The Dish Network User's Resource
The Tailgater - Model VQ2500 is a portable enclosed dish that automatically aims to 110°, 119° and 129°. It was released in Aug 2011. Since it has just one LNB, it can only be used with a Solo receiver (only the 211k at introduction).
Features & Information
- Size: 16"w x 17.5"h x 16"d
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Satellites: 110°, 119°, 129°
- Powered from the coax connection from the receiver.
- Price: $350 by itself, or $500 bundled with a 211k receiver.
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF, dishnetwork.com)
- User's Guide (PDF, dishnetwork.com)
- Tailgater Instruction Manual (sharesnack.com)
- Tailgate with the Tailgater - introduction, information, videos, internal pictures (DISHSupport.com)
- Tailgater (official product page, dish.com)
- Restriction: if you use Tailgater, a second account is required if you subscribe to Whole-Home HD DVR Service (Hopper).
- 211k receiver with at least L499 software (has been found to work with L495)
- 211 receiver with current software, L563 or higher
- The 211 doesn't work with the receiver's initial factory software. Connect the receiver to another dish to acquire the latest software before using with the Tailgater. The 211k should be able to control the Tailgater with the factory software.
- Run the aiming setup each time you move the dish.
- Run a Check Switch on the receiver each time you move it to a different dish type.
- Opening the case voids the warranty.
- The lowest operating temperature recommended for the Tailgater is 0° F.
Tailgater shell and interior
Tailgater insides, rear
Tailgater insides, side
Tailgater gets power from the receiver over coax
Updated 2-21-12. Corrections or additions? Contact the Editor