from channels 583 and 810 at
61.5°/148° & 118°/121°.
- Update 1/5/06 -- Woops! That was supposed to be MOVED, not REmoved....
583 moved from tps 18 & 11 to 27 & 1 at 61.5° and 148° respectively. 810
moved from tps 3 & 15 to 1 & 22 at 118° and 121° respectively. (ANON/anon)
- NorSat has also been removed from the system from channel 997 at
- "Soon 3" moved from tp 14 to 16 at 110° and "Soon 4" moved from tp 16 to
18 at 119°. At the same time "Soon 5" was added to tp 10 at 119°.
These are all internal channels which may contain free previews of movie
channels for specific subscribers only.
- KAZR CA 46 in Reno Nevada was uplinked to channel 9007 tp 5 spot 4 at
119°. This is an Azteca America affiliate.
- Video on Demand channels 9925-9934 which were never available to
subscribers and always in reality mirrors of PPV channels in the 500 block
have been removed from the system.
- Special thanks to Neil who spotted several errors and oversights in the
Excel spread sheet and sub-charts and reported them to me. These errors
have been fixed. A reminder, the main Channel Chart (www.dishchannelchart.com)
is as accurate as I can make it. The sub charts and the excel spread
sheet are "extrapolations" and , though I try to keep them up to date, they do
not always get updated properly. If you spot a discrepancy between a
sub-chart or excel spread sheet and this page (www.dishchannelchart.com) go
with the info on the main big chart! Also please let me know at
email@example.com so I
can fix it!
- No changes yet today. Information ONLY about the Court TV dispute
with Dish Network. According to
Multi-channel News Court TV's rates were going up a little so Dish wanted
to move Court TV from AT60 (AT100) to AT 120 (AT200). Court TV has a
different rate structure as the channel is placed in higher tiers. Dish
refused to pay the "penalty" fee for not having Court TV on the basic tier.
Court TV offered to extend the current contract and continue talks. Dish
refused. According to Court TV, there have been no negotiations since 9
PM December 31. Dish pulled the channel (since they did not have a
contract) at 12am PST on New Year's Day.
- UPDATE: At about 2pm EDT Channel 204 moved from tp 21 at 110° to TP 2 at
119°. (ANON) The content and EPG is still from The Biography Channel.
The video stream showing Court TV with no TID/SID info (unviewable to Dish
receivers) was removed and replaced with a copy of The Biography Channel.
1/1/07 - Happy New Year!
- Dish has apparently removed Court TV from the line-up. At this time
channel 204 is showing The Biography Channel (119) content.
- 204 COURT MOVED FROM Tp 2 on EchoStar 7 at 119w TO Tp 21 on EchoStar 8 at
110w (EPG shows Biography Channel info.)
DISH Channel Chart
All information on the
Dish Channel List
was gathered from fully subscribed Dish Player, 4000 and 1000 receivers
(America's "Everything", Sky Angel, Superstations, NYC,LA, and Cincinnati
Gist TV, ClickTV,
TV Grid, TV Guide,
Excite TV Listings and many other sources on the internet; JH., Peter S.,
Raymie, Shawn, Jeff F., Ogre, Paul, Larry R., Moe, Sean F, Mike T, DDRio, Jim D
and much appreciated e-mail contributions from numerous contributors. Whenever
possible, the transponder info is verified using a model 721 Echostar receiver.